Chief Executive (magazine)
Chief Executive Magazine Logo
Editor-in-Chief JP Donlon Categories Business Magazine Frequency Bi-Monthly Circulation 42,025  Company Chief Executive Group, LLC Country United States Based in Greenwich, CT Language English Website www.chiefexecutive.net
Chief Executive is a business magazine published by Chief Executive Group, LLC.
Chief Executive began publication in 1976 and JP Donlon is its Editor-in-Chief. The magazine is published six times a year and has a circulation of 42,000 copies is audited twice yearly by BPA Worldwide. The magazine began its publishing its magazine online in 1998.
Some of the magazine's featured sections include: , CEO Chronicles, Thought Leader, Chief Concern, Labour Relations, Strategy, Financial Management and Roundtable. Its CEO Confidence Index which reflects the CEO population's perspective on the economy, employment and investment opportunities via a monthly survey.
Each May, the magazine publishes its "Best and Worst States for Business" rankings, based on survey results from its CEO readership base. CEOs grade the states on taxes and regulation, the quality of the work force and living environment, among other categories. The 2011 rankings elicited a friendly political feud between Florida Gov. Rick Scott and Texas Gov. Rick Perry, whose states ranked 3 and 1, respectively.
The magazine also features a ‘CEO of the Year’ award. Past recipients include: Jack Welch, Bill Gates, David Glass, Andrew Grove, Lawrence Bossidy, Herb Kelleher, Michael Dell, Fred Smith, A.G. Lafley, Procter & Gamble, Bob Ulrich Anne MulcahyJames Skinner, Kenneth L. Schroeder,  Hugh Grant (manager),  Alan Mulally, 
- ^ Magazine information Retrieved on 28 March 2010.
- ^ "States of Business: Wisconsin Jumps Ahead in a New CEO Survey" , The Wall Street Journal, May 16, 2011
- ^ "Florida's Scott Takes on Texas for Top Business Ranking" , Bloomberg, May 19, 2011, accessed May 26, 2011
- ^ "CEO of the Year: For Target's Bob Ulrich, It's the Triumph of the Team," Chief Executive magazine, June 2007, pp. 50-55
- ^ "CEO of the Year: Xerox CEO Anne Mulcahy's Second Act," Chief Executive magazine, June 2008, pp. 26-31
- ^ "Chief Executive Magazine Names McDonald’s CEO Jim Skinner 'CEO of the Year'", ChiefExecutive.net, May 12, 2009
- ^ "Monsanto's Hugh Grant, CEO of the Year 2010" ,Chief Executive magazine, June 2010
- ^ "Ford CEO Alan Mulally Named 2011 Chief Executive of the Year" , AutoGuide.com, June 27, 2011, accessed June 27, 2011
Major English-language business and finance magazines AustraliaBusiness Review Weekly · Money Canada China Ethiopia Ireland South Africa United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States See also This business magazine or journal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.