Cold Prey 2
Cold Prey 2: Resurrection
Fritt Vilt II
Poster of "Fritt Vilt II"
Directed by Mats Stenberg Produced by Martin Sundland
Written by Thomas Moldestad
Starring Ingrid Bolsø Berdal
Marthe Snorresdotter Rovik
Music by Magnus Beite Cinematography Anders Flatland Editing by Jon Endre Mørk Distributed by Nordisk Film Release date(s) October 10, 2008 Running time 86 min. Country Norway Language Norwegian
Cold Prey 2: Resurrection (Norwegian: Fritt Vilt II) is a 2008 Norwegian horror film, directed by Mats Stenberg. It is the sequel to the highly successful Cold Prey (Fritt Vilt), and premiered in Norway on 10 October 2008. It was directed by Roar Uthaug and starred Ingrid Bolsø Berdal in the leading role. The film picks up where the first left off. The female protagonist is picked up in the wilderness and brought to a hospital, but soon her nightmare starts all over again. Reviewers, though not overwhelmed, declared it a surprisingly good sequel to the original. Its opening weekend was the best for any Norwegian movie in history.
Jannicke (Berdal), the only survivor from the massacre depicted in the previous movie, is picked up in Jotunheimen and brought to a hospital in Otta. At the hospital she receives good care, but seems distant from her caretakers.
While she stays in the hospital she meets a boy named Daniel and the two have a pleasant conversation. Meanwhile in the rest of the hospital police officers Elnar and Kim discuss Jannickes situation and investigate her last known location at the hotel where they discover several bodies nearby including the mountain mans and has it sent back to the hospital.
At the hospital officer Sverre flirts with the local nurse Audhiled while nurse Camilla tries to uncover Jannickes story. It is also revealed that Jannicke has been suffering nightmares from her previous encounter with the mountain man and even goes as far as attacking the mountain mans body in the mourge much to the surprise of her caretakers.
They decide to drug her to keep her calm after her emotional outburst much to the protest of nurse Camilla. During this time the police investigation continues as they begin to discover more bodies.
However at the hospital the mountain man shows sign of life and is frantically resuscitated much to the horror of Jannicke who violently attempts to stop them but is tranqulized in the process. The doctors manage to successfully bring the mountain man back to life and leave him under watch by Sverre. Eventually the mountain man wakes up murders a distracted Sverre and breaks free.
He then proceeds to go in a killing spree across the hospital while a recently awoken Jannicke escapes the hospital in the aftermath with Daniel and Cammila while locking the mountain man in the basement.
They proceed to rendezvous with officers Kim, Ole, Elnar and Johan outside. After being told to stay outside by Elnar who has been investigating the mountain mans back ground Jannicke watches nervously as he enters the hospital with Ole and Kim accompanying while Daniel is taken away by his mother.
Inside the officers fail to find the mountain man and decide to pull back from the hospital but are side tracked by Johans radio message revealing the location of Sverres body.
After finding said body the officers are attacked and all but Ole are killed in the ambush. After watching gunshots within the hospital Jannicke offers to enter the hospital with officer Johan however this plan is interrupted when the mountain man attacks wounding her and killing officer Johan as well as frightning Camilla.
The remaining two are then saved by a severely wounded Ole who dies of his wounds distracting the survivors allowing the mountain man to escape. Enraged Jannicke travels to the hotel where the first movie occurred and falls asleep waiting for the mountain man.
The mountain man eventually appears and seems to have the upper hand over Jannicke but is defeated when Cammila arrives. Not satisfyed with the mountain man being stabbed through the chest by his own pick axe Jannicke ensures the mountain mans death with a shotgun blast to the head.
Actor Character Ingrid Bolsø Berdal Jannicke Marthe Snorresdotter Rovik Camilla Kim Wifladt Ole Fridtjov Såheim Herman Johanna Mørck Audhild Mats Eldøen Sverre Rune Melby The Mountain Man
The first of the two Cold Prey-movies was extremely well received, and seen by 260,000– a high number for Norway. One reviewer even described it as "the best slasher flick" of 2006. For this reason the expectations on the sequel were high, and Ingrid Bolsø Berdal (whose character was the only surviving member of the original cast) emphasised the determination of everyone involved to make good film, not simply cash in on a mediocre sequel. Though she enjoyed the role, Berdal insisted that this would be the last instalment.
Norsk Filmfond gave financial support to the project 4 February 2008, and the new cast was announced 20 February. Mats Stenberg took over as director after Roar Uthaug, who had directed the first movie. Filming started in late February.
The shooting was eventful, with Berdal at one point suffering from food poisoning; having to perform scenes in between throwing up. There were also lighter moment, with team members hiding in various rooms of the hotel where they were staying, doing their best to scare the others by jumping out wearing masks. While the outdoor scenes were filmed in the wild scenery of Jotunheimen and the village Otta, the scenes in the hospital were shot in Åslund hospital in Ås.
Norwegian reviewers were remarkably unanimous in their assessment of the film. All of the three major national newspapers gave it four out of six points. The consensus was that, even though the sequel did not quite live up to the original, it was still enjoyable and not disappointing. Morten Ståle Nilsen, writing for Verdens Gang, commented on the beautiful natural setting, and commended Berdal for managing to look both battered and sexy at the same time. Dagbladet's Vegard Larsen declared himself surprised that the sequel turned out as well as it did. Like Nilsen, he compared Berdal to Ellen Ripley, Sigourney Weaver's character in the Alien-films. Per Haddal in Aftenposten concluded that the film failed to scare its audience as much as it intended, but he nevertheless complimented the solid handiwork.
