Certified management consultant
Certified management consultant (CMC) is an international professional certification for management consulting professionals, awarded by institutes in 46 countries (as of December 2009). The CMC enjoys global reciprocity; consultants certified in one country are recognized in most other countries. The standards for CMC in technical competencies and professional conduct were developed by various of the international associations together with The International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI).
Consultants awarded the CMC designation have demonstrated the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree from a recognized university.
- Three or more (depending on country) years of experience in full-time consulting.
- Owner or employee of a firm in independent practice, or internal consultant in organization meeting the Institute's independence criteria.
- Demonstrated client satisfaction in challenging engagements.
- Produced descriptions of five client engagements, including problems addressed, solutions provided and results achieved.
- Interview by a panel of senior consultants on approaches to and competencies in a range of consulting disciplines.
- Written and oral ethics examinations and adherence to a rigorous code of ethics.
- Commitment to ongoing professional education.
- Renewal of certification every three years.
- Institute of Consulting - Certified Management Consultant (CMC)
- Certified Management Consultant (CMC)
- Certified Management Consultant of India
- Certified Management Consultant of Chinese
- International Council of Management Consultant Institutes (ICMCI)
- CMC Canada
- Accredited website of International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Certified Management Consultant — (CMC) is an international professional certification for Management consulting professionals, awarded by institutes in 44 countries (as of December 2006). CMC in the UK CMC in the UK is awarded by the [http://www.ibconsulting.org.uk Institute of… … Wikipedia
Certified Investment Management Consultant - CIMC — CIMC s have completed extensive course work and passed NASD proctored examinations for Levels I and II of the Institute for Certified Investment Management Consultants course. CIMCs must also meet the Institute s requirements concerning… … Investment dictionary
Management consulting — indicates both the industry and practice of helping organizations improve their performance primarily through the analysis of existing organizational problems and development of plans for improvement. Organizations hire the services of management … Wikipedia
Certified MBA — (CMBA) is a professional certification designed as an objective measure of a student s grasp of the MBA skill set . It is offered by the International Certification Institute; the exams are administered by Prometric. The CMBA focuses on the 10… … Wikipedia
Consultant — For other uses, see Consultant (disambiguation). A consultant (from Latin: consultare to discuss ) is a professional who provides professional or expert advice in a particular area such as management, accountancy, the environment,… … Wikipedia
Certified Business Manager — The Certified Business Manager (CBM) is a credential created and administered by the Association of Professionals in Business Management (APBM)  .[dubious – discuss]. It is designed to [validate] the mastery of business management knowledge,… … Wikipedia
Management — in all business and organizational activities is the act of getting people together to accomplish desired goals and objectives using available resources efficiently and effectively. Management comprises planning, organizing, staffing, leading or… … Wikipedia
Certified Public Accountant — Not to be confused with Certified Accountant. Not to be confused with Certified Practising Accountant. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Type Qualified accountants Industry Accounting and Finance Founded United States Headquarters United States … Wikipedia
Certified Financial Planner — The Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation is a professional certification mark for financial planners conferred by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) in the United States, Financial Planning Standards… … Wikipedia
Certified mortgage planner — Not to be confused with Certified mortgage consultant. In the United States certified mortgage planner is a designation for the purpose of establishing a new professional category in the mortgage sector: one that arose as a response to criticisms … Wikipedia