Dan-e-o Background information Birth name Daniel Faraldo Also known as Dan-e-o Born June 10, 1977 Origin Toronto, Ontario, Canada Genres Hip hop Occupations Lyricist, Actor Years active 1991–present Labels Planet Rock Records Associated acts Monolith, Perfeck Strangers Website dan-e-o.com
Daniel Faraldo (born June 10, 1977), professionally known as Dan-e-o, is a Canadian hip hop artist of Jamaican and Spanish descent, from Toronto, Ontario. He is currently a member of the group Monolith, based in Scarborough, Ontario.
While participating and winning in many different rap-off and freestyle contests, his biggest accomplishment at these competitions came when he won the Darknights Freestyle Battle in July 2003 in Markham, Ontario.
“Dear Hip Hop”, one of Dan-e-o’s most well known songs, was released on Beat Factory’s Rap Essentials Volume One album in 1996. This CD included artists from all over Canada that have at one point toured Canada with Dan-e-o including Wio-K, Rascalz, Kardinal Offishall and Choclair.
In 1998, on One Rock Records, a label he helped to found the year before, Dan-e-o released an EP entitled The Long Awaited with his group Monolith.
In 2000, Dan-e-o put emphasis on his unique style of lyricism by releasing his debut album, The Book of Daniel on the same label. “Corrida De Toros”, “Margerine”, “Revenge” and “Baahd!” were among the more popular songs featured on the album.
In 2004, he released the See No Evil, Hear No Evil album on the newly named Planet Rock Records imprint. Dan-e-o’s second album, it included the singles and videos "T.N.T.", "Funkbox", "Deadly" and "Kama Sutra" featuring Dan-e-o’s cousin, reggae artist, Red Rat.
This album featured a hybrid style which composed of funk, soul, reggae and rock along with Dan-e-o’s freestyle lyricism, helping to make Dan-e-o’s reputation as an MC even stronger.
On Planet Rock Records, Dan-e-o has also released albums entitled Dear Hip Hop in 2004, containing recordings from the 90s and Speak No Evil in 2005, a remix edition of his sophomore effort.
On January 9, 2009, Dan-e-o, as part of Tha O Show, released OBLIVION! Tha Indy Wrestling Album, an album containing theme songs of several Ontario Indy Professional Wrestlers that features performances from himself, T.J. Habibi, Chemist, Tika Simone and Summer Brockwell.
In early November 2009, Dan-e-o released a 2 in 1 album/mixtape entitled Dilla Pickles in honor of the late hip-hop producer, J Dilla. The project contains such tracks as "Break It Down", "Last Minute" and "Locked" and includes performances by himself, Famous, Ian Kamau, marveL, Promise, Kish and others.
Tha O Show
In mid-February 2006, Dan-e-o joined with friend under the character name of Big Daddy Donnie to launch Tha O Show, a website based in Toronto. In the beginning, it consisted of articles and weekly reviews of professional wrestling and mixed martial arts shows, but later on would turn into what the pair had envisioned all along. A weekly online radio program that broadcasts on Tha O Show's website and on dozens of affiliate sites. The show has carved out a niche as a unique radio property, catering to the audience that love wrestling and MMA but want to hear about other things as well. The show often features an in-studio guest co-host who is a professional wrestler, as well as guests on the phone. Tha O Show avoids typical "interview" format and instead strives for a more conversational approach - best noted by their round table segment.
