Beast Quest Author Adam Blade Country United Kingdom Language English Genre Children's Fantasy Publisher Orchard Books Published 2007-Present Media type Print (hardcover and paperback)
The series follows the story of the 12-year-old Tom as he ventures out from his village on a quest against evil with his companion Elenna.
- Tom is the main protagonist of the series; a hero and the only son of the legendary Taladon Swift, a Knight of Avantia. Tom inherited his great courage and valour from his father who disappeared mysteriously when he was a baby, leaving him to be brought up by his uncle and aunt in the village of Errinel. At the start of the first series of novels the King of Avantia, King Hugo, invites Tom to embark on a quest to free the kingdom from the evil curses placed upon the Beasts that protect it. With his trusted companion, Elenna, Tom travels across Avantia, guided by a magic map. Accompanied by Storm, a jet-black stallion and a faithful wolf named Silver, the two of them face the biggest adventures of their lives. Together they set out to defeat the evil wizard Malvel and free the kingdom. In every Beast Quest book published to date, Tom declares his specific mission by proclaiming his catchphrase "While there's blood in my veins!"
- Elenna is Tom's best friend. She is strong and courageous and able to think quickly under pressure. After her parents died in a fire, Elenna was sent to live with his mean-spirited uncle and aunt, where Silver was her only friend. Armed with a bow and a quiver of arrows, Elenna is an expert archer and ably assists Tom on his quest. Elenna is the target of most of the unfortunate events in Beast Quest. Elenna turns against Tom in the Combat Arena in the book "Mortaxe the Skeleton Warrior." They were both bitten by the Avantia hounds in the book "Ravira Ruler of the Underworld," but Elenna still helps Tom to fight off Ravira and save the other people, including his own father, Taldon. Some people say that Elenna has romantic thoughts for Tom. Elenna has saved Tom's life as many times as he has saved hers. She must face her greatest fear, fire, in "Hellion the Firey Foe." Her arrows never miss and Elenna is always ready to help Tom on a new Quest.
- Storm is Tom's trusty steed on his Beast Quests. He is a black stallion with an arrow shaped white mark on his forehead. He is brave and fast, and understands exactly what Tom needs him to do. He slows down at the slightest pull on his reins and speeds up the second Tom touches his sides with his heels. He was given to Tom by King Hugo of Avantia, so as to help him on his Quests.
- Silver is Elenna's wolf friend. Having found him injured during a hunting trip, Elenna nursed him back to health and they've been best friends ever since. Silver is as fast as the wind and able to cover large distances easily and quickly. He has an excellent sense of smell and can sniff out danger from afar.
- Aduro (sometimes known as Aduro the Good) is a powerful wizard who serves King Hugo of Avantia. He was once captured by Malvel the Dark Wizard and rescued by Tom. He also provides Tom with a map of the Forbidden Land, which constantly pinpoints the location of all the Beasts hidden in the Forbidden Land. He also underwent a magical transformation cast onto him by Malvel: this turned him into a savage man known as Aduro the Bad. The spell was later lifted when Tom defeated Arax the Soul Stealer. Avantia's parallel land, Tavania, also has a good wizard, called Oradu (an anagram of Aduro). He was also bewitched by the pirate king in series 9 as he was too old and could not defend himself from the magic of the pirate king.
- Malvel the Dark Wizard is the main antagonist of the Beast Quest series. He encounters Tom many times and continuously casts spells which summon various powerful Beasts, as well as enchanting many Beasts with various objects. Aduro notes that his power grows weak after being repelled three times.He was then captured by Tom.
- King Hugo is the king of Avantia. He sets Tom on his quests to free the Beasts and save the kingdom.
- Velmal is the Dark wizard of Gwildor. Tom finds out that Velmal has his mother under a spell. Velmal is an anagram of Malvel. Velmal was killed by Freya (Tom's mother) in Book 36 (Vespick the Wasp Queen) by getting cut right through the waist.
- Marc is Aduro's apprentice. Like Aduro, Marc is able to send images of himself to help Tom in Series 6 (The World Of Chaos). Unfortunately, in The Lost World (Series 7). Malvel kills Marc with an evil spell which drains away his magic then kills him.
- Taladon is Tom's father and also the Master of the Beasts. He was kidnapped by Malvel when Tom was born. He returns as a ghost in Series 4, and asks Tom to find all six pieces of the Amulet of Avantia so he could take physical form again.
