International Requirements Engineering Board
The International Requirements Engineering Board (IREB) was founded in Fürth in Germany in October 2006. IREB e.V. is as a legal entity based in Germany.
The IREB is responsible for the international qualification scheme called "Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering (CPRE)". The qualifications are based on a syllabus and guidelines for accreditation and examination.
It is the IREB's role to support a single, universally accepted, international qualification scheme, aimed at requirements engineering for professionals, by providing the core syllabi and by setting guidelines for accreditation and examination.
The contents of each syllabus are taught as courses by training providers, which have been acknowledged by IREB. They are globally marketed under the brand name "Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering".
Each course is concluded by an examination covering the contents of the syllabus. After the examination, each successful participant receives the "Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering" certificate.
The accreditation process and certification are regulated by the steering committee of IREB.
The steering committee of IREB is built out of the personal members of IREB. Personal members of the IREB are international experts in requirements engineering from universities, economy and education.
The personal members de:Klaus Pohl (Informatiker) and de:Chris Rupp are authors of the book  as reference teaching book to prepare the exam "Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering" in foundation level.
Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering
The IREB Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering is a standardized qualification for requirements engineers and business analysts. The certification is based on a multiple-choice exam covering the freely available syllabus. The Foundation Level exam has no pre-requisites. The education program is offered in 10 countries (date: December 2008).
As of October 2011, there were over 6,000 IREB Certified Professionals for Requirements Engineering worldwide.
The exam for the Foundation Level has a theoretical nature and requires knowledge especially in the field of requirements engineering with focus on, but not exclusively for, the specification of software products.
The IREB Syllabus for the Foundation Level of the IREB Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering sets the following priorities:
- The focus is on acquiring the necessary practical knowledge and learning the basic concepts in requirements engineering, with reinforcement through practical exercises. There is no intention of presenting the complete theoretical framework or current and future research activities.
- The Foundation Level seeks to convey fundamentals that are equally valid for any domain, e.g. for embedded systems, security systems, classic information systems, etc. In addition, the training can cover the suitability of the presented approaches for the various domains based on their special characteristics. However, it is not a goal to present specific requirements engineering for a given domain.
- The syllabus is not based on a specific procedural model and an associated process model that stipulate the planning, control and order of carrying out the learned concepts in actual practice. No specific requirements engineering or even software engineering process is emphasized.
- The syllabus defines necessary knowledge of a requirements engineer. However, it does not elaborate on the exact interfaces between this field and other software engineering disciplines and processes. Nor is any attempt made to define other roles occurring in IT projects.
- The syllabus does not attempt to convey all methods and techniques that are used in requirements engineering. Rather, the course represents today’s most commonly used set of methods and techniques. Above all, the course intends to inspire attendees to actively gain for more experience in requirements engineering on their own authority
- Suzanne Robertson at Atlantic System Guild
- Prof. Martin Glinz at University Zurich
- Homepage of the International Requirementes Engineering Conference
- Prof. Klaus Pohl at University of Duisburg-Essen
- Homepage of the International Requirements Engineering Board
- Board members of the International Requirements Engineering Board
- Article about the iSQI QMAP certificate (German)
- The iSQI certification page (German)
- Homepage of the Suisse Association for Quality (German)
- Description of the IREB certification schema on SAQ (German)
- USA training provider offering trainings according to the IREB certification schema
- Provider of E-Learning course according to the IREB certification schema
- Pohl, Klaus; Rupp, Chris (2009). Basiswissen Requirements Engineering. Heidelberg: dpunkt Verlag. ISBN 978-3-89864-613-0.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Requirements management — The purpose of Requirements management is to assure the organization leverages to the expectations of its customers, internal or external stakeholders. It focuses on requirements as the element capturing these expectations, and thus, as a focal… … Wikipedia
Engineering education — is the activity of teaching knowledge and principles related to the professional practice of engineering. It includes the initial education for becoming an engineer and any advanced education and specialization that follow. Engineering education… … Wikipedia
Engineering ethics — is the field of applied ethics which examines and sets standards for engineers obligations to the public, their clients, employers and the profession. This article addresses the subject for both professional engineers and other… … Wikipedia
International Council on Systems Engineering — (INCOSE) Type Professional Organization Founded 1990 Location San Diego, California Origins National Council on Systems Engineering (NCOSE) … Wikipedia
International Computers Limited — Former type Private Industry Computer hardware, Computer software Fate Acquired Successor Fujitsu Services Founded 1968 ( … Wikipedia
International School Nido de Aguilas — Colegio Internacional Nido de Aguilas Address Avenida El Rodeo 14200, Lo Barnechea Metropolitana Santiago, Chile Coordinates 33°21 03.61 S 70°30 05.31 W … Wikipedia
International Islamic University, Chittagong — International Islamic University Chittagong (IIUC) ( bn. আন্তর্জাতিক ইসলামী বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় চট্রগ্রাম ) is a private university located in the second largest city of Bangladesh, Chittagong. It was founded in 1995 under the Private Universities Act … Wikipedia
International Education Centre (INTEC), Malaysia — was established in the year of 1982 under the name College of Preparatory Education (KPP). The institution is the place where students, mostly Malaysians, undergo specially prepared programmes before further their study overseas. INTEC as one of… … Wikipedia
International Space Station — ISS redirects here. For other uses, see ISS (disambiguation). International Space Station … Wikipedia
International Academy — Infobox School name = International Academy streetaddress = 1020 E. Square Lake Road city = Bloomfield Hills state = Michigan county = Oakland County zipcode = 48304 1957 country = USA coordinates =… … Wikipedia