The movie was seen by 101,564 people on its opening weekend, which was a new Norwegian record for a domestic movie. The previous record– of 70,952– was set by Mors Elling in 2003. The box-office success was largely the result of a massive marketing campaign in the weeks leading up to the movie's release.
- ^ The film has not been released internationally as of 2008-10-24, so the English title is a working title; "Fritt Vilt II". IMDb. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1188990/. Retrieved 2008-10-24.
- ^ a b Larsen, Vegard (2008-10-09). "Fremdeles nifst på vidda" (in Norwegian). Dagbladet. http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2008/10/09/549660.html. Retrieved 2008-10-24.
- ^ AnthroFred. "Cold Prey". Slasherpool.com. http://slasherp.nexcess.net/htm/reviews/coldprey.htm. Retrieved 2008-10-24. [dead link]
- ^ a b "Fakta "Fritt vilt 2" -Oppfølgeren til skrekkfilmen "Fritt Vilt"" (in Norwegian). Dagbladet. 2008-02-20. http://www.dagbladet.no/tekstarkiv/artikkel.php?id=5001080040639. Retrieved 2008-10-24.
- ^ Thorkildsen, Joakim (2008-08-15). "Kommer Jannicke til å krepere denne gangen?" (in Norwegian). Dagbladet. http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2008/08/15/543677.html. Retrieved 2008-10-24.
- ^ a b Thorkildsen, Joakim (2008-04-25). "Klart for blodbad på sykehjem i Ås" (in Norwegian). Dagbladet. http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2008/04/25/533609.html. Retrieved 2008-10-24.
- ^ a b Hobbelstad, Inger M. (2008-02-05). "Støtte til sju filmer" (in Norwegian). Dagbladet. http://www.dagbladet.no/tekstarkiv/artikkel.php?id=5001080038074. Retrieved 2008-10-24.
- ^ Aubert, Marie G. (2008-01-16). "- Liker å spille stygg" (in Norwegian). Aftenposten. http://oslopuls.aftenposten.no/kunst_scene/article465.ece. Retrieved 2008-10-24.
- ^ a b Holmlund, Jan Thomas (2008-10-09). ""Fritt Vilt"-gjengens store skrekk" (in Norwegian). Aftenposten. http://www.dagbladet.no/tekstarkiv/artikkel.php?id=5001080081977. Retrieved 2008-10-24.
- ^ Nilsen, Morten Ståle (2008-10-09). "Oppfølgernerver "Fritt vilt II"" (in Norwegian). Verdens Gang. http://www1.vg.no/film/film.php?id=9274. Retrieved 2008-10-24.
- ^ Haddal, Per (2008-10-09). "Grøss som ikke skremmer" (in Norwegian). Aftenposten. http://oslopuls.aftenposten.no/film/article85141.ece. Retrieved 2008-10-24.
- ^ Værvågen, Tone B. (2008-10-13). "Kinorekord for Fritt Vilt II" (in Norwegian). Aftenposten. http://oslopuls.aftenposten.no/film/article86252.ece. Retrieved 2008-10-24.
- ^ Thorkildsen, Joakim (2008-10-13). ""Fritt vilt 2" setter ny norsk rekord" (in Norwegian). Dagbladet. http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2008/10/13/550092.html. Retrieved 2008-10-24.
- Cold Prey 2 at the Internet Movie Database
- Cold Prey 2 at AllRovi
- Fritt Vilt II at the Norwegian Film Institute (English)
- Official website
Cinema of Norway
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Cold Prey 3 — Cold Prey Beginning Fritt Vilt Begynnelsen Poster of Fritt Vilt III Directed by Mikkel Brænne Sandemose Prod … Wikipedia
Cold Prey — Fritt Vilt International poster of Cold Prey Directed by Roar Uthaug Produced by … Wikipedia
Cold Prey — Données clés Titre original Fritt Vilt Réalisation Roar Uthaug Scénario Thomas Moldestad d après une histoire de Roar Uthaug Martin Sundland d après une idée de Jan Eirik Langoen Magne Lyngner Acteurs princ … Wikipédia en Français
Cold Prey 2 — Données clés Titre original Fritt Vilt II Réalisation Mats Stenberg Scénario Thomas Moldestad d après son histoire avec Roar Uthaug Martin Sundland Acteurs principaux Ingrid Bolsø Berd … Wikipédia en Français
Cold Prey 3 — Données clés Titre original Fritt Vilt III Réalisation Mikkel Brænne Sandemose Scénario Peder Fuglerud Lars Gudmestad Acteurs principaux Ida Marie Bakkerud Kim S. Falck Jørgensen Nil Johnson Arthur Berning Pays d’origine … Wikipédia en Français
Cold Prey — Filmdaten Deutscher Titel Cold Prey – Eiskalter Tod Originaltitel Fritt vilt … Deutsch Wikipedia
Cold Prey – Eiskalter Tod — Filmdaten Deutscher Titel: Cold Prey Eiskalter Tod Originaltitel: Fritt vilt Produktionsland: Norwegen Erscheinungsjahr: 2006 Länge: 97 Minuten Originalsprache: Norwegisch … Deutsch Wikipedia
Cold Prey 2 Resurrection — Filmdaten Deutscher Titel Cold Prey 2 Resurrection – Kälter als der Tod Originaltitel Fritt vilt II … Deutsch Wikipedia
Cold Station 12 — Star Trek: Enterprise episode Dr. Soong makes an emphatic point Episode … Wikipedia
Cold Case (season 6) — Cold Case Season 6 Country of origin United States No. of episodes 23 Broadcast Original channel CBS … Wikipedia