Survivor: All-Stars Genre Reality television Winner Amber Brkich (4–3) No. of episodes 16 No. of days 39 No. of survivors 18 Tribes Chapera
Heroes vs. Villains Rob Mariano,
Redemption Island Rob Mariano Production Location(s) Pearl Islands, Panama Filming dates November 3, 2003
– December 11, 2003
Broadcast Original run February 1, 2004 – May 9, 2004 Chronology Preceded by Survivor: Pearl Islands Followed by Survivor: Vanuatu
Survivor: All-Stars is the eighth season of the United States reality show Survivor. It was filmed in 2003 and debuted in the United States on CBS on February 1, 2004 after Super Bowl XXXVIII. It was set on the Pearl Islands of Panama, where the previous Survivor: Pearl Islands had just finished. The winner of this series was Amber Brkich, whose 4–3 victory over Rob "Boston Rob" Mariano was announced on live television on May 9, 2004. At the end of the series a twist called America's Tribal Council was broadcast live on May 13, 2004. It involved the public voting for whom they wanted to win a second million-dollar prize. When the show was broadcast, Rupert Boneham won the million dollars.
This season was released on DVD on September 14, 2004. The theme song is a mixture of elements/sound effects from the previous 7 seasons (Borneo-Pearl Islands).
Rob Mariano, Rupert Boneham, Colby Donaldson and Jerri Manthey returned to Survivor once again in the show's 20th season, Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains. They finished 13th, 6th, 5th and 4th, respectively. Rob was invited for the fourth time to participate in the 22nd season Survivor: Redemption Island, which he won.
Mark Burnett confirmed that two people turned down formal offers to appear on the All-Stars edition of Survivor — Elisabeth Filarski Hasselbeck from The Australian Outback, who had recently taken a job as a co-host of The View, and Colleen Haskell of the show's premiere season, who "had moved on with her life" and "just genuinely didn't want to go through that again." There has also been speculation that Survivor: Thailand winner Brian Heidik was asked to appear on the show, but he would only do so on the condition that he be paid a substantial sum for his appearance regardless of his standing in the game. Survivor: Pearl Islands winner Sandra Diaz-Twine also confirmed that she turned down an offer to join the show, saying that she was still recovering from parasites that she received at Pearl Islands. Survivor: Marquesas winner Vecepia Towery was pregnant at the time of the show's filming, ruling her out of the game automatically. Jon Dalton has claimed that he also turned down an offer to appear, and Jenna Morasca, winner of Survivor: The Amazon stated that her fellow tribemate Heidi Strobel had also turned down the offer to appear on the show. Burnett jokingly said that "the casting was really, really scientific. I got a yellow legal pad and wrote down 24 names, and [then] cut down to 18. It was that quick."
This season of the series featured the return of eighteen players from previous seasons, divided into tribes: Chapera, Mogo Mogo, and Saboga. Each tribe was named after an island of the Pearl Islands. During the fifth episode Reward Challenge, the Saboga tribe, having lost the challenge, was dissolved and its members divided between the other two tribes. During the period where the tribes had been absorbed, an alliance between Rob M. and Amber (who had formed their own alliance early in the game) and Rupert and Jenna L. formed, which would stay strong until the final four.
Two players voluntarily left the game. Jenna Morasca, fearing for her mother's health, decided to drop out in episode 3 and return to her mother's side; her mother would die eight days later from cancer. Susan "Sue" Hawk also left, distraught in episode six, after an incident during an immunity challenge in which a naked Richard Hatch had a brief but inappropriate bodily contact with her.
With ten players remaining, a tribal switch was held where players drew new buffs out of a bag. In an unorthodox twist of fate, each player simply drew a buff of the opposite tribe color except Amber, with the net effect of having Amber forced into the old Mogo Mogo tribe under the Chapera name. When Chapera lost the next immunity challenge, Rob whispered a deal to Lex to save Amber, promising that he will make it up to him later in the game. This led Lex to convince the rest of Chapera to vote out Jerri instead of Amber. The next day, the remaining players were merged under the tribe name Chaboga Mogo (a combination of the former tribe names Chapera, Saboga, and Mogo Mogo) and Rob found it necessary to vote off Lex, much to the anger of the latter for breaking the deal.
Rob's four-player alliance continued to dominate the rest of the game. When down to five players, Rob, Amber, Rupert, Jenna L., and Big Tom, Rob incited an argument between Rupert and Big Tom, ultimately leading to Big Tom being voted off at the next Tribal Council followed by Rupert. Rob won the final immunity challenge and took Amber into the final two with him. The jury was split, some recognizing that Rob played a strong game to get this far, while others remained bitter over Rob's devious ploys. At the live show, prior to the reading of the votes, Rob proposed to Amber for her hand in marriage, which she accepted. Amber won the final vote, 4-3.
As winner, Amber was given the ability to give a car to another player, and she selected Shii-Ann, considering her to be the swing vote on the jury. Also during the reunion show, contestant Jerri Manthey of Survivor: The Australian Outback attempted to insert herself into the discussion between Big Tom and Boston Rob. She was greeted twice with a resounding round of boos from the 5,000-person audience, resulting in her storming out of the reunion show during a commercial break.
In addition, this remains the only reunion show during which some contestants were seated out of boot order. Sue Hawk, who was the sixth person to leave the game, was seated fourth, in between Jenna Morasca and Rob Cesternino. This was most likely because if the seats would have had stayed in order of the boot list, she would have sat next to Richard Hatch, who precipitated the incident which caused Hawk to leave the game in the first place.
A week later, Rupert was announced as the winner of the "America's Tribal Council" contest, receiving 85% of the 38 million votes cast, winning a million dollars himself.
