- Grant Aviation
Grant Aviation IATA
Callsign Founded 1971Emmonakas Delta Air Services in Commenced operations 1993 AOC # ENHA618D Frequent-flyer program Real Rewards Fleet size 30 Destinations see Grant Aviation destinations Headquarters Anchorage, Alaska Key people Bruce Mcglasson (President) Website flygrant.com
Grant Aviation is a regional airline that serves the state of Alaska. The airline was formed in 1971 as Delta Air Services based out of Emmonak. The current owners are Jeff Taggart, Bruce McGlasson, and Mark "Woody" Richard purchased the airline in 2004.
Grant Aviation serves over 100 communities in Alaska, and has bases out of Anchorage, Bethel, Dillingham, Emmonak, Homer, Kenai, Kodiak, and Valdez. Approximately 15% of Grant's flights go through their base at the Kenai Municipal Airport.
Grant Aviation flies a fleet of small propeller-driven airplanes, including:
Grant Aviation Fleet Aircraft Total Passengers Beech BE-200 2 9 Cessna 207 14 6 Cessna 208 7 9 Piper PA-31 Navajo 7 9
Grant Aviation, along with Bering Air, Frontier Flying Service, Northern Air Cargo, PenAir, and Ryan Air, participates in the Flying Can service, which allows rural Alaskan communities to recycle aluminum cans and now number 1 PET bottles in cooperation with Alaskans for Litter Prevention and Recycling.
Grant Aviation offers a frequent-flyer program called Real Rewards on flights between Anchorage, Homer, Kenai,Kodiak and Valdez only. Flyers earn one point for every dollar spent, and rewards are available for round trip airfare between the above mentioned communities starting at 1,000 points earned.
On 2 September 2011, a Cessna 208 Grand Caravan operated by Grant Aviation enroute to Bethel, Alaska from Toksook Bay collided in mid air with a Cessna 207 operated by Ryan Air 6 miles north of the Alaskan village of Nightmute, resulting in the death of the sole occupant aboard the Cessna 208. 
- Air transportation in the United States
- List of companies of the United States
- List of airlines of the United States
- List of airports in the United States
- Transportation in the United States
- ^ a b Jackinsky, McKibben (14 April 2010). "Airline company expands its Homer operations Grant spreads its wings". Homer News (Morris Communications). http://homernews.com/stories/041410/business_bu_003.shtml. Retrieved 16 October 2010.
- ^ a b "Grant Aviation AOC". Federal Aviation Administration. http://av-info.faa.gov/detail.asp?DSGN_CODE=ENHA&OPER_FAR=135&OPER_NAME=GRANT+AVIATION+INC. Retrieved 15 October 2010.
- ^ "Grant Aviation, Inc. CEO, CFO, Executives & Contacts". OneSource. Infogroup. http://www.onesource.com/free/Grant-Aviation-Inc/Company/Contacts/44912326. Retrieved 16 October 2010.
- ^ "Grant Aviation - Schedule". http://www.flygrant.com/schedule.html. Retrieved 16 October 2010.
- ^ Cella, Tony (4 October 2010). "Taking off: Kenai Municipal Airport is hub of community". Peninsula Clarion (Morris Communications). http://www.peninsulaclarion.com/stories/100410/new_715770003.shtml. Retrieved 16 October 2010.
- ^ Tuttle, Logan (16 June 2010). "Rural recycling finds a PET project". The Arctic Sounder (Alaska Newspapers, Inc.). http://thearcticsounder.com/article/1024rural_recycling_finds_a_pet_project. Retrieved 16 October 2010.
- ^ "Grant Aviation - Real Rewards". http://www.flygrant.com/rewards.html. Retrieved 16 October 2010.
- ^ "Plane Wreckage, Bodies Of 6 Found". The Seattle Times (The Seattle Times Company). 9 December 1999. http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19991209&slug=3000353. Retrieved 17 October 2010.
- ^ Pilots flying together before midair crash Lisa Demer, Anchorage Daily News, 9/4/11
- ^  Lisa Demer, Anchorage Daily News, 9/8/11
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Grant Aviation — Grant Aviation … Википедия
Grant Park (Chicago) — Grant Park U.S. National Register of Historic Places … Wikipedia
Grant-Valkaria, Florida — Grant Valkaria is a town in Brevard County, Florida, south of Melbourne between Palm Bay and Sebastian (part of the Palm Bay Melbourne Titusville, Florida Metropolitan Statistical Area). Grant Valkaria was incorporated as a town on July 25 2006… … Wikipedia
Grant McConachie — George William Grant McConachie (April 24 1909 June 29 1965) was a Canadian bush pilot and businessman who became CEO of Canadian Pacific Airlines (CPA). Grant McConachie was born in Hamilton, Ontario, and grew up in Calder, Alberta. He developed … Wikipedia
Grant County International Airport — Infobox Airport name = Grant County International Airport nativename = nativename a = nativename r = image width = caption = IATA = MWH ICAO = KMWH FAA = MWH type = Public owner = operator = Port of Moses Lake city served = location = Moses Lake … Wikipedia
Grant County Airport (New Mexico) — Infobox Airport name = Grant County Airport nativename = nativename a = nativename r = image width = caption = IATA = SVC ICAO = KSVC type = Public owner = operator = Grant County city served = location = Silver City, New Mexico elevation f =… … Wikipedia
Grant Building — Infobox Skyscraper building name = Grant Building caption = View of the Grant Building, the orange brick building at right location = 330 Grant Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania coordinates = groundbreaking = 1927 constructed = 1930 opening = use … Wikipedia
Global Aviation Holdings — Global Aviation Holdings. Type Private Industry Transportation Founded February 19, 2009 Headquarters Peachtree City, Georgia, USA Products Airline Services … Wikipedia
Era Aviation — ИАТА 7H ИКАО ERH Позывной … Википедия
Hageland Aviation Services — ИАТА H6 ИКАО HAG Позывной HAGELAND Дата основания … Википедия