- Freya is Tom's mother and also the Mistress of the Beasts. When Tom and elenna travel to Gwildor in Series 5, Tom finds out that she is his mother and Velmal is controlling her. She gets kidnapped and brought to Kayonia in Series 6 and in Series 7 she believes the Tavanian counterpart of Taladon (Dalaton) is Tavania's Master of the Beasts. She gets kidnapped again in Series 8 along with Silver.
- Sanpao the Pirate King is the main antagonist of Series 8. He sends the various Beasts to kill Tom, and tear Avantia's capital city apart.
Petra is Malvel's apprentice. She appeared in Mortaxe the skeleton Warrior and the ninth series as an antagonist. She also appeared in Raksha the Mirror Demon as her mother, Kapra, had awakened the beast.
The fictional world of Beast Quest is divided between several kingdoms.
- Avantia is the setting of events occurring within Series 1, 2, 4, 8 and 10 of the Beast Quest novels. Frequently attacked by the wizard Malvel, Avantia is segregated into both inhabited and uninhabited geography with areas such as the Forbidden Land located beyond a dividing wall. Avantia has good Beasts, that protect the land, called Ferno, Sepron, Arcta,, Tagus, Nanook, and Epos. The Forbidden Land is in Avantia but is cut off by a giant wall because it is haunted by Ghost Beasts. It is the place that Tom ventures to in Series 4 to fight Nixa, Equinus, Rashouk, Luna, Blaze and Stealth (Stealth and Blaze are the only Beasts fought outside the Forbidden Land).
- Gorgonia is the kingdom ruled by Malvel in series three. He rules from a castle located in the Western City. Gorgonia is a dark, ruined kingdom where the native population is kept to a low standard of living by the dictator. During the events of the books there existed an organized underground rebellion opposed to Malvel's rule. Gorgonia was haunted by six Beasts, each of which possessed a Magic Jewel.
- Gwildor is Avantia's twin land. It was introduced in series five. Like Avantia, Gwildor has six good Beasts. It is also home to the Mistress of the Beasts, Freya, later revealed to be Tom's mother. Gwildor was terrorised by Velmal, the "parallel" wizard of Malvel. It has guardians called Krabb, Hawkite, Rokk, Koldo, Trema and Amictus.
- Kayonia is another kingdom terrorised by Velmal in series six. He created six evil Beasts and turned the people of Kayonia against their warrior queen, Romaine.
- Tavania is a kingdom parallel to Avantia, seen in series seven. Malvel the Dark Wizard has taken over this planet, and sent six Beasts to exile in this kingdom, namely Convol, Hellion, Krestor, Madara, Ellik and Carnivora. It is also the main kingdom of series eight, where Freya and Silver are trapped.
- Seraph is a mysterious realm in series 9 which has the Eternal Flame that Malvel tries to use to take over all the kingdoms and is patrolled by six evil beasts called Ursus the Clawed roar, Minos the Demon Bull, Koraka the Winged Assassin, Silver the Wild Terror, Spikefin the Water King and Torpix the Twisting Serpent. Silver the Wild Terror patrolled only in one book then he is free.
- Tom's Shield has been given six magical tokens from the Beasts in gratitude from freeing them in Series 1. They are: Ferno's scale , Sepron's tooth, Arcta's eagle feather, Tagus' horseshoe fragment, Nanook's bell and Epos's talon.
- The Golden Armour has six magical pieces—the helmet is shaped like an eagle's head, and allows people to see in far away places, the chainmail gives people more courage, the breastplate gives people extra physical strength, the leg armour gives people the ability to run really fast, the gauntlets give people extra skills with a sword and the boots make people able to jump really high.
- The Magic Belt has six jewels that give Tom an extra ability. The red ruby makes him able to communicate with good Beasts, the green emerald heals broken bones, the blue sapphire gives people perfect memories, the white diamond enables people to split with their shadow, the orange amber gives people sharper battle skills and the purple amethyst can create a portal to avantia.
- The Amulet of Avantia has six pieces guarded by the ghost Beasts. It restores Taladon, Tom's father, to life, although it takes the
abilities of the Golden Armour from Tom for Taladon's use, as the armour's rightful owner is Taladon.
- The Cup of Life is a magical item that Malvel tried to use to bring his powers back. Tom later uses it to bring Elenna back to life after being infected with poison.
- Freya's items - a pearl, a ring, a pair of gloves, scales, a mirror and a telescope have abilities that Tom uses to free the good Beasts of Gwildor. The pearl let people breathe underwater, the ring lets people blend into the background when standing still, the gloves can stick to surroundings because they are made of spider webs, the scales let people keep their balance on ice, the mirror burns holes using sunlight and the telescope can see camouflaged things.