Contestant Original Tribe Absorbed Tribe Switched Tribe Merged Tribe Finish Total Votes Tina Wesson
42, Knoxville, TN
The Australian Outback
Saboga 1st Voted Out
4 Rudy Boesch
75, Virginia Beach, VA
Saboga 2nd Voted Out
3 Jenna Morasca
22, Bridgeville, PA
Mogo Mogo Quit
0 Rob Cesternino
25, Plainview, NY
Chapera 3rd Voted Out
5 Richard Hatch
42, Middletown, RI
Mogo Mogo Mogo Mogo 4th Voted Out
6 Susan "Sue" Hawk
42, Las Vegas, NV
Chapera Chapera Quit
0 Colby Donaldson
29, Los Angeles, CA
The Australian Outback
Mogo Mogo Mogo Mogo 5th Voted Out
4 Ethan Zohn
30, New York City, NY
Saboga Mogo Mogo 6th Voted Out
6 Jerri Manthey
33, Los Angeles, CA
The Australian Outback
Saboga Mogo Mogo Chapera 7th Voted Out
7 Lex van den Berghe
40, Santa Cruz, CA
Mogo Mogo Mogo Mogo Chapera Chaboga Mogo 8th Voted Out
1st Jury Member
7 Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien
49, Burlington, VT
Mogo Mogo Mogo Mogo Chapera 9th Voted Out
2nd Jury Member
6 Alicia Calaway
35, New York City, NY
The Australian Outback
Chapera Chapera Mogo Mogo 10th Voted Out
3rd Jury Member
7 Shii Ann Huang
29, New York City, NY
Mogo Mogo Mogo Mogo Chapera 11th Voted Out
4th Jury Member
5 Tom Buchanan
48, Saltville, Virginia
Chapera Chapera Mogo Mogo 12th Voted Out
5th Jury Member
4 Rupert Boneham
39, Indianapolis, IN
Saboga Chapera Mogo Mogo 13th Voted Out
6th Jury Member
4 Jenna Lewis
26, Burbank, CA
Saboga Chapera Mogo Mogo 14th Voted Out
7th Jury Member
4 Rob Mariano
27, Canton, MA
Chapera Chapera Mogo Mogo Runner-Up 1 Amber Brkich
25, Beaver, PA
The Australian Outback
Chapera Chapera Chapera Sole Survivor 6
- The Total Votes is the number of votes a castaway has received during Tribal Councils where the castaway is eligible to be voted out of the game. It does not include the votes received during the final Tribal Council.
Episode title Air date Challenges Eliminated Vote Finish Reward Immunity "They're Back!" February 1, 2004 None Chapera Tina 4−2 1st Voted Out
Mogo Mogo "Panicked, Desperate, Thirsty as Hell" February 5, 2004 Saboga1 Chapera Rudy 3−2 2nd Voted Out
Mogo Mogo "Shark Attack" February 12, 2004 Chapera None2 Jenna M. No Vote Quit
"Wipe Out!" February 19, 2004 Chapera Saboga Rob C. 5−1 3rd Voted Out
Saboga Mogo Mogo "I've Been Bamboozled!" February 26, 2004 Mogo Mogo3 Chapera Richard 6−1 4th Voted Out
Chapera3 "Outraged" March 4, 2004 Mogo Mogo4 None Sue No Vote Quit
"Sorry...I Blew It" March 11, 2004 Chapera Colby 3−2 5th Voted Out
Kathy5 "Pick A Tribemate" March 17, 2004 Chapera Chapera Ethan 4−1 6th Voted Out
"A Closer Look" March 24, 2004 Recap Episode "Mad Scramble and Broken Hearts" April 1, 2004 None6 Mogo Mogo Jerri 4−1 7th Voted Out
"Anger, Tears and Chaos" April 8, 2004 Rupert,
Kathy8 Lex 7−2 8th Voted Out
1st Jury Member
Rob M.8 "A Thoughtful Gesture or a Deceptive Plan" April 15, 2004 Alicia,
Rob M.9 Kathy 6−2 9th Voted Out
2nd Jury Member
"Stupid People, Stupid, Stupid People" April 22, 2004 Rupert Shii Ann Alicia 6−1 10th Voted Out
3rd Jury Member
"A Chapera Surprise" April 29, 2004 Tom10
Tom Shii Ann 5−1 11th Voted Out
4th Jury Member
"The Instigator" May 6, 2004 Rob M.
Rob M. Tom 4−1 12th Voted Out
5th Jury Member
"The Sole Surviving All-Star" May 9, 2004 None Amber Rupert 3−1 13th Voted Out
6th Jury Member
Rob M. Jenna L. 1−0 14th Voted Out
7th Jury Member
"The Reunion" May 9, 2004 Jury Vote Rob M. 4−3 Runner-Up Amber Sole Survivor
- In the case of multiple tribes or castaways who win reward or immunity, they are listed in order of finish, or alphabetically where it was a team effort; where one castaway won and invited others, the invitees are in brackets.
^Note 1 : Saboga chose to give some taste of reward to the other two tribes. They gave a flint and pot to all the tribes.
^Note 2 : Since Jenna M. left the game, no immunity challenge and no tribal council were shown during the episode.
^Note 3 : Saboga, having lost the reward challenge, was dissolved with two members sent to each of the Chapera and Mogo Mogo tribes.
^Note 4 : Despite Sue's resignation from the game, a reward challenge was still held.
^Note 5 : The challenge was combined Reward and Immunity. Chapera was able to choose one Mogo Mogo member for their reward. They selected Kathy, who was not permitted to go to tribal council with her tribe.
^Note 6 : A tribe reshuffling took place instead of a reward challenge. Amber was the only one who did not switch tribes, but was left in a tribe otherwise completely made up of former Mogo Mogos.
^Note 7 : Gray is used to indicate that the reward challenge is individual and not tribal. No merge color was given out at this point in the episode.
^Note 8 : The men competed separately from the women for immunity.
^Note 9 : Boston Rob forwent seeing his video from home. He gave everybody their letters from home.
^Note 10 : The remaining contestants were each paid a visit by a family member or friend, who then proceeded to compete in a reward challenge on behalf of their loved one. Tom's son Bucky Bo came away victorious and won the right to stay at the Chaboga Mogo campsite for 24 hours. Tom was also asked to pick another loved one to join them; he picked Mike, Boston Rob's brother.
Episode 1: "They're Back!"
- Immunity Challenge: The contestants would start on floating platforms, and they must dive down to retrieve a raft on the ocean floor. Then they must transport the raft to the beach, and pass and light torches along the way. First two tribes to light their torches and bring the raft to the beach win immunity. This challenge was based on the very first challenge of Survivor: Borneo.
