Church of All Saints, Trull
Church of All Saints General information Town or city Trull Country England Coordinates Completed 15th century
The church was served by the monks of Taunton Priory until 1308.
The east window, dating from the 15th century, depicts the crucifixion with St John and the Mother of Jesus at the foot of the Cross. The pulpit is believed to date from the 16th century, moving to its current position from the north arcade as part of a Victorian restoration around 1863.
The lower portion of the tower is the oldest part of the building, with the north aisle being built in the 14th century and the south aisle in the 15th. The tower holds six bells, two of which were cast before Protestant Reformation.
- List of Grade I listed buildings in Taunton Deane
- List of towers in Somerset
- ^ "Church of All Saints". Images of England. http://www.imagesofengland.org.uk/details/default.aspx?id=270699. Retrieved 5 December 2007.
- ^ "The History of Trull". Trull village website. http://www.trullvillage.org.uk/history.htm. Retrieved 5 December 2007.
- ^ "Our Church Heritage". Trull parish church. http://www.trullchurch.org.uk/ourchurch.html. Retrieved 5 December 2007.
- ^ a b "Heritage". Trull Church. http://www.trullchurch.org.uk/ourchurch.html. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
- ^ "Trull church". trull Village. http://www.trullvillage.org.uk/church.htm. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
- ^ "All Saints, Trull". Church of England. http://www.achurchnearyou.com/trull-all-saints/. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Trull — Coordinates: 50°59′47″N 3°07′12″W / 50.9965°N 3.1199°W / 50.9965; 3.1199 … Wikipedia
List of Grade I listed buildings in Somerset — There are over 6000 Grade I listed buildings in England. This page is a list of these buildings in the county of Somerset.Bath North East Somerset* Abbey Church, Bath (Grade A) * Abbey Church Yard, Bath: No 14 * Grand Pump Room, Bath * Grand Pump … Wikipedia
Chipstable — Coordinates: 51°02′09″N 3°21′58″W / 51.0357°N 3.3660°W / 51.0357; 3.3660 … Wikipedia
Nynehead — Coordinates: 50°59′43″N 3°14′02″W / 50.9953°N 3.2339°W / 50.9953; 3.2339 … Wikipedia
Curland — Coordinates: 50°57′08″N 3°02′01″W / 50.9523°N 3.0335°W / 50.9523; 3.0335 … Wikipedia
Norton Fitzwarren — Coordinates: 51°01′24″N 3°08′57″W / 51.0232°N 3.1491°W / 51.0232; 3.1491 … Wikipedia
Rood screen — 15th century jubé from the chapel of St Fiacre at Le Faouet Morbihan, including the two thieves. Usual lo … Wikipedia
Jubé — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Jubé (homonymie). Emplacement du jubé dans une église Dans une église, le jubé est une tribune et une clôture de pierre ou de bois séparant le chœur liturgique de la … Wikipédia en Français
Jube — Jubé Pour les articles homonymes, voir Jubé (homonymie). Emplacement du jubé dans une église Dans une église, le jubé est une tribune et une clôture de pierre ou de bois sép … Wikipédia en Français
History of wood carving — From the remotest ages the decoration of wood has been a foremost art. The tendency of human nature has always been to ornament every article in use. The North American Indian carves his wooden fish hook or his pipe stem just as the Polynesian… … Wikipedia