Comm circa Jan 2009
Born Joel Comm
May 5, 1964
Nationality American Known for InfoMedia, Inc., ClassicGames.com Notable works The AdSense Code, Twitter Power, iFart Mobile, Yahoo! Games Website http://JoelComm.com
Joel Comm (born May 5, 1964) is an American author and Internet marketer. In 2006, he published The AdSense Code: What Google Never Told You about Making Money with Adsense, which were New York Times and Business Week bestsellers. He is also the author of Click Here to Order: Stories of the World’s Most Successful Internet Entrepreneurs and Twitter Power: How to Dominate your Market One Tweet at a Time. In 2007, he was the host and Executive Producer of The Next Internet Millionaire, an online reality show. In 2008, his company, Infomedia, produced an iPhone application: iFart.
In 1996, Comm relaunched SpringerSpan.com as ClassicGames.com. Yahoo! bought out Comm and his partner, Eron Jokipii (who became Yahoo’s Chief of Games), integrating the service into its own platform.
Comm maintains WorldVillage.com, a content-based website which began as a printed newsletter called The Dallas Fort Worth Software Review. The site offers blog content, reviews and news on a range of different subjects.
Comm also runs a small software company, Infomedia. At the end of 2008, the company released iFart Mobile, an iPhone application that replicates the sound of bodily functions. The app spent three weeks at the top of iPhone’s application charts.
In 2004, Comm began using Google’s AdSense advertising program on his network of websites. He tested different approaches, producing a number of strategies that increased his advertising income. In 2005, he published an ebook entitled What Google Never Told You About Making Money With AdSense. The following year he published The AdSense Code, a traditional print book published by Morgan James Publishing. The AdSense Code reached third place on Amazon.com’s bestsellers, #6 on The New York Times Business Paperback bestsellers list and #8 on BusinessWeek’s Business Paperback bestsellers list.
In February 2009, Comm wrote Twitter Power a guide to Twitter, a popular microblogging service. The book has been translated into Portuguese, Japanese, Korean and Chinese. An updated revised edition, Twitter Power 2.0, was released in paperback form in May 2010.
In June 2010, Comm wrote KaChing: How to Run an Online Business that Pays and Pays. The book proposed and explained how to generate a part-time or full-time income by creating content-based websites monetized in a number of ways. Comm successfully marketed the book through online channels, but a December 2010 Huffington Post article  demonstrated marketing books via television commercials was a waste of money.
Following the publication of The AdSense Code Comm started to work as a public speaker, addressing business, Internet marketing and entrepreneurial conferences, including work for Microsoft, IBM and other corporations. He is now a regular speaker at events like Armand Morin’s Big Seminar, Chris Howard’s Wealth Symposiums, T. Harv Eker’s Never Work Again and Anthony Robbins’ Wealth Mastery.
In 2006, Comm created an online reality show based on The Apprentice. Hosted by Comm, The Next Internet Millionaire took twelve Internet marketing hopefuls and provided them with challenges eliminating contestants until just one remained. The winner received $25,000 and was offered a joint venture with Comm said to be worth a million dollars. The show was broadcast exclusively on the Internet and later printed to DVD.
In February 2009, Air-O-Matic, makers of Pull My Finger, an iPhone app that also makes flatulent sounds, threatened legal action against Infomedia claiming trademark infringement. Air-O-Matic claimed that Infomedia had used the phrase "pull my finger" in its marketing material and demanded $50,000 in compensation. Infomedia responded by filing a complaint for declaratory judgement in Colorado District Court. The case between the two fart-producing companies became a caused calamity and was even featured on Jon Stewart's The Daily Show. In September 2009, the two companies went public with their settlement, a jointly produced iPhone application called 'Clear the Air.'
- The AdSense Code (book)
- Twitter Power (book)
- iFart Mobile (iPhone application)
- ^ "Attack of the Birthday Monkeys". JoelComm.com. May 5, 2009. http://joelcomm.com/attack-of-the-birthday-monkeys.html. "Today is my 45th birthday"
- ^ "New York Times Best-Seller List". July 2, 2006. http://www.joelcomm.com/nytimes.pdf.
- ^ "Business Week Best-Seller List". July 10, 2006. http://www.joelcomm.com/businessweek-bestseller.pdf.
- ^ Walker, Rob (January 28, 2009). "Dumb and Dumber 2.0". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/01/magazine/01wwln-consumed-t.html. Retrieved February 1, 2009.