Dan-e-o has released and/or appeared on the following albums and mixtapes:
- Rap Essentials Volume One (1996)
- World Of Rap Volume 2 (1997)
- La Constellation - Dualité (1998)
- Monolith - The Long Awaited...EP (1998)
- Prime Time The Original Soundtrack (1999)
- Fit For Survival Volume 1 (2000)
- Rap Essentials 2000 (2000)
- Mastermind - Volume 49: The Set Up (2000)
- Mastermind - Volume 50: Street Legal (2000)
- The Book Of Daniel (2000)
- RapEssentials 2001 (2001)
- Urbnet.com/hiphopmix V1 (2001)
- Classified - Union Dues (2001)
- Abdominal & DJ Fase - Flowtation Device (2001)
- Underground Hip Hop Volume 1 (2002)
- Divo - The Evolution Theory (2002)
- Irs - Welcome To Planet Irs (2003)
- Jack Hammer Vol.1 - Blazin' 04 (2004)
- Jack Hammer Vol 2. - Wickedness Baahdness (2004)
- Arythmetic - The Mixtape (2004)
- Grimace Love - Fire In The Streets Vol.1 (2004)
- Nish Raawks - Buck Canuck (2004)
- Dear Hip Hop (2004)
- See No Evil, Hear No Evil (2004)
- Underground Hip Hop Vol.3 (2005)
- Grimace Love - Fire In The Streets Vol.2 (2005)
- Yor123 & Skandaali - Round The World (2005)
- Speak No Evil (2005)
- Rishaard - Confessions Of A Prick!? (2006)
- Monolith - Welcome To Scarborough (2006)
- Dub J - Love 2 Hate Vol.1 (2006)
- DJ Law - Northern Exposure Vol.1 (2007)
- Grimace Love - The Zig Zag Man (2007)
- The Art Of Lyricism: Dan-e-o's Finest (2007)
- Wio-K - In Real Life (2007)
- The Bakery Mixtape (2008)
- Monolith - The Long Awaited (10 Year Anniversary) (2008)
- 10 The Music Videos DVD (2008)
- Grimace Love - Perception (2009)
- OBLIVION! Tha Indy Wrestling Album (2009)
- 2010 Canadian Rap Future Superstars (2009)
- Hip Hop Lives Vol.2 - The Addiction (2009)
- Ian Kamau - September Nine Mixtape Vol.2 (2009)
- Dilla Pickles (2009)
- Tru North Risin' Vol.1 (2010)
- The Book of Daniel (10 Year Anniversary Mixtape) (2010)
- Ron Contour - Rontario (2010)
- Sikadime - Carpe Noctem (2010)
- The Borough Most Thorough (2010)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
dan — dan … Woordenlijst Sranan
Dan Vs. — Dan Vs. Genre Black Comedy Format Animated series Created by Dan Mandel Chris Pearson Written by Dan Mandel Chris Pearson Kirill Baru Tom Saunders Eric Zimmerman … Wikipedia
DAN — DA Nom d’une des douze tribus israélites, qui occupa d’abord la région située à l’ouest de Jérusalem, autour de Beth Shemesh (Jug., XIII à XVI), puis s’installa au nord de la Palestine, près des sources du Jourdain, autour de l’ancienne ville… … Encyclopédie Universelle
DAN — (Heb. דָּן), the fifth son of Jacob and the firstborn of bilhah , Rachel s maid (Gen. 30:1–6). The Name The narrative attributes the origin of the name Dan to Rachel, who said: God has vindicated me (dananni); indeed, He has heeded my plea and… … Encyclopedia of Judaism
Dan — is a name. It refers sometimes to the short form of the name Daniel. Dan, or the acronym DAN may refer to the following: Persons Fyodor Dan, a Russian Marxist revolutionary DJ Dan, an electronic music artist who uses the singular name Dan as his… … Wikipedia
Dan — steht für: Buch Daniel, ein Buch der Bibel Daniel (Vorname), Abkürzung für den Namen Dan (Sprache), Westafrika Dan (Volk), Westafrika Dan (Kampfsport), die höheren Grade („Schwarzer Gürtel“) in vielen asiatischen Kampfkünsten analog der… … Deutsch Wikipedia
DAN — (Heb. דָּן). (1) Biblical city in the Ḥuleh Valley near the sources of the Jordan. It was originally called Laish and was dominated by the Phoenicians of Sidon (Judg. 18:7, 27ff.). Laish is mentioned in the Egyptian Execration Texts of the early… … Encyclopedia of Judaism
DAN — steht für: Dan (Sprache), Westafrika Dan (Volk), Westafrika Dan (Kampfsport), die höheren Grade („Schwarzer Gürtel“) im Judo und Go Danium, ein Zeitintervall in der Erdgeschichte Dan – Mitten im Leben!, eine US amerikanische Filmkomödie aus dem… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Dan — • The fifth son of Jacob, being the elder of the two sons born to him by Bala, the handmaid of Rachel, and the eponymous ancestor of the tribe bearing the same name Catholic Encyclopedia. Kevin Knight. 2006. Dan Dan … Catholic encyclopedia
Dan — 〈n.; s; unz.; Geol.〉 oberste Stufe der oberen Kreide [nach Dänemark] * * * Dan, der; , [jap. dan = Stufe, Grad]: Leistungsgrad in allen Sportarten des Budos. * * * I Dan, kleiner israelitischer Stamm, be … Universal-Lexikon