The eighteen All-Stars arrived at Panama already divided into three tribes, Chapera, Mogo Mogo and Saboga. They were only given water canteens to start, and received no information and no fire. The three tribes received maps to their respective camps. When Chapera made it to their camp, they found a well with contaminated water. The tribe decided to focus on building their shelter. Over at Mogo Mogo, the tribe members were scrambling to create alliances. Eventually, they agreed that no one trusted each other, and that they would focus on their camp before alliances. Chapera and Saboga desperately needed fire. At Chapera, Alicia and Boston Rob. were fighting over whether to focus on fire or shelter. After the fight, Boston Rob. formed an alliance with Amber, while Rudy and Rupert formed an alliance at Saboga. At the immunity challenge, Richard decided to do the challenge naked. Chapera took an early lead. Saboga fell behind when Rupert dove to release a raft that was already free. Although Saboga managed to catch up, Chapera and Mogo Mogo won immunity. When Saboga returned to camp, Jenna L. tried to convince Rudy and Rupert to vote out either Ethan or Tina because they have already won in the past. Ethan tried to convince them that it would be a good strategic move to keep a winner around to guarantee a Final 2 victory. With Ethan and Tina voting for Jenna L., and Jenna L. and Jerri voting for Tina, Rudy and Rupert would be the swing votes. In the end, Rudy and Rupert voted for Tina, sending her home in a 4-2 vote.
Episode 2 "Panicked, Desperate, Thirsty as Hell"
- Reward Challenge: The tribes must swim out to retrieve five logs from the ocean. After one log is retrieved, the tribes would lose one member so the final log is carried by only one tribemate. The tribes must then use the logs to build a staircase. First tribe to build their staircase and use it to reach a platform wins reward. This challenge was based on Survivor: Thailand.
- Reward: Prior to the reward challenge, each tribe received a box of rice locked with three padlocks. The winning tribe could choose between blankets, or they could trade their reward for flint, a pot, and a clue to the first key. Should they choose the second option, all three tribes would receive flint and a pot.
- Immunity Challenge: There are three boats at the ocean floor. Each tribe must swim down to retrieve their boat, and then clear the heavy cargo and water out of it. First two tribes to row to the shore and carry their boat over the finish line win immunity. This challenge was based on Survivor: Marquesas.
As it rained heavily over Saboga, the tribe began losing morale. Rudy took the tribes mind off of hunger and thirst by telling them stories from his time in Vietnam. At Mogo Mogo, the tribe had varying reactions as Richard decided to walk around camp naked. The three tribes were shocked to find a box secured with three locks at each of their camps. At the reward challenge, Chapera took an early lead while Saboga fell behind as Rudy struggled with the swimming. However, Saboga pulled ahead as they assembled their staircase and won reward. After the challenge, Jeff explained that the boxes at their camps contained rice. Then he gave Saboga the option of trading their reward for flint, a pot, and a clue to the first key. Should they choose the clue, all three tribes would receive flint and a pot. Saboga chose the clue. At the immunity challenge, Saboga took an early lead, however Chapera and Mogo Mogo pulled ahead by flipping their boat to empty the water, and Chapera and Mogo Mogo ended up winning immunity, sending Saboga to Tribal Council for a second time in a row. After they lost the challenge, the Saboga tribe considered voting out Ethan for being a past winner and Rudy for being the weakest link and for his injured ankle. In the end, Saboga chose to keep their tribe strong, and Rudy was voted out 3–2.
Episode 3: "Shark Attack"
- Reward Challenge: Prior the challenge, each tribe received a box containing supplies from Home Depot. Using the tools provided, each tribe had 24 hours to build a home at their camp. Once the 24 hours is up, Jeff will send a judge to rate the homes on size, strength, and creativity. The winning tribe wins reward.
- Immunity Challenge: Because Jenna M. voluntarily left the game to be with her dying mother, there was no immunity challenge, therefore no Tribal Council was held. This challenge was postponed to three days later.
At Mogo Mogo, Jenna M. was suffering from depression. Meanwhile. Saboga, having lost two immunity challenges, knew they needed to be productive. Rupert caught a fish for his tribe's lunch. At the reward challenge, Chapera elected Boston Rob. as their leader as he had experience with building homes. Meanwhile, at Saboga, Rupert took the leadership role and came up with the idea of a log cabin. However, things got tense as Jerri disagreed with his design. Meanwhile, Mogo Mogo decided to build a treehouse. Colby and Lex worked on Mogo Mogo's home, while Jenna M. and Shii Ann suggested creative touches. However, Colby and Lex weren't interested in the women's ideas, causing a rift between the men and women of Mogo Mogo. The next day, Jeff showed up at each camp with a licensed contractor to judge the homes. The judge inspected all three homes, and decided that Chapera's home was the winner. Chapera received their reward airdropped. After a rainstorm, Jenna M. announced that it was time to go home so she could be with her dying mother. When the tribes arrived at what was supposed to be the immunity challenge, Jenna M. announced that it was bad judgment to become an All-Star, and that she was needed at home. Jeff announced that both the immunity challenge and Tribal Council would be canceled due to Jenna M.'s voluntary leave. Jenna M. then boarded the boat to take her home. Eight days after Jenna M. returned home, her mother died of cancer.
Episode 4: "Wipe Out!"
- Reward Challenge: Each castaway will receive a box containing four items. The goal was to match an item to another castaway's item. The tribe scoring the most matches wins reward. This challenge was based on Survivor: The Amazon.
- Immunity Challenge: One castaway from each tribe would work as a caller to direct their tribemates, who would be blindfolded and teamed up in pairs, in collecting ten large puzzle pieces from a field. Once all of the puzzle pieces were collected, the entire tribe would work together to assemble the puzzle. The first two tribes to complete their puzzle win immunity. The challenge was based on Survivor: Marquesas.
