Genre Mockumentary Created by Jon Glaser Starring Jon Glaser
Kevin Dorff (2008-2010)
Jerry Minor (2010)
Steve Cirbus (2010–present)
Mather Zickel (2010–present)
Janeane Garofalo (2012-)
Country of origin United States No. of seasons 2 No. of episodes 19 (List of episodes) Production Running time 11 minutes (2008-2009)
22 minutes (2010-present)
Production company(s) PFFR
Unintelligible Grunt (2010-
Broadcast Original channel Adult Swim Picture format 16:9 HDTV Original run Pilot: April 1, 2008;
February 12, 2009 – present
External links Website
Jon Glaser plays a man in the Witness Protection Program who moves his family to New York City so they can star in a reality TV show, forced to wear balaclavas at all times. Paul Rudd guest-stars in the pilot as himself. Eugene Mirman co-stars as a Russian hitman/stand-up comic hired to kill "Jon."
This series is produced by Wonder Showzen and Xavier: Renegade Angel creators PFFR. It leans decidedly more towards deadpan humor and does not use the black humor of their other shows. It is similar in format to The Office, in that it mocks a reality show setup, as if it were a serious, non-fiction reality show and not a fictional comedy.
In the first seven episodes Delocated had an eleven minute runtime; As of season two each episode now has a twenty-two minute runtime. The third season is set to premiere on January 5, 2012.
After testifying against the Russian Mafia, "Jon" and his family are uprooted and start living undercover through the witness protection program. After existing quietly in an anonymous suburb, "Jon" accepts an offer for the family to participate in a reality show based on their lives. In order to protect their identity with television audiences—and more importantly, the Russian mob family the Mirminsky's—they wear ski masks and have their voices surgically disguised. As part of the deal, the family is relocated to a sweet loft in New York City, where the series will be filmed. Not only does "Jon" find out that the sweet loft was not as advertised, his wife "Susan" promptly concludes that the life of a ski-masked, voice-disguised reality star is not for her or their teenage son "David." Picked up for a second season by the network, "Jon" has little time to celebrate as the vicious Mirminsky family renews their efforts to destroy him and everything he holds dear.
Cast and characters
- "Jon" (Jon Glaser) – The star of Delocated. He is always seen wearing a Balaclava and his voice is disguised by a vocal pitch shifter. He often comes off as arrogant and full of himself. However, these characteristics are sometimes exchanged with acts of incredible kindness. Most instances like this usually wind up in vain.
- Susan (Nadia Dajani) – Jon's ex-wife and David's birth mother. Renowned for sleeping with each subsequent federal agent assigned to protect her, including rob Rob, as well as several other men who know Jon, quite possibly including Mighty Joe Jon.
- David (Jacob Kogan) – "Jon" and Susan's first and only son. In the second season he becomes a network executive.
- Yvgeny Mirminsky (Eugene Mirman) – An incompetent Russian hit man and stand-up comedian who has been ordered to kill "Jon." His stand-up comedy act consists only of jokes about vodka.
- Mike the Federal Agent (Kevin Dorff) – Jon's bodyguard and best friend. He is murdered by Sergei in season two. After his death, Jon was so upset he reverted to the safety of split personalities until Mighty Joe Jon orchestrated an illusion that Mike was indeed still alive.
- Rob the New Federal Agent (Mather Zickel) - Becomes Jon's new bodyguard in season two, after Mike is murdered. He also dated Susan until she left him for her latest Federal Agent, leading to he and "Jon" bonding.
- Kim (Zoe Lister-Jones) – A woman who became Jon's girlfriend, after his divorce. In season two, she reveals that she no longer finds "Jon" attractive after seeing him without his mask for the first time; they remain as a couple nonetheless. They break up in season two's finale after "Jon" declines Kim's request of marriage.
- Mighty Joe Jon: The Black Blond (Jerry Minor) - Becomes the new executive producer of Delocated in season two, after Seth Goldstein is murdered. He also executive produces Yvgeny Mirminsky's reality show. A running joke is that he is repeatedly referred to by his full nickname, even by the FBI and Russian mafia. He is murdered in the second season's finale by Sergei.
