Creature with the Atom Brain
Creature with the Atom Brian Origin Antwerp, Belgium Genres Alternative rock, Indie rock, psychedelic rock, experimental rock Years active 2004-present Labels Jezus Factory records
Associated acts Millionaire
Queens of the Stone Age
Website http://www.creaturewiththeatombrain.be/ Members Aldo Struyf
Michiel Van Cleuvenbergen
Creature with the Atom Brain is a Belgian alternative rock band consisting of Millionaire keyboardist Aldo Struyf (Guitar/Keys/Vocals), Michael Lawrence(Drums), Jan Wygers (Bass) and Michiel Van Cleuvenbergen (Guitar). The band have been said to make "fuzzy stripped-back rock’n'roll noise with a generous helping of weird." The band's name is taken from the Roky Erickson & The Aliens song (Which in turn was taken from the 1955 film of the same name), with Struyf citing Erickson's former band The 13th Floor Elevators and the man himself as influencing Creature with the Atom Brain's sound.
After two 12" EPs on Conspiracy records, the band released their first full length album on March 24, 2008, entitled I am the Golden Gate Bridge. The album notably featured guest vocals from fellow Millionaire band-member Tim Vanhamel and Mark Lanegan, Struyf having provided keyboards and toured for the latter's Bubblegum album. Creature with the Atom Brain have since toured in support of the album, including playing cancelled shows for Masters of Reality and supporting Jesus and Mary Chain on selected shows.
- The Snake (2005)
- Kill the Snake (2006)
- I Am The Golden Gate Bridge (2008)
- Transylvania (2009)
- ^ "Album review: Creature With The Atom Brain - I Am The Golden Gate Bridge". Rock-metal-music-reviews.com. 2008-03-06. http://www.rock-metal-music-reviews.com/album-review-creature-with-the-atom-brain-i-am-the-golden-gate-bridge/. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- ^ "Creature With The Atom Brain". Jezusfactory.com. http://www.heavenhotel.be/jezusfactory/start.php?var=bands&BID=12. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- ^ a b "Interview: Aldo Struyf of Creature With The Atom Brain". Rock-metal-music-reviews.com. http://www.rock-metal-music-reviews.com/interview-aldo-struyf-of-creature-with-the-atom-brain/. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- ^ "Creature With The Atom Brain supporting Jesus and Mary Chain London Roundhouse 12th March". Drownedinsound.com. Archived from the original on 2008-06-17. http://web.archive.org/web/20080617172005/http://www.drownedinsound.com/articles/3013732. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- Official website
- Creature with the Atom Brain at Last.fm
- Creature with the Atom Brain on MySpace
- Creature with the Atom Brain at Discogs
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Creature with the Atom Brain (1955 film) — Creature with the Atom Brain was a 1955 B movie zombie film from Clover Productions, directed by Edward L. Cahn from a screenplay by Curt Siodmak and distributed by Columbia Pictures as the bottom half of a double bill with It Came from Beneath… … Wikipedia
Creature with the Atom Brain (band) — Infobox musical artist Name = Creature with the Atom Brian Img capt = Background = group or band Origin = Antwerp, Belgium Genre = Alternative rock Indie rock Years active = 2005 present Label = Jezus Factory records Conspiracy records Associated … Wikipedia
The Curse of the Faceless Man — Infobox Film | name = Curse of the Faceless Man caption = director = Edward L. Cahn producer = Robert E. Kent writer = Jerome Bixby starring = Richard Anderson/Adele Mara music = Gerald Fried cinematography = Kenneth Peach editing = Grant Whytock … Wikipedia
The Explosives — Roky Erickson Pour les articles homonymes, voir Erickson. Roky Erickson … Wikipédia en Français
Atom (Ray Palmer) — Superherobox| caption=Cover of Atom Special #1 (1993). Art by Steve Dillon character name=Atom alter ego=Raymond Ray Palmer publisher=DC Comics debut= Showcase # 34 (September October 1961) creators=Gardner Fox Gil Kane alliances=Justice League… … Wikipedia
The Jetsons — title card. Genre Animated science fiction Sitcom Format Animated comedy series … Wikipedia
The Red Moon Mystery — was a Dan Dare story which ran in the original Eagle comic from Volume 2, Issue 26 (Dated 5 October, 1951); to Volume 3, Issue 11 (Dated 20 June, 1952). It was drawn by Frank Hampson.ynopsisDan and Digby are on a skiing holiday in North Mars, and … Wikipedia
The Flintstones — This article is about the television show. For the film adaptation, see The Flintstones (film). For the remake, see Seth MacFarlane#The Flintstones. The Flintstones Title screen from Seasons 1–2 in color. Genre … Wikipedia
The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show — Boris Natasha redirects here. For the movie by that name, see Boris and Natasha: The Movie. This article is about the television series. For the video game, see The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends (video game). For the 2000 movie,… … Wikipedia
The Trial (song) — Song infobox Name = The Trial Artist = Pink Floyd Album = The Wall Released = 30 November 1979 (US), 8 December 1979 (UK) track no = 12 of disc 2 Recorded = April November, 1979 Genre = Art rock/Progressive rock/Symphonic rock/Hard rock Length =… … Wikipedia