Certified Securities Investment Advisor
Certified Securities Investment Advisor Hangul 증권투자상담사 Hanja 證卷投資商談師 Revised Romanization Jeunggwon Tuja Sangdamsa McCune–Reischauer Chŭnggwŏn T'uja Sangdamsa
In South Korea, a Certified Securities Investment Advisor (CSIA) is a certified professional permitted to offer investment advice to clients and to accept purchase and sale orders for certain financial products on their behalf. The products which CSIAs are permitted to handle include stocks, bonds, mutual funds, beneficiary certificates, and equity-linked warrants; however, the handling of futures, options, and over-the-counter derivatives is reserved for Certified Derivatives Investment Advisors. As of 2010[update], there were 111,214 registered CSIAs.
To become a CSIA, one must pass the qualifying examination offered by the Korea Institute of Financial Investment, an arm of the Korea Financial Investment Association (KOFIA). In July 2008 (the 69th sitting of the examination), 16,117 candidates took the examination, of whom 5,687 (35%) passed. Among the examinees, 894 were employees of securities firms, while the remaining 4,793 were university students or other ordinary people. Younger people are also known to take the examination; for example, in July 2011, an 11-year old primary school student passed the examination and became the youngest CSIA ever.
- ^ a b 이석호 — Yi Seok-ho (2011-03-16), "광주여상 아름다운 도전 — A beautiful challenge for Gwangju Girls' Commercial High School", Gwangnam Ilbo, http://www.gwangnam.co.kr/news/news_view.htm?idxno=2011031611413159557, retrieved 2011-09-11
- ^ Korea Securities Market 2010, Research and International Affairs Department, Korea Financial Investment Association, 2010, p. 332, http://www.kofia.or.kr/kofia/FILE_TEMP/store/470B483E-0C19-0F34-0A2A67597BFFC9A7/CMK%202010%20Final.pdf, retrieved 2011-09-11
- ^ 이율 — Yi Yul (2008-07-23), "증권투자상담사 자격시험 5천687명 합격 — 5,687 pass Certified Securities Investment Advisor qualifying examination", Maeil Business Newspaper, http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?sc=30000019&cm=%EC%A6%9D%EA%B6%8C%20%EC%A3%BC%EC%9A%94%EA%B8%B0%EC%82%AC&year=2008&no=458744&selFlag=&relatedcode=&wonNo=&sID=502, retrieved 2011-09-11
- ^ 김동민 — Kim Dong-min (2011-07-06), "증권투자상담사 최연소 합격한 초등생 — Youngest primary school student to ever qualify as Certified Security Investment Advisor", Korea Economic Daily, http://news.hankyung.com/201107/2011070647761.html?ch=news, retrieved 2011-09-11
- (Korean) Introduction on KOFIA's website
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Registered Investment Advisor — Investment Advisor (IA) is a non formal designation describing a person or firm in the United States who has registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission or state regulatory agency (where the primary business is situated or… … Wikipedia
Investment management — is the professional management of various securities (shares, bonds etc.) and assets (e.g., real estate), to meet specified investment goals for the benefit of the investors. Investors may be institutions (insurance companies, pension funds,… … Wikipedia
Certified Financial Planner — The Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation is a professional certification mark for financial planners conferred by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) in the United States, Financial Planning Standards… … Wikipedia
Fee-Only financial advisor — Fee Only financial advisors in the USA, as defined by the review materials for the Certified Financial Planner exam and the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors, are compensated solely by the client, typically achieved through a… … Wikipedia
Financial Management Advisor — The Financial Management Advisor (FMA) is a made in Canada professional designation of the Canadian Securities Institute (CSI), the official educator of the Canadian securities industry. The FMA is a personal financial planning designation… … Wikipedia
Oklahoma Department of Securities — Great Seal of Oklahoma Agency overview Formed 1959 Headquarters 12 … Wikipedia
Financial adviser — Personal finance Credit and debt Pawnbroker Student loan Employment contract Salary Wage Em … Wikipedia
Financial planner — A financial planner or personal financial planner is a practicing professional who helps people deal with various personal financial issues through proper planning, which includes but is not limited to these major areas: cash flow management,… … Wikipedia
First Affirmative Financial Network — Infobox Company company name = First Affirmative Financial Network company company type = Private company slogan = For your future and the future we share foundation = 1987 location = key people = George Gay, CEO Steve Schueth, President Kathleen … Wikipedia
David Lucca — David A. Lucca Born April 6, 1957 (1957 04 06) (age 54) Residence Lancaster, Pennsylvania Nationality American Education … Wikipedia