D502 road (Croatia)
Route information Length: 16.4 km (10.2 mi) Major junctions From: D27 in Karin D56 in Smilčić
D424 near Zemunik Gornji
To: Zemunik Donji Location Counties: Zadar Highway system
State roads in Croatia
D502 is a state road connecting D27 state road and the D424 expressway Tromilja interchange to a number of settlements in Zadar hinterland and A1 motorway Zadar 2 interchange (via D424). The road is 16.4 km (10.2 mi) long.
Originally the road extended to Zadar itself, however in April 2010, the road was shortened in order to cancel the existing intersection with the Zadar Airport runway. The intersection used to be guarded by traffic signs and barriers similar to the ones found near at-grade railroad crossings.
The road, as well as all other state roads in Croatia, is managed and maintained by Hrvatske ceste, state owned company.
Traffic is regularly counted and reported by Hrvatske ceste, operator of the road. Substantial variations between annual (AADT) and summer (ASDT) traffic volumes are attributed to the fact that the road carries substantial tourist traffic in Zadar area.
D502 traffic volume Road Counting site AADT ASDT Notes D502 4924 Smilčić east 2,205 3,191 Between Ž6019 and Ž6023 junctions.
Road junctions and populated areas
D502 junctions/populated areas Type Slip roads/Notes Karin
D27 to Gračac and Benkovac. The northern terminus of the road.
Ž6019 to Pridraga, Novigrad and Posedarje Smilčić
D56 to Benkovac.
Ž6023 to Gornje Biljane.
Zemunik Gornji D424 expressway in Tromilja interchange - providing access to Zadar and A1 motorway Zadar 2 interchange. Zemunik Donji
The southern terminus of the road.
- ^ a b "Regulation on motorway markings, chainage, interchange/exit/rest area numbers and names" (in Croatian). Narodne novine. May 6, 2003. http://narodne-novine.nn.hr/clanci/sluzbeni/305463.html.
- ^ "Decision on categorization of public roads as state roads, county roads and local roads" (in Croatian). Narodne novine. February 17, 2010. http://narodne-novine.nn.hr/clanci/sluzbeni/2010_02_17_410.html.
- ^ "Intersection of a road and a runway set to become a part of history" (in Croatian). Večernji list. April 2, 2010. http://www.vecernji.hr/regije/raskrizje-avionske-piste-ceste-srijedu-ipak-postaje-povijest-clanak-119886.
- ^ "Public Roads Act" (in Croatian). Narodne novine. December 14, 2004. http://narodne-novine.nn.hr/clanci/sluzbeni/2004_12_180_3130.html.
- ^ "Traffic counting on the roadways of Croatia in 2009 - digest" (in English). Hrvatske ceste. May 1, 2010. http://www.hrvatske-ceste.hr/WEB%20-%20Legislativa/brojenje-prometa/CroDig2009.pdf.
- State roads in Croatia
- Hrvatske ceste
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
D56 road (Croatia) — D56 state road Route information Length: 122.5 km (76.1 mi) Major junctions … Wikipedia
D27 road (Croatia) — D27 state road Route information Length: 96.9 km (60.2 mi) Major junctions … Wikipedia
D424 road (Croatia) — D424 state road Brza cesta Zadar 2 Gaženica Route information Length: 17.6 km (10.9 mi) … Wikipedia
Highways in Croatia — Map of the Croatian motorway network A6 int … Wikipedia
B502 (Croatia) — Infobox European road marker name=Brza cesta Zadar 2 ndash;Gaženica eroad= length km=17.6 plalength=convert|17.6|km|0|lk=on|abbr=on starting terminus=Gaženica, Zadar ending terminus=Zadar 2 interchange with A1 near Zemunik countries=Croatia… … Wikipedia