Dayr Abu Salama


Dayr Abu Salama
Dayr Abu Salama
Dayr Abu Salama is located in Mandatory Palestine
{{{alt}}}
Dayr Abu Salama
Arabic
District Ramla
Coordinates 31°56′56.8″N 34°57′25.3″E / 31.949111°N 34.957028°E / 31.949111; 34.957028Coordinates: 31°56′56.8″N 34°57′25.3″E / 31.949111°N 34.957028°E / 31.949111; 34.957028
Population 60 (1945)
Area
Date of depopulation July 13, 1948[1]
Cause(s) of depopulation Military assault by Yishuv forces

Dayr Abu Salama was a small Palestinian Arab village in the District of Ramla. It was depopulated during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War on July 13, 1948 in the first phase of Operation Dani. It was located 8 km northeast of Ramla.

In 1945 it had a population of 60. A shrine for a local sage known as al-Shaykh Abu Salama is also located in the village.

References

  1. ^ Morris, 2004, p xix village #228. Also gives cause of depopulation.

Bibliography



Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.

Look at other dictionaries:


Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.