Sweet Adeline (musical)
Sweet Adeline (musical)=
"Sweet Adeline" is a Broadway musical with music by
Jerome Kern, book and lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein IIand original Orchestration by Robert Russell Bennett. It opened at Hammerstein's Theatre on September 3, 1929, and closed March 22, 1930, after 234 performances.
"Sweet Adeline " was revived in 1997 as part of City Center's "Encores! Great American Musicals in Concert" (artistic director,
Kathleen Marshall) with musical director Rob Fisher and the Coffee Club Orchestra. The revival was directed by Eric D. Schaefferand choreographed by John DeLuca in a concert adaptation by Norman Allen.
*Chistopher Eaton Bailey
*Timothy Robert Blevins
*Eric van Hoven
Casting was by Jay Binder; the scenic consultant,
John Lee Beatty; apparel coordinator, Gregg Barnes; lighting by Howell Binkleyand sound by Bruce Cameron. The production stage manager was Clayton Phillips; and musical coordinator, Seymour "Red" Press.
* [http://www.ibdb.com/show.php?id=8452 Broadway Database entry]
* [http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F60B12FB3D5C14738DDDAD0894D1405B898EF1D3 NY Times review by
Brooks Atkinson, September 4, 1929]
* [http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/review?res=9F00E2D8153DE53ABC4F53DFB766838E629EDE NY Times film review by Andre Sennwald, January 7, 1935]
* [http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B05E0DE103BF937A15756C0A963948260 NY Times review by John S. Wilson, May 24, 1985, of the
Carnegie Halland Town Hall Kern centennial]
* [http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F10613FB3C5D127588DDA00A94DC405B878BF1D3 NY Times review by Robert Berkvist, April 29, 1977, of the Goodspeed Opera House revival]
* [http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9404E3D7173AF932A35755C0A961958260 NY Times review by
Ben Brantley, June 1, 1997, of the Encores!revival]
* [http://www.nycitycenter.org/content/stage/enc_prev.aspx New York City Center webpage for "Encores!" previous seasons]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Sweet Adeline — is a ballad best known as a barbershop standard. It was first published in 1903, with lyrics by Richard H. Gerard to music by Harry Armstrong, from a tune he had written in 1896 at the age of 18. According to a 1928 newspaper story, the lyrics… … Wikipedia
Sweet Adeline — Filmdaten Originaltitel Sweet Adeline Produktionsland USA … Deutsch Wikipedia
List of musical films by year — The following is a list of musical films, listed in chronological order. (See also List of notable musical theatre productions, List of operettas, List of Bollywood films, List of top Bollywood films, List of rock musicals.) 1920s 1927* The Jazz… … Wikipedia
Barbershop music — Barbershop vocal harmony, as codified during the barbershop revival era (1940s present), is a style of a cappella, or unaccompanied vocal music characterized by consonant four part chords for every melody note in a predominantly homophonic… … Wikipedia
Jerome Kern — Born January 27, 1885(1885 01 27) New York City, New York Died November 11, 1945(1945 … Wikipedia
Helen Morgan — Infobox Actor name = Helen Morgan caption = Helen Morgan photo taken by Carl Van Vechten, 1935 birthdate = birth date|1900|8|2 birthplace = Danville, Illinois deathdate = death date and age|1941|10|9|1900|8|2 deathplace = Chicago, Illinois… … Wikipedia
Elliott Smith — This article is about the recording artist. For his self titled album, see Elliott Smith (album). For the biography, see Elliott Smith (book). For the archeologist, see Grafton Elliot Smith. Elliott Smith Smith performing in Los Angeles, February … Wikipedia
Monkey Business (1931 film) — Monkey Business theatrical release poster Directed by Norman Z. McLeod … Wikipedia
Phonofilm — In 1919, Lee De Forest, inventor of the audion tube, filed his first patent on a sound on film process, DeForest Phonofilm, which recorded sound directly onto film as parallel lines. These parallel lines photographically recorded electrical… … Wikipedia
Elliott Smith — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Elliott Smith Elliot Smith en plena actuación Información personal Nom … Wikipedia Español