At Chapera, a romantic relationship was developing between Amber and Boston Rob. At Saboga, heavy rainfalls caused flooding in their home, so they had no protection from the storm. After the storm, Mogo Mogo remade their fire and Richard caught three eels for his tribe. At the reward challenge, it came down to Chapera's Alicia who guessed the final item of Jerri's box correctly, giving Chapera another victory. After enjoying their reward, Chapera went out to find their final key. To show his tribe that he could contribute, Rob C. went to dig for the key, however Boston Rob. found the key first. Chapera then enjoyed a meal of rice. At the immunity challenge, the blindfolded castaways were constantly bumping into each other. Saboga finished their puzzle first, and Mogo Mogo placed their last puzzle piece just in time, sending Chapera to their first Tribal Council. After they lost immunity, Alicia, Rob C., and Sue were on the chopping block. The alliance of Amber and Boston Rob. seemed to be in control. Boston Rob. attempted to ease Rob C.'s fear of going home by offering an alliance with him, however Rob C. was skeptical. In the end, Rob C.'s savvy way of playing the game caused his tribe to view him as a threat, and he was voted out unanimously.
Episode 5: "I've Been Bamboozled!"
- Reward Challenge: Prior to the reward challenge, each tribe had to construct a raft out of bamboo poles. The tribes must use their rafts to rescue two tribemates, and then they must paddle out to a buoy to grab a flag. Then they must race their flag to the shore and cross the finish line. First tribe to cross the finish line wins reward. This challenge was based on Survivor: Marquesas.
- Reward: Fishing hooks and a fishing spear, plus a clue to one of the keys to their box of rice. In addition, the losing tribe would be dissolved into the first and second place tribes.
- Immunity Challenge: The castaways must race across balance beams to retrieve tribe-colored flags. When two castaways of opposing tribes met in the middle, they must battle until one falls into the water. First tribe to collect twenty flags wins immunity. This challenge was based on Survivor: Thailand.
The three tribes were surprised to find a bundle of bamboo poles at their camp. They were instructed to construct a raft for the reward challenge out of the bamboo poles. At Saboga, Rupert led his tribe in building a raft that resembled a catamaran. Mogo Mogo chose to keep the bundle of bamboo and not construct a raft at all. At Chapera, Sue chose to urinate on their raft. At the reward challenge, the tribes were shocked when Jeff mentioned the second part of the reward. The losing tribe would be dissovled into the two winning tribes in a schoolyard pick. Mogo Mogo had a slight lead early on, with Chapera in second place. In the end, Mogo Mogo won, with Chapera in second place. In last place, the Saboga members would be dissolved between Chapera and Mogo Mogo. Ethan and Jerri joined Mogo Mogo, while Jenna L. and Rupert joined Chapera. When the two tribes returned to camp, the former Saboga members were impressed with their new homes. At Mogo Mogo, Ethan caught fish for his new tribe, causing some rivalry between him and Richard. At the immunity challenge, Boston Rob lead Chapera to another victory, sending Mogo Mogo to Tribal Council. After they lost immunity, Mogo Mogo planned to vote out Ethan as a past winner. However, Colby changed his mind and felt Ethan would a better asset for the tribe and that Richard was untrustworthy and would tear the tribe apart. Colby and Ethan approached Lex about this plan, and Lex agreed, wanting to take out Richard before a merge. The guys then approached Jerri about the plan to eliminate Richard. Colby tried to make sure Richard had no idea that he was in trouble by assuring him that Ethan would be voted out and that the original Mogo Mogos would stick together. Lex then approached the Kathy and Shii Ann about taking Richard out and although they agreed, they felt it was a mistake and that Colby was becoming too powerful. Jerri tried to target Colby in order to get revenge on him. She told Richard about the plan to eliminate him and proposed that he and the girls team up to take out Colby. Richard agreed and felt confident that the plan to get him out would fail. Kathy soon found herself as a swing vote for she could either side with the guys and eliminate Richard and not ruffle any feathers or go with the girls and try to make a bold game move by sending Colby home. At tribal council, Colby said that some people were flying under the radar and not really trying to make any bold moves. In the end, Colby's plan came to fruition as the girls abandoned the plan and Richard was sent home in a unanimous 6-1 vote.
Episode 6: "Outraged"
- Reward Challenge: The tribes must use a balance beam to stomp food items into the air. The goal was for the castaways to all of their tribe's food items into their tribe's basket. First tribe to have all their food items in the basket wins reward. This challenge was based on Survivor: Africa.
- Reward: All the items launched into the basket, plus shish kabobs.
- Immunity Challenge: Because Sue voluntarily left the game due to the incident with Richard at the previous immunity challenge, there was no immunity challenge, therefore no Tribal Council was held.
At Chapera, Rupert became the tribe's provider by catching fish. At Mogo Mogo, there was tension between Colby and Shii Ann due to comments at the previous Tribal Council. Colby was annoyed by Shii Ann's method of flying under the radar. Meanwhile, Sue's tribemates got concerned when she became increasingly upset regarding Richard's brief, but inappropriate bodily contact with her at the previous challenge. Feeling vulnerable, Amber and Boston Rob formed an alliance with former Saboga members Jenna L. and Rupert. Prior to the reward challenge, Jeff asked Sue about the incident at the previous challenge, causing to be enraged. Sue said that she couldn't take it anymore and quit the game. After Sue's departure, the tribes chose to go on with the reward challenge. Chapera took an early lead as Tom landed a bag into a basket on his first try. However Jenna L. struggled, causing Mogo Mogo to pull ahead and win the challenge. Sue's departure lead to some discussion on both tribes. Chapera agreed to stick together to the end, and shared a moment for Sue. Due to Sue's departure, there was no immunity challenge nor Tribal Council.
Episode 7: "Sorry...I Blew It"
- Reward/Immunity Challenge: The castaways would start on floating platforms. One at a time, the castaways must swim to retrieve designated floating puzzle pieces. Once all puzzle pieces are gathered, they must assemble them to form a boat, which they must paddle to shore. One tribe member must then run through the jungle to raise a flag and retrieve additional paddles. The tribes must then race back to their floating platform. First tribe to arrive at their platform wins reward.
- Reward: Immunity, plus a barbecue feast, beer and dessert. In a twist, the winning tribe must kidnap a member of the losing tribe to join them on the reward. The kidnapped castaway would also be immune from vote.
