Chapter 6 (band)
Chapter 6 is a professional, all-male, a cappella, vocal ensemble which predominantly tours the United States. Composed of six vocalists and one arranger, Chapter 6 is the only vocal ensemble to win both the International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella (2001) and The National Harmony Sweepstakes (2004). Chapter 6 was featured on American Idol Season 7 in conjunction with bandmate Luke Menard’s “Top 16” run.
Having received numerous A cappella Community Awards, including “Favorite Jazz Group,” Chapter 6 emerged from the collegiate entertainment industry, where The Association for the Promotion of Collegiate Activities’ audiences named the band "Entertainer of the Year" (2005), at the same time the band broke the all-time booking record for the National Association of Campus Activities. Prior to landing an agent, Chapter 6 made its start as the premiere a cappella ensemble at Millikin University in Decatur, Illinois before winning its first competition in 2000.
Since 2004, Chapter 6 has performed in theatrical pops programs with a variety of major metropolitan symphony orchestras in association with the Symphonic Pops Consortium and Maestro Jack Everly.
Their self-produced albums include two collegiate recordings and three professional recordings: “A cappella 101” (1999), “Chapter 6: Live” (2001), “ChristmasTime” (2002), “Swing Shift” (2004) and “With the Windows Down” (2008). Their "Wizard of Oz Medley” earned them a Contemporary A Cappella Recording Award (2005).
In 2008, the band made its Asian debut in Hong Kong.
Chapter 6, based in Illinois, is: Chuck Bosworth, Mark Grizzard, Jarrett Johnson, Luke Menard, John Musick, Nathan Pufall, and A.D. Stonecipher. Luke Menard was in the top 24 for American Idol Season 7, and made it to the top 16 before being eliminated.
- ^ http://www.walsh.edu/news.php?newsid=450
- ^ http://readme.readmedia.com/news/show/Singing-Group-to-Open-CSCs-Galaxy-Series/283481
- ^ http://www.varsityvocals.com/icca/results2001a.html
- ^ http://www.harmony-sweepstakes.com/2004/2004results.html
- ^ http://www.accesshollywood.com/former-american-idol-contender-luke-menard-cancer-free_article_12692
- ^ http://www.acappellanews.com/archive/000941.html
- ^ http://www.auburnmoonagency.com/music/chapter6.html
- ^ http://www.thepilotnews.com/content/view/84363/1/
- ^ http://media.www.utdmercury.com/media/storage/paper691/news/2008/02/11/LifeArts/Chapter.6.Jazzes.Up.A.Capella.Concert-3198790.shtml
- ^ http://www.nac-cna.ca/en/nacnews/viewnews.cfm?ID=1029&cat=catNACO
- ^ http://www.upt.pitt.edu/upt_newspub/Chapter6.htm
- ^ http://www.harding.edu/news_2008/news_chapter6.html
- ^ http://www.chapter6.com/
- ^ http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20081113/ENTERTAINMENT/811130308
- ^ http://www.bcmagazine.net/hk.bcmagazine.issues/bcmagazine_webissue247/03-seven.html
- ^ http://www.obxonstage.com/2008/10/chapter-6-displays-vocal-virtuosity-at-forum.html
- ^ http://www.dailyamerican.com/articles/2008/11/29/news/news/news531.txt
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Chapter Six — refers to a sixth chapter, but the term may also refer to: Chapter VI of the United Nations Charter, the chapter on pacific settlement of disputes Chapter VI (album), an album by Candlemass released in 1992 Chapter 6 (band), a professional a… … Wikipedia
Chapter 13 — In addition to a chapter of a book or other work, Chapter 13 can mean: *Chapter 13, Title 11, United States Code, the provisions of United States bankruptcy law concerning reorganization of debts by individuals. *Chapter 13 (song), a song by the… … Wikipedia
Chapter 14 — Origin San Diego, California, USA Genres Rock, progressive metal, post hardcore Years active 2003–present Associated acts Austrian Death Machine, Destroy The Runner … Wikipedia
Chapter Ahead Being Fake — Cover art for Japanese version EP (split) by Torche and Boris … Wikipedia
Chapter 27 — Theatrical release poster Directed by Jarrett Schaefer Produced by Na … Wikipedia
Chapter & Verse — Compilation album by Magnum Released May 1993 … Wikipedia
Chapter VII: Hope & Sorrow — Studio album by Sevendust Released April 1, 2008 … Wikipedia
Chapter 8 — Origin Detroit, Michigan Genres Detroit soul Years active 1970 80s Labels Ariola Beverly Glen Capitol … Wikipedia
Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken — Studioalbum von HammerFall Veröffentlichung März 2005 Label Nuclear Blast F … Deutsch Wikipedia
Chapter 13 (album) — Chapter 13 Studio album by Gorefest Released February 23, 1998 … Wikipedia