- ^ King, Kelley (December 24, 2008). "Entrepreneur’s iPhone app explodes with success". The Coloradoan. http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20081224/LOVELAND01/81223015. Retrieved February 1, 2009.
- ^ Comm, Joel Click Here to Order: Stories of the World’s Most Successful Internet Entrepreneurs — The Missing Chapter (2008)
- ^ Siegler, MG (December 27, 2008). "A Christmas iFart Explosion". Venture Beat. http://venturebeat.com/2008/12/27/a-christmas-ifart-explosion-nearly-40000-downloads-and-30000-net/.
- ^ Comm, Joel. The AdSense Code: What Google Never Told You about Making Money with AdSense. (2006)
- ^ "Business Week Best-Seller List". July 10, 2006. http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/06_28/b3992108.htm.
- ^ Twitter Power official book site
- ^ http://www.submarino.com.br/produto/1/21617803/poder+do+twitter,+o?menuId=1321
- ^ http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4887597517/
- ^ http://twitpic.com/eokfg
- ^ http://www.books.com.tw/exep/prod/booksfile.php?item=0010452992
- ^ Amazon.com book listing
- ^ KaChing official book site
- ^ "Authors: Why TV Ads Don't Sell Books Online". December 14, 2010. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arielle-ford/authors-why-tv-ads-dont-s_b_796548.html.
- ^ A visit to Microsoft - April 5, 2009
- ^ The Next Internet Millionaire official site
- ^ Barnes & Noble listing
- ^ Mills, Elinor (February 13, 2009). "iFart Mobile to Pull My Finger: You stink". CNET News. http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10164264-37.html.
- ^ Matyszczyk, Chris (September 24, 2009). "iPhone farting-app rivals clear up the stink". CNET News. http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10360994-71.html.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
JOEL — i.e. volens, incipiens, vel iurans, nomen Principis. 1. Par. c. 4. v. 35. Nomen Prophetae, fil. Phatuel. Ioel. c. 1. v. 1. in numero 12. Prophet. minorum secundi. Videtur Hoseae Proph. contemporaneus. De captivitate Babyl. missione Spiritûs S.… … Hofmann J. Lexicon universale
The Apprentice (TV series) — The Apprentice Genre Reality television Created by Mark Burnett Composer(s) Jeff … Wikipedia
Blogging Heroes — Infobox Book name = Blogging Heroes: Interviews with 30 of the World s Top Bloggers author = Michael A. Banks country = United States genre = Social Media publisher = John Wiley Sons pub date = 2007 media type = Print pages = 350 pp isbn = ISBN… … Wikipedia
Twitter — Twitter, Inc. Rechtsform Kapitalgesellschaft Gründung 2006 Sitz … Deutsch Wikipedia
MagCloud — Type publisher Genre vanity press Founded 2008 Key people Andrew Bolwell Employees … Wikipedia
IBN EZRA, ABRAHAM BEN MEIR — (1089–1164), one of the most important Jewish Bible exegetes; also a poet, composer of piyyutim , grammarian, translator, philosopher, astronomer, and astrologer. Exceptionally erudite, he was among the last creative geniuses of the Spanish… … Encyclopedia of Judaism
Elections legislatives de 2007 en Provence-Alpes-Cote-d'Azur — Élections législatives de 2007 en Provence Alpes Côte d Azur Liste des candidats pour les élections législatives de juin 2007 dans la région Provence Alpes Côte d Azur : Sommaire 1 Alpes de Haute Provence 1.1 1re circonscription 1.2 2e… … Wikipédia en Français
Élections législatives françaises de 2007 en Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur — Élections législatives de 2007 en Provence Alpes Côte d Azur Liste des candidats pour les élections législatives de juin 2007 dans la région Provence Alpes Côte d Azur : Sommaire 1 Alpes de Haute Provence 1.1 1re circonscription 1.2 2e… … Wikipédia en Français
Élections législatives de 2007 en Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur — Liste des candidats pour les élections législatives de juin 2007 dans la région Provence Alpes Côte d Azur : Sommaire 1 Alpes de Haute Provence 1.1 1re circonscription 1.2 2e circonscription … Wikipédia en Français
MUSIC — This article is arranged according to the following outline: introduction written sources of direct and circumstantial evidence the material relics and iconography notated sources oral tradition archives and important collections of jewish music… … Encyclopedia of Judaism