- The Potion Ingredients guarded by Velmal's Beasts can make a potion that cures Freya's poison that Velmal gives her. They are the Black Cactus, the Jade Ring, the Red Jewel, the Vines, the White Flower and the Wasp Sting.
- Oradu has six materials he uses for magic that Malvel stole when he took over Tavania. They are his robe, his hat, his staff, his falcon, his cauldron and his spell book. Each one makes him stronger for the fight with Malvel in series seven.
- Pirate Tokens - Tom acquires an item from every Beast he defeats: Balisk's Claw, to use as a vicous boomberang. Koron's Fang, to paralyze his foes. Hecton's Trident enables him to cling to mountains. Torno's scale, which gives off heat. The Eye of Kronus, to see the future and a Bone Star from Bloodboar's armour, to use as a shrukin.
- Aduro's tokens are given to Tom and Elanna to help them in series nine. They are a small harp to play which will subdue Ursus with its music. A jewled harness. Jade whistle shaped like a eagle. A phial with a potion in it to turn Silver back to normal. A chainmal. And a knife that can pierce Torphix's armour.
Series 1: Beast Quest: Books 1 - 6
An evil Wizard, Malvel, has enchanted the 6 magical Beasts of Avantia. Only a true hero can free the Beasts and stop them from destroying the land they should be protecting. Is Tom the hero Avantia has been waiting for?
1. Ferno the Fire Dragon - Strange things are happening in Tom's village. First, the horses were attacked. Then, the river dried up. Now, the last of the crops has mysteriously burnt to the ground. Everyone is terrified. But Tom isn't afraid. He's always dreamed of a quest-a real quest!-and vows to go to the king and bring help for them all. But Tom soon learns that his village is not the only one in trouble. People are in trouble all over the kingdom. Hope is nearly lost. That is, until Tom is sent on the greatest quest of all—the Beast Quest.
2. Sepron the Sea Serpent - Floods. Starvation. Fear. This is what awaits the people of Avantia's coast if Tom and Elenna cannot stop Sepron the Sea Serpent. The huge and terrifying beast lurks in eerie waters. All the fish have fled and no boats dare to pass.
3. Arcta the mountain giant - Tom and Elennoes must head North to the mountains to free Arcta and help unearth Colton from mudslides and avalanches before it's too late.
4. Tagus the Horse Man - A mysterious force has been creeping over the plains of Avantia. The animals are stampeding, and brush fires sweep the prairie. The farmers are spooked—whispers of a mysterious horseman are spreading as fast as the stampedes. And now that someone has disappeared on a cattle drive, suspicion runs high. Tom and Elenna speed to the plains to stop Tagus the Horse - Man before he can do any more damage. But Tom ends up in the wrong place at the wrong time and is mistakenly thrown in jail. Can he win the trust of the people—and his own freedom—before it's too late to stop Tagus?
5. Nanook the Snow Monster - Even the most remote parts of the kingdom have not been spread from Malvel's wrath. The great ice flats have been thrown into chaos. Most of the people have fled, fearing for their lives. The dangerous weather changes and mysterious midnight attacks have driven most of them away. But if Tom and Elenna cannot stop it, the effects will be felt far beyond the frozen North.
6. Epos the Flame Bird - Tom and Elenna must journey on to face the last of the Beasts enslaved by the evil wizard Malvel: The Flame Bird, a phoenix of terrible power. It has been been slowly awakening a long-dead volcano. If Tom and Elenna cannot stop the Beast in time, it could mean a deadly eruption.
Series 2: The Golden Armour: Books 7 - 12
The wizard, Malvel, has stolen the magical suit of golden armour and scattered it throughout Avantia. With help from Elenna, Tom vows to find the pieces – but they are guarded by six terrifying new Beasts! Zepha guards the helmet, Claw guards the chainmail, Soltra guards the breastplate, Vipero guards the leg armour, Arachnid guards the gauntlets and Trillion guards the armoured boots. Can Tom do it?
1. Zepha the Monster Squid- Evil Wizard Malvel has stolen the magical golden armour and scattered it throughout Avantia. Tom vows to find the pieces – but they are guarded by six terrifying Beasts! Will Tom win an underwater battle against Zepha the Monster Squid?
