Cloud 9 (album)
Cloud 9 Studio album by Nine Released August 6, 1996 Recorded October,1995-June,1996 Genre Hip hop Label Profile Producer Rob Lewis, Rockwrecka, Jesse West Nine chronology Nine Livez
Nine had releasd his debut album Nine Livez the previous year. The album was an underground hit, reaching No. 90 on the Billboard 200, while also reaching the top 20 on the R&B charts. The album also spawned the crossover hit, "Whutcha Want?", which reached No. 50 on the Billboard Hot 100. After the success on "Whutcha Want?", Profile gave Nine the green light to begin work on his second album. Like his previous album, this album was mostly produced by Rob Lewis. The album featured several guest appearances, including Smoothe da Hustler and 3rd Eye, a departure from his previous album which featured virtually no guest appearance.
The album's lead single was "Lyin' King", an indirect diss to rappers who were trying to capitalize on the popular gangsta rap and mafioso rap genres at the time. It made it to No. 81 on the R&B singles chart and 21 on the Hot Rap Singles chart. The album's second single was "Make or Take", which was a duet with label-mate Smoothe da Hustler.
Professional ratings Review scores Source Rating Allmusic 
Brad Mills of Allmusic gave the album three out of five stars and called the album "solid from start to finish. Nine's raspy, deep catchy voice is ever present, and, with really simple beats complemented by hard basslines, it's easy to throw this back in for another round. Smoothe da Hustler makes a welcome appearance on "Make or Take," while every other track on the album bangs just as hard".
Commercially, Cloud 9 failed to sell as many copies as Nine Livez and only reached No. 45 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums, not selling enough copies to reach the Billboard 200. Due to Profile Records' financial problems, the album featured virtually no promotion, with the exception of the music videos for "Lyin' King" and "Make or Take". The lack of promotion is the main reason behind the album's poor sales..
- "Know Introduction"- 2:38 (featuring King Just)
- "Every Man 4 Himself"- 3:11
- "We Play 4 Keeps"- 3:53
- "Tha Product"- 4:19 (featuring U-Neek)
- "Uncivilized"- 3:38 (featuring Father Shaheed)
- "No Part a Me"- 3:42
- "Lyin' King"- 3:36
- "Richman, Poorman"- 2:50 (featuring 3rd Eye)
- "Jon Doe"- 3:51
- "Make or Take"- 4:00 (featuring Smoothe Da Hustler)
- "Warriors"- 3:46 (featuring Bounty Killer)
- "4 Chicken Wings and Rice"- 3:31
- "Know Introduction"
- "Biscuit" by Portishead
- "Lyin' King"
- "An Old Fashioned Love Song" by Three Dog Night
- "Here We Go (Live at the Funhouse)" & "Peter Piper" by Run-DMC
- "4 Chicken Wings and Rice"
- "Richman, Poorman"
- "Young, Gifted & Black" by Aretha Franklin
- "Make or Take"
- "Just As You Are" by Ronnie Laws
- "Tha Product"
- "Ode To Billie Joe" by Lou Donaldson
Chart (1996) Peak
Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums 45
- Bounty Killer - Performer
- Tim Carter - Photography
- Father Shaheed - Producer, Mixing
- Ken Ifill - Engineer
- King Just - Performer
- Chris Landry - Executive Producer
- Carla Leighton - Art Direction, Design
- Rob Lewis - Producer, Engineer
- Joe Quinde - Engineer
- Smoothe da Hustler - Performer
- U-Neek - Performer
- Jesse West - Producer, Engineer
- ^ "Cloud 9 credits at Discogs.com". Discogs.com. 2010-09-30. http://www.discogs.com/Nine-Cloud-9/release/1205953.
- ^ Allmusic review
- ^ "Cloud 9 review at Allmusic.com". Allmusic.com. 2010-09-30. http://www.allmusic.com/album/r238143.
- ^ "Cloud 9 chart history at Billboard.com". Billboard.com. 2010-09-30. http://www.billboard.com/#/album/nine/cloud-9/188260.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Cloud Nine (Album) — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Cloud 9. Cloud Nine Album par George Harrison Sortie 2 novembre 1987 Enregistrement … Wikipédia en Français
Cloud Nine (album) — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Cloud 9. Cloud Nine Album par George Harrison Sortie 2 novembre 1987 Enregistrement … Wikipédia en Français
Cloud Chamber (album) — Cloud Chamber Studio album by Boris with Michio Kurihara Released … Wikipedia
Cloud 7 (album) — Infobox Album Name = Cloud 7 Type = Album Artist = Tony Bennett Background = orange | Released = 1955 Recorded = August 6 December 22, 1954 Genre = Jazz Length = Label = Columbia Records Producer = Mitch Miller Reviews = * Allmusic rating|4|5… … Wikipedia
Cloud Nine — or on cloud nine is an English expression meaning euphoria or bliss . It may also refer to: Contents 1 In companies 2 In confectionery 3 … Wikipedia
Cloud Cult — Background information Origin Minneapolis, Minnesota Genres Art rock Expe … Wikipedia
Cloud Nine (The Temptations album) — Cloud Nine Studio album by The Temptations Released February 17, 1969 … Wikipedia
Cloud Nine — Álbum de George Harrison Publicación 2 de noviembre de 1987 Grabación 5 de enero finales de marzo de 1987 Género(s) Rock … Wikipedia Español
Cloud Nine (Temptations album) — Infobox Album | Name = Cloud Nine Type = Album Artist = The Temptations Released = February 17, 1969 Recorded = Late summer 1968 January 1969 Genre = Soul/psychedelic soul Length = 31:35 Label = Gordy GS 939 Producer = Norman Whitfield Reviews =… … Wikipedia
Cloud Nine (George Harrison album) — Cloud Nine Studio album by George Harrison Released 2 November 1987 … Wikipedia