Column Technologies Type Private Industry Software and Consulting Founded 1998 Headquarters Downers Grove, Illinois, United States Area served Worldwide Key people Tim Yario (Founder, President), Rob Yario (Founder, Vice President), David Savino (CTO) Employees 300 Website Columnit.com
Column Technologies, Inc. is a privately-held global corporation specializing in Business Service Management (BSM) and Business Process Management (BPM) software with 2010 revenues of over $70 million. The growth has been increasing steadily at 15% since 1998.
Column Technologies is a major BSM partner to BMC Software, which is one of the largest software companies in the world. Column develops, resells, markets, and sells software used for various functions, including IT service management, data center automation, performance management, virtualization lifecycle management, case management, customer relationship management, BMC Remedy add-on utility tools, and cloud computing management. With over 300 employees worldwide, Column Technologies is the largest commercial BMC Software reseller in North America and employs the largest BMC Software consulting staff.
Column Technologies started as a value-added reseller to Remedy Corporation in 1998. Remedy Corporation was a software company that developed the Action Request System (ARS), as well as various other applications built on the platform. In 2002, Remedy was acquired by BMC Software and Column Technologies expanded its solution portfolio in BMC's software enterprise service management segment.
As a BMC Software reseller, Column Technologies also offers consulting, implementation, integration, and educational services related to the software products sold. In 2004, as a response to customers' requests, Column began developing products to compliment BMC Remedy applications including Column License Manager, Column Password Manager, and Column Audit Manager. In 2007, Column was selected as one of the CRN's 50 fastest growing companies in their VARBusiness(Value Added Reseller) 500, and as one of Inc. 5000's fastest growing privately-held companies. In 2008, Column was #21 of Crain's Fast Fifty, a list of the fastest growing companies in the Chicago land area, and they launched their first version of the Case Management Investigative enterprise application, which was sold to the State of Illinois' Office of the Inspector General and one year later to the City of Chicago's Office of the Inspector General. In 2009, Column formally organized its product development team and has since launched a series of enterprise applications utilizing the BMC ARS workflow, as well as utility tools such as Column Search to enhance the BMC Remedy suite. In 2010, Column was selected by BMC Software has their 2010 Fiscal year Top Enterprise System Management Solutions Provider:Commercial. To date, Column has deployed its Case Management globally across various vertical markets including the federal sector.
Column Technologies is an international company operating in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, India, Singapore, and South Africa. The company's international headquarters is located in Downers Grove, Illinois.
- Column Technologies established a presence in New York on March 23, 2000 and registered in the state of New York in July 31, 2001.
- In 2004, Column completed its initial filing in the state of Texas.
- Column's Dallas regional office was opened in June 2006.
- That same year on September 8, 2006, Column opened its India operations primarily as an exporter of IT support services.
- Within a period of 6 months, the business model evolved and Column began servicing India-based companies with IT Service Management solutions.
- In 2007, Column opened its UK operations.
- On November 1, 2008, Column acquired Touring SMI.
- Less than a year later Column established itself as a Canadian presence on September 11, 2009.
- In January 2011, Column expanded its Canadian presence into Montreal.
1. ITSM Utility Tools
- Column Sentinel
- Column Mobility
- Column Tribune
- Column Search
- Column Airwaves
- Column License Manager
- Column Audit Manager
- Column BI for IT
2. Column Enterprise Products
- Column Case Management
- Column Customer Service Management
Column also offers managed services and Software-as-a-Service solutions. SaaS and managed services offerings can be applied to almost any software Column offers. The company then must pay a monthly fee, however, they do not need to put effort into the upkeep of the software, or expend personnel to keep the solution running smoothly.
Column primarily works with BMC Software's Remedy product, but there are several other companies that have made noteworthy contributions:
- ^ "Column Technologies, Inc.: Private Company Information - BusinessWeek Research". BusinessWeek.com. http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=30915163. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
- ^ CRN staff (June 11, 2007). "The 50 Fastest-Growing VARBusiness 500 Companies". CRN.com. http://www.crn.com/news/channel-programs/199701458/the-50-fastest-growing-varbusiness-500-companies.htm. Retrieved 2011-09-28. (Detail).
- ^ "Focus | Crain's Chicago Business". ChicagoBusiness.com. June 2, 2008. http://www.chicagobusiness.com/section/issue02?date=20080531. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
- ^ "BMC Software Recognizes Partners for Outstanding Performance - BMC Software" (Press release). BMC.com. April 4, 2011. http://www.bmc.com/news/BMC-Software-Recognizes-Partners-for-Outstanding-Performance-.html. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
- ^ "About Us". Columnit.com. http://www.columnit.com/about-us.html. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
- ^ "Column Technologies Announces Canadian Expansion | Cloud Computing Journal" (Press release). Cloudcomputing.sys-con.com. February 18, 2010. http://cloudcomputing.sys-con.com/node/1289654. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
- ^ "Column Technologies Announces Launch of IT Service Management Search Tool for BMC... - Downers Grove, Ill., June 23 /PRNewswire/" (Press release). Illinois: PRNewswire.com. June 23, 2011. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/column-technologies-announces-launch-of-it-service-management-search-tool-for-bmc-remedy-96959554.html. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Column chromatography — A chemist in the 1950s using column chromatography. The Erlenmeyer receptacles are on the floor. Column chromatography in chemistry is a method used to purify individual chemical compounds from mixtures of compounds. It is often used for… … Wikipedia
Monolithic HPLC column — A monolithic HPLC column is a special type of column used in HPLC with porous channels rather than beads. High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) is the third most widely used laboratory instrument, surpassed only by analytical balances and … Wikipedia
Information and Communication Technologies for Development — (ICT4D) is a general term referring to the application of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) within the field of socio economic development. ICTs can be applied either in the direct sense, where their use directly benefits the… … Wikipedia
Novacam Technologies — Inc. Type Private Industry OCT, NDT metrology, photonics Founded 1997 Headquarters Pointe Claire, Quebec, Canada Products … Wikipedia
TheBrain Technologies — is a software company located in Marina del Rey, California [ [http://www.newsobserver.com/business/story/663543.html newsobserver.com | Navigating your brain made easier ] ] . Founded in 1998, they specialize in mind mapping software. Their… … Wikipedia
Transhumanism — This article is about the futurist ideology and movement. For the critique of humanism, see posthumanism … Wikipedia
building construction — Techniques and industry involved in the assembly and erection of structures. Early humans built primarily for shelter, using simple methods. Building materials came from the land, and fabrication was dictated by the limits of the materials and… … Universalium
2008 South Ossetia war — Part of Georgian–Ossetian conflict and Georgian–Abkhazian conflict Locat … Wikipedia
Distributed element filter — Figure 1. A circuit featuring many of the f … Wikipedia
Gas chromatography — A gas chromatograph with a headspace sampler Acronym GLC, GC Classification chromatography Analytes organic inorganic … Wikipedia