- Sergei Mirminsky (Steve Cirbus) - The twisted older brother of Yvgeny. After tiring of Yvgeny's repeated failures, the Mirminsky family sends Sergei to kill "Jon" instead. Unlike the fat and incompetent Yvgeny, the muscle-bound Sergei is an efficient, sadistic, and ruthless assassin. In season two it is revealed that Sergei is adopted, his mother being a Russian whore.
- Seth Goldstein (David Beach) - The executive producer of Delocated's first season. Gets murdered by Sergei at the start of season two.
- Jay (Larry Murphy) The doorman to Jon's building who always wears a fake mustache.
- Ryan (Eli Newell) - Kim's brother who hates "Jon."
- Rick (Brian Kiley) – Jon's boss at the copy shop in season one.
- Todd Barry (Todd Barry) - One of Yvgeny's friends from stand-up comedy. Often seen playing poker with the Mirminskys at the Russian Social Club. He is ultimately taken under Sergei's wing after being forced to shoot at Jon and being "turned on" at the thought of killing. He is one of the only individuals that Sergei had anything other than contempt for.
- Yvgeny's Father (Vladimir Bibic) - The imprisoned head of the Mirminsky family, as well as Yvgeny's biological father and Sergei's adoptive father. Possibly imprisoned due to Jon's testimony.
- Greg DiPietro (Julian Gamble) - FBI agent assigned to investigating threats to "Jon."
- Bryce Grieke (Andrew Daly) - Jon's lawyer.
The first two seasons are set to be released on DVD in the United Stats on January 17, 2012. In Australia Madman Entertainment has plans to release the DVD as well according to a recent DVD sampler.
DVD name Release date Ep # Features Volume 1 January 17, 2012 19 commentary, deleted scenes, outtakes and the original demo Jon Glaser made to pitch the series to the network.
- ^ Lyons, Margaret (11 October 2011). "Janeane Garofalo Heading to Adult Swim". Vulture. http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/10/janeane_garofalo_heading_to_ad.html. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- ^ Turner Newsroom Adult Swim Debuts New Original Series Delocated!
- ^ at 11:37 PM (2008-03-24). "Jon Glaser on Adult Swim, a NYC Human Giant show, Clipse". Brooklynvegan.com. http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2008/03/jon_glaser_on_a.html. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- ^ http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RCGQSC showing
- Official site
- Delocated at TV.com
- Delocated at the Internet Movie Database
- Interview with Jon Glaser
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of Delocated episodes — The following is a list of episodes for the Adult Swim television series, Delocated, along with descriptions for each episode. The episodes are ordered chronologically by airdate for each season. The series originally had an 11 minute runtime for … Wikipedia
Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre — The Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre on West 26th Street in Manhattan. The Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre or UCB Theatre is an improvisational theatre and associated UCB Training Center with locations in … Wikipedia
Adult Swim — Current Adult Swim logo used as of May 25, 2003 Launched September 2, 2001 March 27, 2005 (programming block) March 28, 2005 present (cable network) Network Cartoon Network ( … Wikipedia
Todd Barry — Born March 26, 1964 (1964 03 26) (age 47) The Bronx, New York … Wikipedia
Jerry Minor — Jerry C. Minor (born October 4, 1969) is an American actor, comedian and writer known for his comedic roles in numerous television programs such as Mr. Show, Saturday Night Live, Delocated, Carpoolers and Lucky Louie. Contents 1 Life and career 2 … Wikipedia
Lucy, the Daughter of the Devil — Official show logo Format CG animated comedy Created by Loren Bouchar … Wikipedia
Mather Zickel — is a New York born actor, mainly known for comedy roles, as well as the character Kieran in Rachel Getting Married. He has worked in both film and television since the late 1990s. He graduated from the Pomfret School in 1988 and New York … Wikipedia
Jacob Kogan — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Kogan. Jacob Kogan Données clés Naissance 28 mai 1995 (1995 05 28) (16 ans) New York, États Unis Nationalité … Wikipédia en Français
Aqua Teen Hunger Force — This article is about the television series. For the film, see Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters. Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1 Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1 title card. Also known as … Wikipedia
Sealab 2021 — Title card Genre Animated Comedy Surreal humour Created by Adam Reed Matt Thompson … Wikipedia