Daniel Losquadro Member of the New York State Assembly
from the 1st district
Incumbent Assumed office
January 1, 2011
Preceded by Marc Alessi Personal details Born September 3, 1972 
Locust Valley, New York
Political party Republican Spouse(s) Lynn Children one: Joseph Residence Shoreham, New York Alma mater State University of New York at Stony Brook Website Official website
Losquadro is a lifelong Suffolk County, New York resident who was raised in Wading River and attended Shoreham-Wading River schools. Later, Dan married and bought a home in Shoreham where he now resides with his wife Lynn and son Joseph.
He graduated from the State University of New York at Stony Brook, earning a B.A. degree in history. For nearly a decade before taking office, worked as a senior property claims estimator for State Farm Insurance.
A Republican, Losquadro won election to Suffolk County’s 6th Legislative District in November 2003 and has served full-time till January 2011. He has served as chairman of the Environment, Planning and Agriculture Committee as well as the Veterans & Seniors Committee. In 2006, Losquadro was elected by his peers as the legislature’s Minority Leader.
In November 2010, he defeated incumbent Marc Alessi in an election to represent the 1st Assembly District of the New York State Assembly.
- ^ a b c "Legislative Preview: Meet The New Members". The Capitol. Manhattan Media. January 6, 2011. http://nycapitolnews.com/features/2011-01-06/2052.html. Retrieved March 17, 2011.
- ^ a b "Voters Guide: Daniel P. Losquadro". Newsday. November 2, 2010. http://politics.newsday.com/politician.php?id=74. Retrieved March 2, 2011. "Losquadro, 38, of Shoreham"
- ^ "Assembly Member Daniel P. 'Dan' Losquadro (NY)". Project Vote Smart. http://www.votesmart.org/bio.php?can_id=91460. Retrieved March 2, 2011.
- ^ "Dan Losquadro: Biography". New York State Assembly. http://assembly.state.ny.us/mem/?ad=001&sh=bio. Retrieved March 2, 2011.
- ^ "General Election Results, State Assembly: November 2, 2010" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. December 13, 2010. http://www.elections.state.ny.us/NYSBOE/elections/2010/general/2010Assembly.pdf. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
New York Assembly Preceded by
New York State Assembly, 1st District
January 1, 2011 – present
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Daniel Burling — Daniel J. Burling Member of the New York State Assembly from the 147th district Incumbent Assumed office January 1999 Preceded by Thomas M. Reynolds Personal … Wikipedia
Daniel J. O'Donnell — For other people named Daniel O Donnell, see Daniel O Donnell (disambiguation). Daniel J. O Donnell O Donnell in 2006. Member of the New York State Assembly from the 69th district … Wikipedia
Marc Alessi — Not to be confused with Mark Alessi. Marc S. Alessi Member of the New York State Assembly from the 1st district In office September 2005 – December 2010 Preceded by Patricia L. Acampora Succeeded by … Wikipedia
New York State Assembly — New York State Legislature Type Type … Wikipedia
Matthew Titone — Member of the New York State Assembly from the 61st district Incumbent Assumed office March 2007 … Wikipedia
Deborah Glick — Member of the New York State Assembly from the 66th district Incumbent Assumed office January 1991 … Wikipedia
Micah Kellner — PFLAG Awards Luncheon, February 2010 Member of the New York State Assembly from the 65th district Incumbent … Wikipedia
New York State Legislature — Type Type Bicameral Houses … Wikipedia
David Weprin — David I. Weprin Member of the New York State Assembly from the 24th district Incumbent Assumed office February 9, 2010 … Wikipedia
Dov Hikind — Member of the New York State Assembly from the 48th district Incumbent Assumed office 1982 Preceded by Samuel Hirsch … Wikipedia