Cloud Nine (online game)
CloudNine Developer(s) Mgame Publisher(s) Mgame, Netgame Version US Closed Beta (27th of September 2009) Platform(s) Microsoft Windows Genre(s) MMORPG Mode(s) Multiplayer System requirements
Cloud Nine (aka Holic2). is a free-to-play Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) developed by Mgame, EXcube published by Mgame, USA. Cloud Nine is available in many different languages such as Korean, Japanese, and Spanish. It is the sequel to Holic Online.
- 1 Setting
- 2 Nations
- 3 Races
- 4 Classes
- 5 Features
- 6 External links
The game takes place in the Holy Land of Lunatia, which is divided into two countries: Ganav Libero and Primus Union. Both are inhabited by a number of races and social classes. Although there were once gods that ruled over them they have all either been shut away or are otherwise incapacitated.
Hundreds of merchant guilds became united by a man named Vakaven Kahharl and it became the nation of Primus Union. Primus Union is the center of trade and crafting. This nation is the largest, and is still growing; it never seems to stop expanding.
However, since many guilds were united by one absolute authority, this nation's rule is strict and faithful. Primus Union fights for loyalty and honor on the battlefield so, they refuse to ambush or use vulgar tactics. To win, is to win with prowess alone.
Wanderers and travelers crowded into this city one by one and finally it became a huge union. Five elders in the city then came together and the nation Ganav Libero was born.
Many people in Ganav Libero farmed and hunted for a living and created what they needed with mysterious magic power.
Their lifestyle supports freedom and living creatively. On the battlefield they never fight in a certain manner or with typical maneuvers. They use innovative tactics and surprise their enemies in every battle and conquer with invincible minds and spirits.
When the world was created, the gods created Senekas as manifestations of god themselves. Therefore, Senekas have the same appearance as the gods. Seneka’s strong spiritual strength and their high intelligence give them an advantage in battle.
Seneka use their power to develop and cultivate their habitat and now their civilization has become the center of the world.
All tools and buildings are made to fit the Seneka. Unfortunately, because of their reckless development and growth, nature started to lose its beauty and this led to a bad relationship with the Matsuka Tribe.
Koshares are the fairies who were born from the earth when the first leaf of life started to rise from the ground. They are the descendants of the earth itself. They look small and cute, but as the children of the land, they have unbelievable strength. Even if their weapons are bigger than their body they wield them easily.
However, ironically, Koshares are very bold and they often become pranksters and jokers even if their opponent is another race. They are good at crafting and researching because of their curiosity and dexterous hands. For the most part, Koshares don’t like to be in large sized groups.
It is hard to find Koshare towns these days because their numbers went down incredibly after The War of Gods. Koshares live for over 200 years and their appearance never changes.
The Matsuka race is a characteristic between two mixtures of an animal and a human form. They were born from the flames when the world was created. They are very sharp and intellectual, but they are terrible at crafting and anything that involves techniques and skills, so they came to live along with other races. They usually fight as mercenaries for other races to get what they need for a living.
Matsuka fighters are very swift and brave. However, even though they are brave fighters in battle, they value harmony with nature. Therefore, the Matsuka never harm nature or the planet. Because of this, they once had a war with Seneka because they were destroying forests to develop their town.
The war is over now, but the tension between Matsuka and Seneka has not vanished. Matsuka celebrates their coming of age at 13 and that is when they are treated as adults. The Matsuka live for approximately 150 years and keep their young appearance until around 100.ngyok
- Warriors: High HP and strong defense makes the warrior the leader. Warriors never run away from the battlefield even in the worst situation. They fight courageously at all times. When bravery gathers on the battlefield, there will always be a warrior. They are the ones who are the most feared enemies of their opponents.
- Monks: Experts in controlling the physical power of their body and also the flow of Ki. Because of the long periods of discipline they may act as variety of positions in battle. They can play the roll of damage dealer or tank. Their strong, simple, and pure mind will lead to wise decisions even if the battle is chaotic. Monks’ multiple abilities allow them to control the battle how they have planned.
- Rogues (thieves) - Thieves are born with amazing dexterity and they disappear and appear behind enemies to deal fatal blows. On the battlefield, the tide of war can be changed dramatically by their tactics and moves. The backs of all soldiers are the thieves’ primary target. People fear them due to the way they fight. However, their tactics and cleverness will drive battle to the limit.
- Hunters: Have the ability to make enemies lose their will to fight. They distract their enemies and take them down before they notice the hunter is even there. There is a hunters clan known as “Hell Wind” which is famous on the battlefield for relentless and fierce attacks.
