Consensu, a Latin term meaning "with consent," appears in several legal Latin constructions:
- Alienatio licet prohibeatur, consensu tamen omnium in quorum favorem prohibita est, potest fieri.
- "While alienation may be restrained, yet it may be made with the consent of all those in whose favor it was restrained. The maxim is one of the common law, and the principle of it is no less applicable in equity."
- See Seip's Estate, 1 Pa Dist 26.
- consensu regio
- By royal command. See 3 Blackstone Commentaries 95.
- Divide et impera, cum radix et vertex imperii in obedientium consensu rata sunt.
- Divide and rule, for the root and pinnacle of empire are rated in the consent of the obedient.
- Finis est amicabilis compositio et finalis concordia ex consensu et concordia domini regis vel justiciarum
- A fine is a friendly settlement and final concord by the consent of our lord the king or the justices.
- furor contrahi matrimonium non sinit, quia consensu opus est.
- Insanity prevents a marriage from being contracted, because consent is essential.
- Re, verbis, scripto, consensu, traditione, junctura vestes sumere pacta solent.
- Compacts are accustomed to take their clothing from the subject matter, the words, the writing, the delivery and the consent or joining together.
- Scriptae obligationes scriptis tolluntur, et nudi consensus obligatio contrario consensu dissolvitur.
- Written obligations are released or discharged by writings, and an obligation of mere consent is dissolved or discharged by a consent to the contrary.
- Sine scripto jus venit, quod usus approbavit, nam diuturni mores consensu utentium comprobati legem imitantur.
- Law comes without any writing, that which usage has established, for long established customs sanctioned by the consent of those adopting them represent law.
- AUTHORITY: See 1 Bl Comm 74.
- tacito et illiterato hominum consensu et moribus expressum.
- Expressed by the silent and unwritten consent and customs of men. AUTHORITY: 1 Blackstone Commentaries 64.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Roman Law — Roman Law † Catholic Encyclopedia ► Roman Law In the following article this subject is briefly treated under the two heads of; I. Principles; II. History. Of these two divisions, I is subdivided into: A. Persons; B. Things; C. Actions … Catholic encyclopedia
List of law topics (A-E) — NOTOC Law [From Old English lagu something laid down or fixed ; legal comes from Latin legalis , from lex law , statute ( [http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=law searchmode=none Law] , Online Etymology Dictionary; [http://www.m… … Wikipedia
South African contract law — is essentially a modernised version of the Roman Dutch law of contract,  which is itself rooted in Roman law. In the broadest definition, a contract is an agreement entered into by two or more parties with the serious intention of creating a… … Wikipedia
Common Law — Common Law † Catholic Encyclopedia ► Common Law (Lat. communis, general, of general application; lex, law) The term is of English origin and is used to describe the juridical principles and general rules regulating the possession … Catholic encyclopedia
furor contrahi matrimonium non sinit, quia consensu opus est — /fyiirar kantreyhay m tram6wn(i)yam non sinat, kwaya kansenshuw owpas est/ Insanity prevents marriage from being contracted, because consent is needed. 1 Bl.Comm. 439 … Black's law dictionary
nihil tarn naturale est, quam eo genere quidque dissolvere, quo colligatum est; ideo verborum obligatio verbis tollitur; nudi consensus obligatio contrario consensu dissolvitur — /nay(h)al tasm naetyureyliy est, kwasm iyow jenariy kwidkwiy dazolvariy, kwow kolageytam est; idiyow varboram 6blageysh(iy)ow varbas tolatar; n(y)iiwday kansensas 6blageysh(iy)ow kantreriyow kansens(y)uw dazolvatar/ Nothing is so natural as to… … Black's law dictionary
re, verbis, scripto, consensu, traditione, junctura vestes sumere pacta solent — /riy, varbas, skriptow, kansens(y)uw, tradishiyowniy, jarjkt(y)ura vestiyz s(y)uwmariy paekta sowbnt/ Compacts usually take their clothing from the thing itself, from words, from writing, from consent, from delivery … Black's law dictionary
scripts obligationes scriptis tolluntur, et nudi consensus obligatio contrario consensu dissolvitur — /skriptiy oblageyshiyowniyz skriptas tolanta/, et n(y)uwday kansensas 6blageysh(iy)ow kantreriyow kansens(y)uw dazolvatar/ Written obligations are superseded by writings, and an obligation of naked assent is dissolved by assent to the contrary … Black's law dictionary
Alienatio licet prohibeatur, consensu tamen omnium in quorum favorem prohibita est, potest fieri — While alienation may be restrained, yet it may be made with the consent of all those in whose favor it was restrained. The maxim is one of the common law, and the principle of it is no less applicable in equity. See Seip s Estate, 1 Pa Dist 26 … Ballentine's law dictionary
obligation — ob·li·ga·tion /ˌä blə gā shən/ n 1: a promise, acknowledgment, or agreement (as a contract) that binds one to a specific performance (as payment); also: the binding power of such an agreement or indication held that the amendment did not… … Law dictionary