- Choose You
"Choose You" Single by Stan Walker from the album From the Inside Out Released 20 July 2010
(see release history)
Recorded 2010 Genre Pop, R&B Length 3:39 Label Sony Music Writer(s) Cassie Davis, Carl Dimataga Producer Stuart Crichton, Cassie Davis, Phil Tan Stan Walker chronology "Stuck in a Box"
"Choose You" is a song by Australian recording artist Stan Walker, released as the second single from his second studio album, From the Inside Out, on 20 July 2010. The pop, R&B song was written by Carl Dimataga and Cassie Davis, with the latter also handling its production with Stuart Crichton and Phil Tan. "Choose You" received positive reviews from music critics, who complimented its stomping beats and noted that it was radio-friendly. On the New Zealand Singles Chart, the song peaked at number three and was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of New Zealand (RIANZ). It also peaked at number 16 on the Australian ARIA Singles Chart and was certified platinum by the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). An accompanying music video was directed by Marc Furmie and was released on 5 August 2010. It features Walker having to choose between his former girlfriend or his music career.
Background and release
"Choose You" was written by Cassie Davis and Carl Dimataga. On working with Davis, Walker explained, "I'd only met Cassie [Davis] once before at the Aria Awards and we hit it off the first time we met, but I really didn't know her that well. I loved the song when I first heard it, and I loved the way she wrote it – it sounded awesome. There's a real magic to the song – it's a wicked pop song mixed with a little old skool R&B." Before the song was released for digital download, Walker gave an exclusive acoustic performance of "Choose You" to MusicFix. "Choose You" was sent to Australian contemporary hit radio on 12 July 2010. A week later, it became the fifth most added song to Australian radio, and the second most added song to New Zealand radio.
The song was released digitally in Australia and New Zealand on 20 July 2010. The Compact Disc single was released in Australia on 30 July 2010, and featured a remix of the song and two bonus tracks. An extended play of "Choose You" was also released the same date, and featured two remixes of "Choose You".
Scott Kara from The New Zealand Herald chose "Choose You" as one of the best tracks of From the Inside Out, appreciating its "soaring pop and grand stomp". Cameron Adams from The Daily Telegraph wrote that the song was radio-friendly and catchy. Drew Taylor from Warcry described "Choose You" as an "infectious song" and noted that it has "chart potential". On the New Zealand Singles Chart, "Choose You" debuted at number seven on 26 July 2010. The song peaked at number three on 6 September 2010, where it remained for five consecutive weeks. It was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of New Zealand (RIANZ), for selling 15,000 copies. In Australia, "Choose You" debuted at number 33 on the ARIA Singles Chart on 16 August 2010, and peaked at number 16 on 30 August. It was certified platinum by the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA), for selling 70,000 copies.
Released on 5 August, the music video for the song was directed by Marc Furmie, and filmed in Sydney. The plot shows Walker having to choose between his former girlfriend or his music career. It begins with Walker's partner packing and leaving, after which Walker reminisces on their relationship. On the way to a musical performance, he imagines his girlfriend being with him. At an airport following his show, Walker turns around and 'chooses' his partner.
- Digital download
- "Choose You" – 3:39
- "Choose You" – 3:39
- "Choose You" featuring Israel and Miracle (Israel Remix) – 3:50
- "Choose You" (Jayou Remix) – 4:06
- Australia CD single
- "Choose You"
- "Choose You" (Remix)
- "Left Lonely"
- "Stand Up"
- Stuart Crichton – keys, production, programming, writing
- Cassie Davis – keys, production, writing
- Duke Gorzenio – Writing
- Carl Dimataga – guitar, writing
- Damien Lewis – assistant mixing
- Phil Tan – additional production, mixing
Charts and certifications
Chart (2010) Peak
ARIA Singles Chart 16 New Zealand Singles Chart 3
Country Certifications Australia Platinum New Zealand Platinum
Chart (2010) Position Australian Artists Singles Chart 17 New Zealand Singles Chart 15
Country Date Format Label Australia 12 July 2010 Contemporary hit radio Sony Music Australia 20 July 2010 Digital download 30 July 2010 CD single, digital EP New Zealand 20 July 2010 Digital download 30 July 2010 Digital EP
- ^ a b c "Stan Walker – Choose You – Issue 795". The Music Network. Peer Media Group. http://www.themusicnetwork.com/music-releases/singles/2010/07/12/issue-795/Stan-Walker--Choose-You/. Retrieved 27 December 2010.
- ^ a b (2010) Release notes for From the Inside Out by Stan Walker (CD liner). Sony Music Australia.
- ^ "Stan talks writing, influences, and his brand new album". Thebigexoday.com. Archived from the original on 28 October 2011. http://www.webcitation.org/62l0VzPvZ.
- ^ "Watch now: Stan Walker performs his upcoming single for MusicFIX". MusicFix. Ninemsn. http://music.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx?blogentryid=671203&showcomments=true#ugc_comments. Retrieved 27 December 2010.
- ^ "Stan Walker – Choose You – Issue 797". The Music Network. Peer Media Group. http://www.themusicnetwork.com/music-releases/most-added-to-radio/2010/07/26/issue-797/Stan_Walker--Choose-You/. Retrieved 27 December 2010.
- ^ a b c "Choose You – Single". iTunes Store. Apple Inc.. http://itunes.apple.com/au/album/choose-you-single/id381633992. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- ^ a b "Choose You – Single". iTunes Store. Apple Inc. http://itunes.apple.com/nz/album/choose-you-single/id381633992. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- ^ a b c "Stan Walker Choose You CD Single". The Music Shop. http://www.musicshop.com.au/stan-walker-choose-you-cd-single.html. Retrieved Retrieved 21 July 2010.