At Mogo Mogo, Jerri awoke with complaints, annoying her tribemates. After receiving Tree Mail, Chapera discussed their chances of winning the challenge. Rupert motivated his tribe by giving them an inspirational speech. At the reward/immunity challenge, Jerri caused Mogo Mogo to fall behind by struggling to unclip a puzzle piece. However, Mogo Mogo pulled ahead when they assembled their puzzle more quickly. However, in the jungle, Rob M. was able to untie the paddles faster than Ethan , leading Chapera to a victory. In a twist, Chapera had to kidnap a member of the losing tribe to join them on the reward. They chose Kathy, who also became immune from vote. At the reward, the Chaperas attempted to convince Kathy that in the event of a merge, it would be in her best interest to flip on Mogo Mogo. When Mogo Mogo returned to camp, Ethan blamed himself for the loss and felt concerned that due to his performance that the tribe would see no reason to keep him around. Ethan felt his best chance was to target Jerri. Colby and Ethan conspired to vote out Jerri, with the approval of Lex. However, Lex felt that this was the perfect opportunity to make a bold move by taking out Colby as he felt his mistake in Africa was not making a big move. Lex then approached Jerri, mentioning that Colby was the biggest threat. Jerri was more than happy to send him home, as she still felt ill feelings towards Colby for his betrayal on her back in Australia. Lex then approached Shii Ann about the plan as well. Shii Ann agreed but had second thoughts as she was getting tired of Jerri's constant complaining and her laziness. In the end, Shii Ann sided with Lex and Jerri and Colby was blindsided by a 3-2 vote.
Episode 8: "Pick A Tribemate"
- Reward Challenge: Each castaway would face off with a castaway of the same gender on the opposing tribe. First person to hit the water would be out of the challenge, and the winner would score a point for their tribe. First tribe to score five points wins reward. This challenge was based on Survivor: The Amazon.
- Reward: Should Chapera win, they would be given Mogo Mogo's grill, a bag of their rice, and their Hawaiian sling. Should Mogo Mogo win, they would be given Chapera's blanket, parachute, and tarp.
- Immunity Challenge: The castaways must face off with members of the other tribe using weapons, blowguns, and spears to hit targets. The final round would be between one member from each tribe. Each finalist receives a bow and arrow, with the number of arrows determined by how many hits their tribe got in the first round. Once all the arrows are used, the person with their arrow closest to the target's center wins immunity for their tribe. This challenge was based on Survivor: The Amazon.
During a rainstorm, Kathy returned to Mogo Mogo from her reward with the Chapera tribe while her tribe was at Tribal Council. Kathy attempted to build a fire. As morning came, the tribes received Tree Mail instructing them to choose one ambassador to go to the other tribe's camp. Mogo Mogo chose Kathy, who had already built a relationship with Chapera. A draw determined that Jenna L. from Chapera would be sent to Mogo Mogo. When Jenna L. and Kathy arrived at the opposing camps, they learned that they would choose three items that their tribe would receive should they win reward. Jenna L. chose Mogo Mogo's grill, a bag of their rice, and their Hawaiian sling. Kathy chose Chapera's blanket, parachute and tarp. At the reward challenge, Mogo Mogo took an early lead as Shii Ann outlasted Alicia. However, Chapera tied when Boston Rob outlasted Lex. In the end, Amber outlasted Kathy and scored the fifth and final point for Chapera. When Chapera, returned to camp, they celebrated their new tools, and Amber and Rob M. shared their first kiss. At the immunity challenge, Jerri was the only castaway to hit the target with a blowgun. The final round consisted of Mogo Mogo's Jerri and Chapera's Boston Rob. Boston Rob lead Chapera to another victory. After Mogo Mogo lost immunity, Lex formed an alliance to outlast Ethan. Lex decided to tell Ethan that he was going home next, which angered Ethan, who attempted to form an alliance to outlast Jerri. In the end, Ethan's attempt to target Jerri was unsuccessful, and he was voted out unanimously 4-1.
Episode 9: "Mad Scramble and Broken Hearts"
- Reward Challenge: There was no reward challenge due to the tribal swap.
- Immunity Challenge: The tribes must answer questions about Survivor from season one to season seven. First tribe to answer ten questions correctly wins immunity.
At Chapera, Rupert and Tom woke up early to work. Tom decided to go fishing for the first time and caught a fish. After losing three immunity challenges in a row, the morale at Mogo Mogo was low. The tribes received Tree Mail with paint in the color of their tribe. Mogo Mogo decided to save the paint, while the Chapera tribe used it to paint each other's bodies. As the tribes assembled for a reward challenge, they were shocked to find out that there would be no challenge. Members of Chapera and Mogo Mogo were instructed to pair off and enjoy a picnic. After the castaways completed their picnic, they thought that they were going to merge. However, they were shocked to find out that they were actually switching tribes. The castaways were instructed to draw a random buff from a vase. By chance, each castaway was switched to the opposite tribe, with the exception of Amber, who remained on the Chapera tribe with the four former Mogo Mogo tribe members. With Amber now on the opposing tribe, Boston Rob was upset to be separated from her. The new Chapera tribe, consisting of the entire former Mogo Mogo tribe and Amber, was impressed by their new camp. The new Mogo Mogo tribe, consisting entirely of former Chapera tribe members, was disappointed with their new home. Prior to the immunity challenge, Boston Rob expressed his desire to go the final two with Amber and would do whatever it would take to get her there. Rob decided that he needed to make a big move that would affect everybody. At the immunity challenge, the score was even until Mogo Mogo answered a question incorrectly. However, Mogo Mogo pulled ahead and evened the score. With the scores tied at 10-10, the castaways were asked a tiebreaker question. The castaways were asked to list the first castaways voted out in the first seven seasons. Chapera answered six out of seven correctly, however Mogo Mogo got all seven correct, winning immunity. As the tribes gathered to return to their camps, As Chapera left, Boston Rob approached Lex and offered him a deal, "You take care of her, I'll take care of you." Lex promised that he would do his best. When Chapera returned to camp, it came down to Amber, as the only former Chapera member on the tribe, and Jerri, who was on the chopping block previously due to her perceived lack of work ethic. Amber lobbied Kathy to save her, while Jerri lobbied Lex. In the end, Lex stayed true to his deal with Boston Rob, and Jerri was voted out 4-1.
