Chartered Secretaries Australia
Chartered Secretaries Australia is an independent professional association for company secretaries and governance professionals in Australia, committed to promoting sound practice in corporate governance and risk management.
A number of influential company secretaries joined together in the United Kingdom in 1891 to form a society which promoted their professional interests. The society obtained incorporation under a Royal Charter in 1902 and the members of the Chartered Institute of Secretaries of Joint Stock Companies and other Public Bodies become known as Chartered Secretaries. An amendment to the Institute's Charter gave it the name of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) in 1971.
Established in Australia in 1909, the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators — Australian Division changed its name to Chartered Secretaries Australia in 2000.
CSA is a member of the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) Corporate Governance Council, which issues the Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations against which all Australian listed companies must report. CSA regularly publishes Good Governance Guides which focus on the practical aspects of implementing sound practice in governance and corporate law.
CSA also publishes a journal and a publications program, and offers public and in-house training, conferences and education in governance and risk management.
CSA provides internationally recognised qualifications in the areas of governance and risk management and provides training to organisations to help them with their governance practices.
CSA’s Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance is the only applied postgraduate course in governance with higher education accreditation in Australia. Those with accountability responsibilities or who have oversight of implementing governance frameworks in either the private or public sectors can undertake the course. CSA Associate and Fellow Members are entitled to use the designation Chartered Secretary as well as the internationally recognised postnominals of ACIS or FCIS.
In addition, CSA offers both a Certificate in Governance Practice and a Certificate in Governance and Risk Management that provides qualifications and vocational governance and risk management training. CSA Certificated Members carry the nationally recognised post nominal of CSA(Cert).
- ^ Durkin, Patrick (21 January 2011). "Pay reforms unnecessary, say experts". Australian Financial Review (Australia).
- ^ Potts, David (30 August 2010). "Cast your vote for a share of the action". Sydney Morning Herald (Sydney). http://www.smh.com.au/money/planning/cast-your-vote-for-a-share-of-the-action-20100830-140dz.html. Retrieved 1 March 2011.
- ^ "CSA wants more share register protection". Sydney Morning Herald (Sydney). 31 July 2009. http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-business/csa-wants-more-share-register-protection-20090731-e4bk.html. Retrieved 1 March 2011.
- ^ "ASX500 falls down on risk management". Risk Management Magazine (Australia). 2 December 2010. http://www.riskmanagementmagazine.com.au/articles/00/0C06E000.asp. Retrieved 1 March 2011.
- ^ "Council Representatives". Australian Securities Exchange. http://www.asx.com.au/governance/corporate-governance-council-representatives.htm. Retrieved 1 March 2011.
- ^ "Good Governance Guides". Chartered Secretaries Australia. http://www.csaust.com/Content/NavigationMenu/TechnicalResources/GoodGovernanceGuides1/GoodGovernanceGuides/Good_Governance_Gui.htm. Retrieved 1 March 2011.
- ^ "Register of Refereed Journals". Australian Government, Department of Education, Science and Training. 3 March 2006. http://www.dest.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/62C11493-90DB-442E-87AF-E5E4D6D4DEBE/10055/RegisterOfRefereedJournals03022006.pdf. Retrieved 1 March 2011.
- ^ "Chartered Secretaries Tackle NFP Governance". Pro Bono News. 11 August 2010. http://www.probonoaustralia.com.au/news/2010/08/chartered-secretaries-tackle-nfp-governance. Retrieved 1 March 2011.
- ^ "Graduate Diploma". Chartered Secretaries Australia. http://www.csaust.com/Content/NavigationMenu/EducationTraining/GraduateDiploma/Graduate_Diploma.htm. Retrieved 1 March 2011.
- ^ "Certificates". Chartered Secretaries Australia. http://www.csaust.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Certificate. Retrieved 1 March 2011.
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators UK
- Chartered Secretaries Zealand Division
- Chartered Secretaries Southern Africa
- Chartered Secretaries Canada
- Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- Chartered Secretaries Malaysia
- Singapore Association of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.