2. Claw the Giant Ape- Avantia is under threat from an evil Wizard. To save the Kingdom, Tom must defeat six terrifying Beasts and collect the pieces of magical golden armour. His quest takes him to the Dark Jungle and Claw the Giant Monkey…
3. Soltra the Stone Charmer - Tom’s quest to collect the golden armour takes him to his home village, which is being terrorised by Soltra the Stone Charmer. Can he defeat this fearsome Beast and free the frightened villagers? Or will he join her victims and be turned to stone himself?
4. Vipero the Snake Man - Evil wizard Malvel has stolen the golden armour and a fearsome Beast guards each piece of it. To save the kingdom, Tom needs to collect all the pieces. Join Tom as he journeys into the scorching desert, where he must face Vipero the Snake Man…
5. Arachnid the Spider King - In the caves of Avantia lurks Arachnid the King of Spiders. Massive and terrifying, Arachnid preys on the local townspeople and guards a piece of the magical golden armour. Can Tom defeat the Beast and save the kingdom from destruction?
6. Trillion the Three-Headed Lion - The peace of Avantia has been shattered by a fearsome new Beast – Trillion the Three-Headed Lion. If he is to save the kingdom, Tom must defeat Trillion and collect all the pieces of magical golden armour. Will he succeed?
Series 3: The Dark Realm: Books 13 - 18
Tom and Elenna must travel to Gorgonia to rescue Avantia's good beasts, but each one is guarded by an evil beast. Torgor guards Tagus, Skor guards Epos, Narga guards Sepron, Kaymon guards Nanook, Tusk guards Ferno and Sting guards Arcta. To free the Beasts, Tom journeys into the sinister Dark Realm…
1. Torgor the Minotaur - The good Beasts of Avantia are in danger. They have been captured by six terrible new Beasts and taken to Gorgonia, kingdom of the evil wizard Malvel. To free the Beasts, Tom journeys into the sinister Dark Realm, where he must first face Torgor the Minotaur…
2. Skor the Winged Stallion - The Dark Wizard has sent six fearsome Beasts to capture the good Beasts of Avantia. They are imprisoned in the Dark Realm, and it is Tom’s quest to save them. He and his companions must undertake a perilous journey and defeat Skor the Winged Stallion.
3. Narga the Sea Monster - In the perilous Black Ocean lurks Narga the Sea Monster. As well as preying on the rebels and fighting evil wizard Malvel, Narga is holding one of the good Beasts of Avantia captive. Can Tom set the good Beast free, or will it remain trapped in the Dark Realm for ever?
4. Kaymon the Gorgon Hound - In a ruined castle in the Dark Realm prowls Kaymon the Gorgon Hound. Kaymon is one of six fearsome Beats unleashed by a wicked wizard to capture the good Beasts of Avantia. Tom is on his quest to save the good Beasts and avoid being captured himself…
5. Tusk the Mighty Mammoth - Tusk the Mighty Mammoth rules the rotting forests of Gorgonia. She terrorises the rebels at war with evil wizard Malvel and holds a good Beast captive. All the good Beasts are imprisoned and Tom must save them. Will he defeat Tusk before Malvel’s guards track him down?
6. Sting the Scorpion Man - The good Beasts of Avantia are imprisoned in the kingdom of Malvel, an evil Wizard. Each is guarded by a terrible new Beast. Tom’s quest to free the good Beasts takes him to the tunnels under Malvel’s castle, where Sting the Scorpion Man is waiting…
Series 4: The Amulet of Avantia: Books 19 - 24
Taladon the Swift has returned! But to Tom’s horror, his father is a ghost. To save Taladon, Tom must battle the Ghost Beasts and collect the pieces of the shattered Amulet of Avantia. The Beasts live in the Forbidden Land, located in Avantia's east.
1. Nixa the Death-Bringer - Taladon the Swift has returned! But to Tom’s horror, his father is a ghost. To save Taladon, Tom must battle the Ghost Beasts and collect the pieces of the shattered Amulet of Avantia. First is Nixa the Death-Bringer- will her deadly disguises lure Tom to his death?
2. Equinus the Spirit Horse - Equinus the Spirit Horse crashes through the forests of the Forbidden Land, stealing the life forces of other creatures. Tom must dodge the Ghost Beast’s flying hooves and take the fragment of Amulet that Equinus guards- or Tom’s father will remain a ghost for ever…
3. Rashouk the Cave Troll - Lurking in the Dead Peaks is Rashouk the Cave Troll. The Ghost Beast smells out his victims’ fear- and turns them to stone. It will take all of Tom’s courage to capture Rashouk’s piece of the Amulet of Avantia, but failure means never seeing his father again…
4. Luna the Moon Wolf - At night, the Dead Wood comes alive with wild animals made ferocious by the spell of Luna the Moon Wolf. To save his father, Tom must collect the pieces of the Amulet of Avantia- which means battling Luna’s murderous magic…
5. Blaze the Ice Dragon - The volcano at Stonewin is frozen over and the lands are blasted with a deadly cold. This is the work of Blaze the Ice Dragon, sent by wicked Wizard Malvel to thwart Tom’s quest to save his father. Can he defeat Blaze and win the next piece of the Amulet before it’s too late?