Episode 10: "Anger, Tears and Chaos"
- Reward Challenge: This challenge was a Survivor version of musical chairs. The castaways must dive underwater to retrieve a colored pot. Castaways without a pot would be eliminated from the challenge until there are only three left. The last three would then race to the shore carrying a heavy crate. First castaway to carry their crate across the finish line wins reward. The challenge was based on Survivor: Marquesas
- Reward: A night at a spa along with a feast and a massage.
- Immunity Challenge: The men and the women competed separately for immunity. The first round is a competition to determine who can hold their breath underwater the longest. Two men and two women would move on the final round, where they must swim underwater to release ten buoys. The first man and the first woman to release ten buoys win immunity. This challenge was based on the first individual immunity challenge of Survivor: Borneo.
After Amber was switched to the opposing tribe, Boston Rob was worried that she may have been voted out. Knowing that his closest ally could be out of the game, he formed an alliance with Alicia. When the tribes gathered for the reward challenge, Boston Rob was relieved to see that Amber was spared. During the reward challenge, Lex, Boston Rob and Rupert moved on to the final round, and Rupert was the first to cross the finish line, winning reward. Rupert chose Amber and Jenna L. to join him on the reward. As the tribes gathered for the immunity challenge, Amber, Jenna L. and Rupert were dropped off by helicopter. Jeff then announced that the tribes were merging, and that they would live at the old Saboga camp. They were given new blue buffs, as well as two Hawaiian slings and a tarp. The castaways chose the name "Chaboga Mogo" for the merged tribe by combining the names of the three original tribes. Lex approached Boston Rob about his deal. Boston Rob promised to keep him safe, however later revealed that he never had any intention of keeping his deal with Lex and that it was all a game so that Amber could stay. Boston Rob then approached Amber to tell her that Lex was going next. Amber was hesitant, as she had promised Lex and Kathy that Boston Rob and her would be the final four. Amber didn't want to break her word just yet and tried to convince Rob that they should play it safe by eliminating Jenna or Rupert but Boston Rob felt that Lex was too big of a threat to keep around. At the immunity challenge, Amber and Kathy moved on to the final round, along with Lex and Boston Rob. Amber struggled to unhook the seventh buoy, allowing Kathy to pull ahead and win immunity. Lex had a lead, however he struggled to unhook the final buoy, allowing Boston Rob make a comeback and win immunity. When Chaboga Mogo returned to camp, Kathy and Lex were skeptical about Boston Rob's deal. Lex felt that he had a made a potential game-ending blunder by sending Jerri home instead of Amber. Lex's worst fears were realized as Boston Rob bluntly told Lex that the original Chaperas would be sticking together and the he was their target at tribal council. Kathy was also upset at Boston Rob for going back on his word. Extremely angry, Lex yelled at Boston Rob that he had compromised his numbers at the merge by honoring his word with Boston Rob. Boston Rob realized that had Jerri stayed and Amber went, Big Tom may have possibly switched sides. Kathy felt that Lex didn't deserve to go and considered giving her immunity to Lex and sacrificing herself so that Lex would have another chance to take Boston Rob out. In the end, Kathy kept her immunity and Lex was voted out 7-2 for being the physically strongest Mogo Mogo in the merge and became the first member of the jury.
Episode 11: "A Thoughtful Gesture or a Deceptive Plan"
- Reward/Immunity Challenge: The castaways would compete in two teams of four to navigate through an obstacle course. The must fight through twigs, navigate a series of balance beams, and participate in a belly crawl. Then they must climb a 10-foot wall, build a bridge and cross it, use a rope ladder to climb to a tower and cross a rope bridge. One team member must wait while the rest descend a ladder and dig out a buried flag. Once the flag is dug up, the one left waiting must zip down a line to grab a key. They must use the key to unlock a gate, allowing the team members to pass through and cross the finish line. First team to cross the finish line wins reward. Then the winning four must compete against each other for immunity. Each team member must complete slide puzzle. First castaway to slide out their knife and cut a rope to raise a flag wins immunity.
- Reward: The winning team would receive letters from home as well as rain parkas. The castaway that wins immunity gets a chance to watch a video from home while enjoying hot chocolate.
As Chaboga Mogo returned from Tribal Council, heavy rainfall had reduced their fire significantly. When the castaways gathered for a challenge, they were shocked to hear that it would be for reward and immunity. The castaways were given a taste of the videos from home. The teams for the challenge were Alicia, Amber, Boston Rob, and Shii Ann versus Jenna L., Kathy, Rupert, and Tom. Alicia's team took an early lead and won the reward. Boston Rob quickly solved the puzzle to slide his knife out, and chopped the rope to raise his flag, winning immunity. Boston Rob chose to forgo seeing his video so everybody could receive letters from home. After everyone finished reading their letters from home, Kathy attempted to break the Chapera alliance by telling Rupert and Tom that Amber, Jenna L., and Boston Rob wouldn't allow anyone else to reach the final three. In the end, Kathy's efforts to break the Chapera alliance failed, and she was voted out 6-2, becoming the second member of the jury.
Episode 12: "Stupid People, Stupid, Stupid People"
- Reward Challenge: At the challenge site, there were a set of masks for each castaway. Each castaway must fill out a questionnaire that asks personal information and private opinions on others. Then they must vote on what they think the most common answer would be. Each castaway who answers a question correctly would be allowed to cut a section of rope connected to the swinging log of the castaway they wanted eliminated. Three cuts of the rope would send the logs smashing into the mask. Last person left with their mask intact wins reward.
- Reward: All the castaways would go to a restaurant. The winner must choose what each castaway would eat at the restaurant.
- Immunity Challenge: Each castaway would stand on a post directly under a bucket of water connected to their wrists. When a castaway drops their hand, they get poured on and are eliminated from the challenge. Last dry castaway wins immunity.This Challenge was based on Survivor: Africa.
