Charles Mitchell (professor)
Charles Mitchell MA (Oxon) is a Professor of Law at University College London. He is one of the leading common law experts on unjust enrichment and the law of trusts, and author of two leading textbooks and one practitioner's book.
Mitchell completed his Ph.D. at University College London and was supervised by Peter Birks. Up until 2008 he worked at King's College, London, before spending a year as Professor of property law at Jesus College, Oxford University.
Mitchell was also previously general editor of the King's Law Journal.
- Hayton and Mitchell's Commentary and Cases on the Law of Trusts and Equitable Remedies (13th edn Sweet & Maxwell 2010)
- Landmark Cases in the Law of Contract (Hart, 2008), Ch.13, Johnson v Agnew (with Paul Mitchell)
- Landmark Cases in the Law of Restitution (Hart, 2006), essays on legal history. (with Paul Mitchell)
- Subrogation: Law and Practice (OUP, 2007) Ed. (with Stephen Watterson)
- Underhill and Hayton's Law Relating to Trusts and Trustees (Butterworths, 2006) 17th edn (winner of the Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners’ Book of the Year Award for 2007 (with David Hayton and Paul Matthews)
- The Law of Contribution and Reimbursement (OUP, 2003)
- ‘Recovery of Compound Interest as Restitution or Damages’ (2008) 71 Modern Law Review 290
- ‘Liability Chains’ in Simone Degeling and James Edelman (eds) Restitution in Commercial Law (Thomson, 2008)
- Homepage at the KCL School of Law.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Charles Mitchell — may refer to: Charles E. Mitchell (1877–1955), American banker Charles F. Mitchell (c.1808), U.S. Representative from New York Charles Mitchell (shipbuilder) (1820–1895), British shipbuilder Charles Mitchell (professor), contemporary Professor of … Wikipedia
Charles Mitchell (academic) — Charles Mitchell MA (Oxon) is a Professor of Law at King s College London. He is one of the leading common law experts on unjust enrichment and the law of trusts, and author of two leading textbooks and one practitioner s book. He completed his… … Wikipedia
Mitchell (surname) — Mitchell Family name Meaning 1. form of Michael 2. big 3. equ. of Mulvihill Region of origin England Related names … Wikipedia
Charles Simonyi — Born September 10, 1948 (1948 09 10) (age 63) Budapest, Hungary Nationality … Wikipedia
Charles Thomas — Charles or Chuck Thomas may refer to: Contents 1 Military 2 Politics 3 Science and technology … Wikipedia
Charles Simonyi — en 2006. Nacimiento 10 de septiembre de 1948 63 años … Wikipedia Español
Charles Mingus — Performance for the U.S. Bicentennial, New York City, July 4, 1976. Photo by Tom Marcello Background information Birth name Charles Mingus Jr … Wikipedia
Charles Sturt University — Coat of Arms of Charles Sturt University Motto For the public good Established 1989 Type Public … Wikipedia
Mitchell A. Seligson — Born 1945 Occupation Professor, Vanderbilt University; author Mitchell A. Seligson(born 1945) is the Centennial Professor of Political Science and Professor of Sociology at Vanderbilt University. He founded and directs the Latin American… … Wikipedia
Charles Sanders Peirce — B … Wikipedia