Certified Business Analysis Professional
The Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) designation is an award from the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) made to Business Analysts who have significant professional experience and have demonstrated sufficient breadth and depth of knowledge by sitting and passing a three-hour exam of 150 questions based on the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK).
Initially launched in North America, the CBAP was a written exam typically run in parallel with the Business Analysis World Symposium. Today it is possible to take this exam electronically, although still in a controlled environment.
As of May 31, 2011, there were 1328 individuals who had been designated Certified Business Analysis Professionals.
Before applying for the CBAP a Business Analyst must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Given the number of topics covered by the BABOK, the exam is only open to experienced Business Analysts, which IIBA deems to be those with at least five years professional experience in a BA role.
- A verifiable 7500 hours of Business Analysis hands-on experience: recorded against individual projects and specific BA activities.
- Education and Training
- Candidates must have achieved a minimum of a high-school qualification, and have had a least twenty-one hours of professional development in areas related to Business Analysis in the last four years.
- Two people must give you adequate references that you are a suitable candidate for the CBAP. These can be your manager, a work colleague, a client, or someone you know who already has the CBAP.
When a Business Analyst has gathered sufficient evidence to demonstrate that they are an appropriate candidate for the CBAP, they can then submit this evidence with an application form and fee. The application fee is $125 USD, and the exam fees are $325 USD for IIBA members, or $450 USD for non-members.
Assuming candidates are successful in gaining the CBAP designation, they have an obligation to abide by the associated Code of Ethics (i.e. comport themselves in a professional manner), and every three years to be recertified (by proving sufficient ongoing professional development).
- ^ "CCBA Designation". http://www.iiba.org/imis15/IIBA/Certification/CCBA_Designation/IIBA_Website/Certification/CCBA_Designation.aspx?hkey=16936d69-2ca1-48f4-ad1a-54bd40bd9df8. Retrieved 03 November 2011.
- ^ "IIBA FAQs". http://www.iiba.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=CBAP_FAQs2&Template=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&ContentID=8873#general. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Certified Information Technology Professional — (CITP) is a Certified Public Accountant recognized for their technology expertise and unique ability to bridge the gap between business and technology. Unlike other certifications that recognize only a narrow scope of skills, the CITP credential… … Wikipedia
Certified Business Analyst — (CBA) oder auch Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) ist ein Titel, der ausschließlich von ISO 9001 genormten und/oder von TÜV geprüften Instituten vergeben wird. Abhängig vom emittierenden Institut kann die Bezeichnung zwischen CBA… … Deutsch Wikipedia
International Institute of Business Analysis — (IIBA) ist eine unabhängige non profit Vereinigung, die sich der Business Analyse widmet. Das Institut wendet sich an Personen, die in der Business Analyse, Systemanalyse, Anforderungsanalyse oder management, Projektmanagement, Beratung,… … Deutsch Wikipedia
International Institute of Business Analysis — The International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) is an independent, non profit association devoted to the profession of the Business Analyst.The activities of the IIBA include contributing to a professional certification of business… … Wikipedia
Business Analyst — (BA) oder Business Process Analyst ist eine Stelle in Unternehmen, welche sich u.a. mit Restrukturierung interner Geschäftsprozesse (insbesondere in Großunternehmen) beschäftigt. Business Analysten führen Aufgaben der Business Analyse aus.… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Professional certification — Professional certification, trade certification, or professional designation, often called simply certification or qualification, is a designation earned by a person to assure qualification to perform a job or task. Many certifications are used… … Wikipedia
Business analyst — The term Business Analyst (BA) is used to describe a person who practices the discipline of business analysis. A business analyst or BA is responsible for analyzing the business needs of their clients to help identify business problems and… … Wikipedia
Certified MBA — (CMBA) is a professional certification designed as an objective measure of a student s grasp of the MBA skill set . It is offered by the International Certification Institute; the exams are administered by Prometric. The CMBA focuses on the 10… … Wikipedia
Certified Management Accountants of Canada — (CMA Canada) Formation May 3, 1920 (1920 05 03) (91 years ago) Legal status … Wikipedia
Professional Engineer — (P.E.) is the term for registered or licensed engineers in some countries who are permitted to offer their professional services directly to the public. The term Professional Engineer and the actual practice of professional engineering is legally … Wikipedia