As the castaways returned from Tribal Council, Shii Ann, the last ex-Mogo Mogo left in the game knew she was on the chopping block. She lobbied Boston Rob to keep her in the game and failed. At the reward challenge, Boston Rob was found to be the most trustworthy, and Shii Ann and Tom each took a hit. The castaways thought that Alicia and Shii Ann were the least deserving of being an All-Star, and Tom was out of the challenge. After Alicia, Jenna L., and Shii Ann were eliminated, the castaways found out that Alicia was voted "most likely to be under the false assumption that she was smart", upsetting Alicia. When Rob M. was eliminated, it came down to Amber and Rupert. Both answered a question correctly, however Rupert was already ahead and won reward. After returning to camp, Alicia was upset at what she found out at the challenge. As the castaways arrived at the restaurant, Rupert chose a steak for himself, a cheeseburger for Rob M., a hot dog for Jenna L., a sandwich for Amber, a salad for Alicia, potatoes for Tom, leaving Shii Ann with cold rice. After returning from the restaurant, Shii Ann attempted to form an alliance with Alicia and failed. At the immunity challenge, Amber and Jenna L. fell out early, with Alicia and Tom following. Rob M. moved his arm to swat at an insect, and only Rupert and Shii Ann remained. After Rupert was eliminated, Shii Ann won immunity, forcing the ex-Chapera alliance to vote out one of their own. After the castaways returned to camp, the Chapera alliance knew they had to turn on one of their own. Rob M. began to worry that Amber may be playing him. However, Rob M.'s fears proved untrue, as Alicia was voted out 6-1 and became the third member of the jury.
Episode 13: "A Chapera Surprise"
- Reward Challenge: The All-Stars' loved ones will participate in the challenge instead of the All-Stars. The loved ones must eat types of indigenous foods from past seasons. Each round will feature a different food item, with the loved one that finishes last being eliminated from the challenge. Last loved one left wins reward.This Challenge was based on Survivor: Thailand.
- Reward: A night with their loved one at the old Chapera camp.
- Immunity Challenge: The goal of this challenge is to ignite the top of a "teeter-totter tower". East castaway must gather firewood and use matches to start a fire in one bucket. Then they must fill a bucket on the opposite side of the teeter-totter with water. To make things more difficult, the water bucket will have a hole in it. First castaway to ignite their tower wins immunity. The challenge was based on Survivor: The Australian Outback.
As the castaways gathered for the reward challenge, they were excited to see their loved ones. Jeff shocked the castaways when he announced that the loved ones would participate in the challenge instead of the All-Stars. Amber's mother was eliminated first, followed by Shii Ann's mother and Rupert's wife. Jenna L.'s brother broke the rules by drinking water during a tarantula dish. It was down to Rob M.'s brother and Tom's son. Tom's son quickly ate the final item, winning reward. Tom was offered the chance to invite one other castaway and their loved one to join them. He chose Rob M. and his brother to join him. When Rob M. and Tom arrived at the old Chapera camp with their loved ones, there with beer and pizza waiting for them. Rob M. and Tom both discussed their strategies privately to their loved one. When the four men returned to the Chaboga Mogo camp, the loved ones were put to work. Tom's son helped out, however broke the tribe's fishing spear, which upset Rupert. Rob M.'s brother wanted to relax. At the immunity challenge, it came down to Shii Ann and Tom. Tom's fire ignited the fuse first, securing him immunity. After returning the camp, Shii Ann attempted to break the Chapera alliance. She lobbied Amber, Rupert, and Tom to vote out Jenna L., giving her some comfort. In the end, Shii Ann's lobbying proved ineffective, as she was voted out 5-1.
Episode 14: "The Instigator"
- Reward Challenge: The castaways must cross a long balance beam, with the last to cross being eliminated from the challenge. The last four must then do a military crawl to a slide puzzle, with the last to finish the puzzle being eliminated from the challenge. The last three must then stomp an item from a balance beam into a raised bucket three times, with the last one to complete the round being eliminated. The last two must then climb a rope ladder to catch a flying fox. First castaway to jump off the flying fox and grab a set of keys wins reward.
- Immunity Challenge: The castaways must search through a bundle of letters for a list of all the past Survivor tribes. The seventeen tribe names will intersect and share letters. Once all the tribe names are found, the castaways must unscramble the intersecting letters to form a winning word, which turned out to be "Chaboga Mogo". First castaway to unscramble the winning word wins immunity.
Jenna L. and Rupert discussed their alliance, and talked about voting out Rob M. As they were strategizing, Rob M. appeared and got paranoid. The reward challenge came down to Amber and Rob M., however Rob M. climbed the rope ladder more quickly, winning a brand new Chevrolet Colorado and a trip to a drive-in film. Rob M. had a chance to bring one other castaway with him on the reward. He chose Amber. As Amber and Rob M. arrived at the drive-in, Amber was excited to receive a reward of her own, a brand new Chevrolet Malibu. When Amber and Rob M. returned to camp, Rob M. got more paranoid when he saw Rupert and Tom going to talk privately. Feeling vulnerable, Rob M. managed to turn Rupert and Tom against each other. At the immunity challenge, Rob M. figured out the final word before Amber, winning immunity. After the immunity challenge, the final five made sure their alliances were still intact. Amber got worried that Tom would join Jenna L. and Rupert to vote her off. Amber and Rob M. formed an alliance with Tom to vote out Jenna L. In the end, Tom stayed true to his word and voted for Jenna L., however Amber and Rob M. did not stay true to their word, and Tom was voted out 4-1, becoming the fifth member of the jury.
Episode 15: "The Sole Surviving All-Star"
- Immunity Challenge: The final four castaways must navigate through a maze and avoid several obstacles. At the end of each corridor would be a rung for a ladder. The castaways must collect eight rungs in order to climb up to a tower. First castaway to assemble their ladder and climb to the top of their tower wins immunity. This challenge was based on Survivor: The Amazon.
