Dara Ó Conaola
Dara Ó Conaola is an Irish writer who writes in Irish. His first book, Mo Chathair Ghriobháin, established him as an important contemporary writer in the language. Night Ructions, (translated by Gabriel Rosenstock) was launched at the 1990 Sunday Times Festival of Literature, Hay-on-Wye, Wales.
In 2001 his novella Misiún ar Muir/Sea Mission was reissued. It had been staged at An Taibhdhearc as part of the Galway Arts Festival in 1992 and at Expo ‘92 in Spain. His work has been translated into German, French, Croatian and Romanian, while the short story, Amuigh Liom Féin, is on the Irish Leaving Certificate curriculum.
He participated in the Cúirt International Festival of Literature in 2002. Two songs by him are included on Lasairfhíona's debut album.
- Misiún ar Muir/Sea Mission, An Ceardshiopa Inis Oírr Teo, 1992. Second edition, 2000.
- Night Ructions, Forrest Books, London & Cló Iar-Chonnachta, Co. na Gaillimhe, 1990. Second edition, 1999.
- Saol agus Saothar Albert Power, Ceardshiopa Inis Oírr Teo, 1996
- An Teachín Ceann Tuí/Thatched Homes of the Aran Islands, Ceardshiopa Inis Oírr Teo, 1988
- Amuigh Liom Féin, Ceardshiopa Inis Oírr Teo, 1988
- Cor in Aghaidh an Chaim, Ceardshiopa Inis Oírr Teo, 1983
- Mo Chathair Ghríobháin, An Gúm, 1981
- An Gaiscíoch Beag, An Gúm, 1979
- Cuairt ar Oileáin Árann/Guide to the Aran Islands, published annually since 1978 by Ceardshiopa Inis Oírr Teo.
- Window On Aran, by Sean Spellissy, 2003, ISBN 0 9545218
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Modern literature in Irish — Although Irish has been used as a literary language for more than 1500 years (see Irish literature), and in a form intelligible to contemporary speakers since at least the sixteenth century, modern literature in Irish owes much to the Gaelic… … Wikipedia
Littérature contemporaine en irlandais — Bien que l on utilise l irlandais comme langue littéraire depuis plus d un millier d années, et qu il soit intelligible aux lecteurs d aujourd hui depuis le XVIe siècle, on dit que la littérature contemporaine en irlandais commence avec le… … Wikipédia en Français
Coastal landforms of Ireland — Ireland is an island surrounded by water, with a 7,500 kilometre coastline. This list catalogues about 400 of the coastal landforms of the island including bays, estuaries, harbours, headlands, and many others. Most offshore… … Wikipedia