David Herbert Somerset Cranage
Born on 10 October 1866 he was educated at King's College, Cambridge. Ordained in 1897, he held curacies at Little Wenlock and Much Wenlock and was Secretary of the Cambridge University Local Lectures until his appointment as Dean of Norwich, a post he held for 19 years. He died on 22 October 1957.
- ^ London Gazette
- ^ National Archives
- ^ Who was Who 1987-1990: London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 071363457X
- ^ Cranage, David Herbert Somerset in Venn, J. & J. A., Alumni Cantabrigienses, Cambridge University Press, 10 vols, 1922–1958.
- ^ Ordinations. Canterbury. The Times Wednesday, Dec 22, 1897; pg. 3; Issue 35393; col C
- ^ ”The Clergy List” London, Kelly’s, 1913
- ^ New Dean Of Norwich. Dr. D. H. S. Cranage. The Times Thursday, Dec 01, 1927; pg. 16; Issue 44753; col C
- ^ ”Norwich Cathedral : church, city and diocese, 1096-1996” Atherton, I: London Hambledon Press, 1996 ISBN 1852851341
- ^ Norfolk Record Office online catalogue
Church of England titles Preceded by
John Wakefield Willink
Dean of Norwich
Herbert St Barbe Holland
Deans of Norwich in the modern era Office holders in the Diocese of Norwich This article about a member of the Christian clergy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.