Amber and Rob M. lobbied Jenna L. to vote out Rupert, saying that she doesn't have a chance to beat Rupert. The final four were awakened by Jeff, who landed on their beach with a breakfast of eggs, bacon, mimosas, and pancakes. He also gave them a camera and a scrapbook. Amber and Jenna L. discussed Jenna L.'s position in the game. She could vote for Amber or Rob M. - whichever one doesn't win immunity, causing a tie between one of them and Rupert, or she could vote with Amber and Rob M. to eliminate Rupert. At the immunity challenge, Jenna L. fell behind early, while Rob M. got confused and fell behind later on. It was between Amber and Rupert. Amber climbed to the tower first, winning immunity. After the immunity challenge, Jenna L. knew she had to either vote out her closest ally Rupert, or cause a tie and let a colored rock determine her fate. In the end, Jenna L. voted for Rupert, who became the sixth member of the jury.
- Immunity Challenge: The final three castaways must balance themselves barefoot on a post while holding onto an idol with one hand. Any castaway who moves either foot off the post or touched the idol with their free hand will be eliminated from the challenge. Last castaway left standing wins immunity. This challenge was based on the final immunity challenge of Survivor: Borneo.
Jeff woke up the final three and gave them a map to follow. They first went to a decoration stand filled with jewelry and paint and decorated themselves to resemble Pearl Islands tribesmen. Their trek then continued with the traditional path of the fallen castaways' torches and led them to the final immunity challenge. At the immunity challenge, Jenna L. was eliminated after two hours. After Jenna L. was eliminated, Amber tried to convince Rob M. to let her win immunity, however Rob M. wanted to finish the challenge fair and square. Amber accidentally touched the idol with her free hand, giving Rob M. immunity. Rob M. made it clear that he was voting out Jenna L., however Amber was still a bit paranoid. In the end, Rob M. kept his word and voted out Jenna L., propelling him and Amber to the final two.
On their final night, Amber and Rob M. prepared to meet the jury the next day. With the camp to themselves for the first time, Amber and Rob M. enjoyed romantic moments. At the final Tribal Council, Rob M. defended his actions as part of the game. Amber admitted that her position in the final two was partly due to luck and riding of Rob M.'s coattails. The jurors made emotional statements, with many jurors angry at Rob M. for his deception. In the end, the jury crowned Amber Sole Survivor in a 4-3 vote.
Original Tribes Absorbed Tribes Switched
Merged Tribe Episode #: 1 2 311 4 5 612 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Eliminated: Tina
Voter Vote Amber Rob C. Jerri Lex Kathy Alicia Shii Ann Tom Rupert Rob M. Rob C. Lex Kathy Alicia Shii Ann Tom Rupert Jenna L. Jenna L. Tina Rudy Lex Kathy Alicia Shii Ann Tom Rupert Rupert Tina Ethan Lex Kathy Alicia Shii Ann Tom Rob M. Tom Rob C. Lex Kathy Alicia Shii Ann Jenna L. Shii Ann Richard Colby Ethan Jerri Lex Amber Alicia Amber Alicia Rob C. Lex Kathy Rupert Kathy Richard Kidnap13 Ethan Jerri Amber Amber Lex Richard Colby Ethan Jerri Amber Jerri Tina Rudy Richard Colby Ethan Amber Ethan Jenna L. Rudy Richard Jerri Jerri Colby Richard Jerri Sue Rob C. Richard Colby Rob C. Alicia Jenna M. Rudy Tina Ethan Tina Jenna L. Jury vote Finalist: Rob M.
Juror Vote Jenna L. Rob M. Rupert Rob M. Tom Amber Shii Ann Amber Alicia Amber Kathy Rob M. Lex Amber
^Note 11 : Jenna M. quit the game on day 9 to return home to her dying mother, therefore no vote occurred for her removal from the game.
^Note 12 : Sue quit the game on day 17 after an incident with Richard a few days prior that left her, in Sue's words, "violated, humiliated, dehumanized and spent." Therefore, no vote occurred for her removal from the game.
^Note 13 : Kathy abstained from the vote, as she was chosen to enjoy the reward with the Chapera tribe.
- ^ http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/02/19/earlyshow/series/survivor/main601128.shtml
- ^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH8WpsTPkpI
- ^ http://www.survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/23871?page=47
- ^ http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271%7C85851%7C1%7C,00.html
- ^ http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article4471.art&page=1
Super Bowl lead-out program
Survivor U.S. versionBorneo (2000) · The Australian Outback (2001) · Africa (2001-02) · Marquesas (2002) · Thailand (2002) · The Amazon (2003) · Pearl Islands (2003) · All-Stars (2004) · Vanuatu (2004) · Palau (2005) · Guatemala (2005) · Panama (2006) · Cook Islands (2006) · Fiji (2007) · China (2007) · Micronesia (2008) · Gabon (2008) · Tocantins (2009) · Samoa (2009) · Heroes vs. Villains (2010) · Nicaragua (2010) · Redemption Island (2011) · South Pacific (2011) U.S. winners Related articles International
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
WWE All Stars — Éditeur THQ Concepteur THQ Début du projet J … Wikipédia en Français
Survivor: The Australian Outback — Genre Reality television Winner Tina Wesson (4 3) No. of episodes 15 No. of da … Wikipedia
Survivor: Pearl Islands — Genre Reality television Winner Sandra Diaz Twine (6 1) No. of episodes 14 No. of … Wikipedia
Survivor (Estados Unidos) — Survivor [[Archivo:Archivo:1. Survivor.jpg|250px]] Título Survivor Género Reality Creado por Charlie Parsons Presentado por Jeff Probst País de origen … Wikipedia Español
Survivor: Marquesas — Genre Reality television Winner Vecepia Towery (4 3) No. of episodes 13 N … Wikipedia
Survivor: Thailand — Genre Reality television Winner Brian Heidik (4 3) No. of episodes 14 No. of days … Wikipedia
Survivor: The Amazon — Genre Reality television Winner Jenna Morasca (6 1) No. of episodes 14 No. of days … Wikipedia
Survivor: Vanuatu — Genre Reality television Winner Chris Daugherty (5–2) No. of episodes 14 No. of days … Wikipedia
Survivor (TV series) — Survivor is a popular reality television game show format produced in many countries throughout the world. In the show, contestants are isolated in the wilderness and compete for cash and other prizes. The show uses a progressive elimination,… … Wikipedia
Survivor (USA) — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Survivor Título Survivor Género Reality Creado por Charlie Parsons Presentado por Jeff Probst País de origen … Wikipedia Español