David Alan Mellor
David Alan Mellor is a British curator and professor of and writer on art.
David Mellor — as he was called before he wanted to avoid confusion with the politician of the same name — studied art at Sussex University under Quentin Bell. When Asa Briggs, also a professor there at the time, received the archive of Mass-Observation from Tom Hopkinson, he gave Mellor the job of sorting it.
Exhibitions curated by Mellor include Paradise Lost: The New Romantic Imagination in Britain (Barbican, 1987); and The Sixties (1993).
Books by Mellor
Mellor has also contributed to books not listed below.
- Cecil Beaton. London: Jonathan Cape, 1994. ISBN 0224041223. Coedited with Philippe Garner. On Cecil Beaton.
- Arthur Tress: Centric 52: Requiem for a Paperweight. Long Beach: California State University, University Art Museum, 1994. ISBN 0936270330. On Arthur Tress.
- David Hiscock. London: Zelda Cheatle, 1995. ISBN 0951837192. With Chris Titterington. On David Hiscock.
- Sixties London: The Photographs of Robert Whitaker 1965–70. Sydney: Art Gallery of New South Wales, 1996. On Robert Whitaker.
- The Only Blonde in the World: Pauline Boty, 1938-1966. London: AM Publications, 1998. ISBN 0950989622. With Sue Watling. On Pauline Boty.
- Chemical Traces: Photography and Conceptual Art, 1968–1998. Kingston upon Hull: Kingston upon Hull City Museums & Art Galleries, 1998. ISBN 090449019X.
- The Barry Joule Archive: Works on Paper Attributed to Francis Bacon. Dublin: Irish Museum of Modern Art, 2000. ISBN 1873654847.
- The Sixties: Britain and France, 1962–1973: The Utopian Years. London: Philip Wilson, 2001. ISBN 0856674672.
- Tracing Light. Maidstone: PhotoWorks, 2001. ISBN 0951742787. With Garry Fabian Miller.
- The Art of Robyn Denny. London: Black Dog, 2002. ISBN 1901033333. On Robyn Denny.
- Interpreting Lucian Freud. London: Tate, 2002. ISBN 1854374427. On Lucian Freud.
- Van Gogh vu par Bacon. Arles: Actes sud, 2002. ISBN 2742738401. Vincent van Gogh as seen by Francis Bacon, edited by Mellor and Yolande Clergue. (French)
- Liliane Lijn: Works 1959-80. Warwick: Mead Gallery, University of Warwick, 2005. ISBN 0902683756. On Liliane Lijn.
- No Such Thing as Society: Photography in Britain 1967–1987: From the British Council and the Arts Council Collection. London: Hayward Publishing, 2007. ISBN 978-1-85332-265-5.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Mellor — is a surname of English origin. Contents 1 Name History 2 Coat of arms 3 Places 4 Surname 5 … Wikipedia
David Mellor (disambiguation) — David Mellor may refer to: David Mellor (born 1949), British politician, broadcaster and football pundit David Mellor (designer) (1930–2009), British designer David Mellor (footballer) British footballer who currently plays for Oldham Athletic… … Wikipedia
Alan Taylor (footballer born 1953) — Infobox Football biography playername = Alan Taylor fullname = Alan David Taylor dateofbirth = birth date and age|1953|11|14|df=y cityofbirth = Hinckley countryofbirth = England dateofdeath = cityofdeath = countryofdeath = height = position =… … Wikipedia
David Laws — This article is about the British politician. For the rugby league player, see David Laws (rugby league). The Right Honourable David Laws MP … Wikipedia
Daniel Meadows — is an English photographer turned maker of digital stories, and a teacher of photography turned teacher of participatory media. Contents 1 Life and career as photographer 2 Career as teacher and digital storyteller 3 Selected exhibitions … Wikipedia
Graham Smith (photographer) — NoTOC Otherpeople4|a photographer of the north of England in the 1970s and 80s|a photographer of musicians|Graham Smith (music photographer)Graham Smith (b. 1947) is a photographer from Middlesbrough, England, who was particularly active in… … Wikipedia
Blow-Up — Données clés Titre original Blowup Réalisation Michelangelo Antonioni Scénario Michelangelo Antonioni Tonino Guerra Edward Bond d après Julio Cortázar Acteurs principaux David Hemmings … Wikipédia en Français
Chris Steele-Perkins — Christopher Horace Steele Perkins (born 28 July 1947) is a British photographer and member of Magnum Photos, best known for his depiction of Africa, Afghanistan, England, and Japan. Contents 1 Life and career 2 Exhibitions 2.1 Solo … Wikipedia
Garry Fabian Miller — (born Bristol 1957) is an English photographer, known both for his early landscape based work and more recent abstract photography. He lives and works on Dartmoor, England. Biography Miller was born in Bristol in 1957, and lives and works on… … Wikipedia
Christopher Bucklow — Tetrarch Unique dye destruction print. Christopher Bucklow (born 1957) is a British artist. He is best known for his photographs and paintings. His work can be found in many museums across the United States. In 2007 his book on Philip Guston was… … Wikipedia