- ^ a b c "Choose You – EP". iTunes Store. Apple Inc. http://itunes.apple.com/nz/album/choose-you-ep/id384076171. Retrieved 4 August 2010.
- ^ Kara, Scott (26 August 2010). "Album Review: Stan Walker From the Inside Out". The New Zealand Herald. APN Holdings NZ Limited. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/music/news/article.cfm?c_id=264&objectid=10668730. Retrieved 22 September 2010.
- ^ Adams, Cameron (19 August 2010). "Stan Walker's first original offering". The Daily Telegraph. News Limited. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/stan-walkers-first-original-offering/story-e6frewyr-1225906953727. Retrieved 27 December 2010.
- ^ Taylor, Drew. "FOCUS// Stan Walker: From the Inside Out". Salvationarmy.org.au. Archived from the original on 28 October 2011. http://www.webcitation.org/62l1oYhA6.
- ^ a b c "Stan Walker – Choose You". RIANZ Charts. Hung Medien. http://charts.org.nz/showitem.asp?interpret=Stan+Walker&titel=Choose+You&cat=s. Retrieved 28 October 2011.
- ^ a b "Latest Gold / Platinum Singles". Radioscope New Zealand. http://www.radioscope.net.nz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=77&Itemid=63. Retrieved 14 September 2010.
- ^ a b "Stan Walker – Choose You". ARIA Charts. Hung Medien. http://australian-charts.com/showitem.asp?interpret=Stan+Walker&titel=Choose+You&cat=s. Retrieved 28 October 2011.
- ^ a b "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2011 Singles". Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). http://www.aria.com.au/pages/httpwww.aria.com.aupageshttpwww.aria.com.auSINGLEaccreds2011.htm. Retrieved 4 May 2011.
- ^ Stan Walker – 'Choose You' [Official Video^. YouTube. 5 August 2010. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N5wkjiZcYc. Retrieved 7 August 2010.
- ^ Moran, Jonathan (25 July 2010). "Stan Walker finally has a home". The Daily Telegraph. News Limited. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sunday-telegraph/stan-walker-finally-has-a-home/story-e6frewt9-1225896532510. Retrieved 7 August 2010.
- ^ "ARIA Charts – End Of Year Charts – Top 50 Australian Artist Singles 2010". Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). http://aria.com.au/pages/aria-charts-end-of-year-charts-top-australian-singles-2010.htm. Retrieved 7 January 2011.
- ^ "Annual Top 50 Singles Chart 2010". Recording Industry Association of New Zealand (RIANZ). 2010. http://rianz.org.nz/rianz/chart_annual.asp?chartYear=2010&chartKind=S. Retrieved 4 May 2011.
- ^ "Choose You – EP – Australia". iTunes Store. Apple Inc. http://itunes.apple.com/au/album/choose-you-ep/id384076171. Retrieved 27 December 2010.
Studio albumsIntroducing Stan Walker · From the Inside Out · Let the Music Play Singles"Black Box" · "Unbroken" · "Stand Up" · "Choose You" · "Homesick" · "Loud" · "Light It Up" Featured singles"Stuck in a Box" · "What Happened to Us" · "Galaxy" ToursSummerbeatz Related articlesDiscography · Australian Idol (season 7) Book:Stan Walker · Category:Stan Walker · Portal:Music
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
International Player's Anthem (I Choose You) — Infobox Single Name = International Players Anthem (I Choose You) Artist = UGK featuring OutKast from Album = UGK (Underground Kingz) Released = 2007 Format = CD Recorded = 2006 Genre = Southern Rap Length = 4:25 Label = Zomba Music Group Writer … Wikipedia
I Choose You — Infobox Album | Name = I Choose You Type = Album Artist = Point of Grace Released = October 12, 2004 Recorded = Genre = Christian pop Length = Label = Word Records Producer = Mark Hammond David Zaffiro Wayne Kirkpatrick Brent Bourgeois Reviews =… … Wikipedia
The I Choose You Tour — infobox concert tour concert tour name = The I Choose You Tour artist = Point of Grace start date = end date = number of legs = 1 number of shows = 30 last tour = The Christmastime Tour (2004) this tour = The I Choose You Tour (2005) next tour =… … Wikipedia
i\ choose\ you — From pokemon, regards a tool one is about to use. The more obvious, the better. We need to go to the liquor store. 87 Chevy Blazer, I choose you … Dictionary of american slang
Choose the right — shield Choose the right is a saying or motto among members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints (LDS Church) that is taught to children and used by members of the church as a reminder to act righteously. The phrase is taken from an… … Wikipedia
choose — verb ADVERB ▪ carefully, wisely ▪ He chose his words carefully. ▪ freely ▪ They can choose freely from a wide range of courses. ▪ voluntarily … Collocations dictionary
choose — choosable, adj. chooser, n. /choohz/, v., chose; chosen or (Obs.) chose; choosing. v.t. 1. to select from a number of possibilities; pick by preference: She chose Sunday for her departure. 2. to prefer or decide (to do something): He chose to run … Universalium
choose — W1S1 [tʃu:z] v past tense chose [tʃəuz US tʃouz] past participle chosen [ˈtʃəuzən US ˈtʃou ] [I and T] [: Old English; Origin: ceosan] 1.) to decide which one of a number of things or people you want →↑choice ▪ It took us ages to choose a new… … Dictionary of contemporary English
choose — [ tʃuz ] (past tense chose [ tʃouz ] ; past participle chosen [ tʃouzn ] ) verb intransitive or transitive *** to decide which you want from a number of people or things: Do you feel that you chose the wrong career? choose from: There is a huge… … Usage of the words and phrases in modern English
Choose life — may refer to: In a Bible verse, Deuteronomy 30:19: I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live. Choose Life… … Wikipedia