- Mages: Have magical powers that allow them to rule the battlefield by maximizing their spirit energy and harmonizing its force with nature. Mages wield both divine and demonic power so they may fall into the darkness if they fail on controlling themselves. Therefore, they concentrate their energy into protecting themselves from the infinite power and also to wipe out enemies they face. Due to the strong spiritual force, they can maintain rationality in any situation.
- Clerics - have the ability to cure comrades who have fallen. They are not really specialized in battle so they usually support their teammates and protect and rejuvenate them with the power of light. The divinity of the priests are envied by many people, since only chosen ones may become clerics.
Monster Card Collection & Monster Taming Systems
Monsters in Cloud Nine provide players with monster cards which can be registered in a monster collection book. When players collect the various cards in the game, they get authorized to obtain various monster taming items from a certain shop. Tamed monsters will support players as a pet with extra attacks and special skills. Also, the Monster Card Collection system will be fun for anyone who loves to collect things.
Monster Transformation & PK (Player Kill) System
Cloud Nine provides a monster transformation system to players. Items that let players transform into monsters can be obtained by certain enemies. When a player transforms into a monster, their status or power becomes exactly the same as the monsters, so it will give more advantages to the player who transformed. Also, the transformation system can be used as tactics during the battle in PVP.
Cloud Nine pets fight alongside players on the battle field and depending on their item setting they can use unique skills. Pets that have been named by their master will obey and level up like players during battle. When a pet reaches a certain level they evolve to the next stage and their appearance upgrades and they get stronger. There are various types of pets such as Animal type, Human type, Beast type, Prankster type, Monster type, and Special type.
In Cloud Nine, various materials will be obtained from looting monsters, mining, fishing, and gathering. All the materials can be used to craft various special items. There are three different types of unique crafting: gem crafting, metal crafting, and medicine crafting.
Crafting Type & Description
- Gem Crafting: Start crafting gems that can be used to strengthen your weapons or armor.
- Medicine Crafting: Craft various consumable items such as potions, buff items, etc.
- Metal Crafting: Craft accessories such as necklaces, earrings, and rings that will provide extra options.
Mounts - Monster Riding
There are many kinds of mounts in Cloud Nine: Unicorn, Dragon, Big Fat Kitty, Wolf and Bouncy Horse, Etc. Choose what you like and these mounts can be used as transportation, also they will absorb some of the damage that players receive from enemies and increase the possibility of surviving in battle. However, Normal Attacks may become weaker when fighting on your Mount.
Class Switch – Class Revolving
In Cloud Nine, a character may choose another class which is called their sub-class. There is no penalty for having two classes and players can switch between their chosen classes to fit the situation. Also, sub-class skills will affect the main class skill tree and main and sub classes later share certain skills. Unlike its predecessor, in which players could change their sub-class, Cloud Nine players may only select their sub-class once.
Another Transportation - Human Cannon
Cloud Nine uses Human Cannons for long distance transportation. Hopping into the cannon will shoot players to where ever they want to go! Don’t worry about landing, characters are stronger than steel!
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Cloud Nine — or on cloud nine is an English expression meaning euphoria or bliss . It may also refer to: Contents 1 In companies 2 In confectionery 3 … Wikipedia
Fainting game — The fainting game (also known as the choking game and a wide variety of local slang names), refers to intentionally cutting off oxygen to the brain with the goal of inducing temporary syncope and euphoria. There are two distinct methods used to… … Wikipedia
Video game culture — Part of a series on … Wikipedia
Doom (video game) — DOOM redirects here. For other uses, see Doom (disambiguation). Doom Box art, painted by Don Ivan Punchatz. Developer(s) id Software Publis … Wikipedia
Toontown Online — Toontown Toontown Online Official Logo Developer(s) Walt Disney Internet Group Publisher(s) … Wikipedia
Alternate reality game — This article is about the genre. For the specific 1980s series, see Alternate Reality (computer game). An alternate reality game (ARG) is an interactive narrative that uses the real world as a platform, often involving multiple media and game… … Wikipedia
Quake (video game) — This article is about the original video game. For the series as a whole, see Quake (series). Quake Developer(s) id Software Midway Games (N64) … Wikipedia
Remote Control (game show) — Remote Control is a TV game show that ran on MTV for five seasons from 1987 until 1990. It was MTV s first original non musical program. New episodes were made for first run syndication in 1989. Three contestants answered trivia questions on… … Wikipedia
Raven (game show) — Infobox Television show name = Raven caption = Series 7/8 opening title card genre = Children s Game Show developer = presenter = starring = James Mackenzie theme music composer = David Brockett opentheme = endtheme = country = SCO language =… … Wikipedia
List of game manufacturers — This list includes manufacturers of card games, board games, miniatures games, wargames, role playing games, and collectible card games, and manufacturers of accessories for use in those games. Not included in this list are companies that simply… … Wikipedia