6. Stealth the Ghost Panther - Wizard Malvel’s final Beast has reached the doors of King Hugo’s Palace! Stealth the Ghost Panther lassoes victims with his tails and makes good people bad. To rescue his father, Tom must capture the final piece of Amulet from Stealth’s collar- before all Avantia is turned to evil!
Series 5: The Shade of Death: Books 25 - 30
Tom and Elenna must travel to Gwildor, Avantia's twin land, to free its beasts from evil wizard Velmal. In this series Tom meets Freya, Mistress of the Beasts, who we discover to be his mother! To free her from the clutches of evil wizard Velmal, Tom must find Freya's prizes (a pearl, a ring, a pair of spiderweb gloves, some scales, a mirror and a telescope). If Tom fails, Gwildor will be doomed and Avantia will be next...
1. Krabb Master of the Sea - In the realm of Gwildor, the Mistress of the Beasts is under a curse, and her ferocious Beasts are destroying the land. Tom vows to break the spell, but when deadly Krabb ambushes his boat, it looks like the Quest may already be over...
2. Hawkite the Sky Lord - Fearsome Hawkite has destroyed the crops of Gwildor and the people are starving. Tom must stop their suffering and free the Mistress of the Beasts. But can he convince the hostile villagers he is there to help – and how will he fight a Beast in the air?
3. Rokk the Walking Mountain - Tom is on a quest to free the Mistress of the Beasts from an evil curse. But when he arrives in a mountain town devastated by terrible rockfalls, he realises the destruction has been wreaked by a Beast as powerful as the mountain itself...
4. Koldo the Arctic Warrior - Gwildor’s arctic people have cruelly imprisoned Koldo the Arctic Warrior. Koldo is a good Beast who wants to protect the land, so Tom sets about freeing him. But the shocking arrival of Freya, Mistress of the Beasts, brings a new and terrible danger...
5. Trema the Earth Lord - Fearsome Trema lurks in the bowels of the earth, only emerging to feast on his prey. If Tom is to defeat the Beast and lift the curse on Freya, the Mistress of the Beasts, he has no choice but to brave the underworld. But a terrible shock is waiting for him above ground...
6. Amictus the Bug Queen - Tom’s quest to free the Mistress of the Beasts brings him to a sweltering jungle. There he must defeat cunning Amictus. But what chance does Tom have against the Beast’s incredible speed? And what is the secret his father and Wizard Aduro are keeping from him?
Series 6: The World Of Chaos: Books 31 - 36
Tom's most challenging Quest awaits! For him to save his mother, Freya, Tom must travel to Kayonia to find six potion ingredients to restore her to full health. But each ingredient is guarded by a terrifying Beast. Komodo's black cactus, Muro's jade ring, Fang's red jewel, Murk's vines, Terra's white flower & Vespick's barbed sting are the potion ingredients.
1. Komodo the Lizard King - Tom's most challenging Quest awaits! He must rescue his mother from devious Wizard Velmal by finding six potion ingredients, all guarded by terrifying Beasts of Kayonia. Can Tom and his companions brave the Dead Desert and conquer Komodo the Lizard King…?
2. Muro the Rat Monster - Tom now seeks the second potion ingredient that will free his ailing mother from Wizard Velmal's fiendish sorcery. He must battle against Muro the Rat Monster, who can command the vermin of Kayonia to do his wicked bidding!
3. Fang the Bat Fiend - Evil Wizard Velmal holds Tom's mother captive, and death creeps closer with every moment. To rescue her, Tom still has to find four potion ingredients. Standing in his way is Fang the Bat Fiend - can Tom destroy this foul creature, or will he finally meet his doom?
4. Murk the Swamp Man - The land of Kayonia is descending into chaos! Everywhere Tom looks he sees decay and destruction: all the work of Wizard Velmal. Tom must now face not only Murk the Swamp Man, but also a deadly assassin sent to kill him…
5. Terra Curse of the Forest - Kayonia's forests are deathly silent - the animals have disappeared and no one dares set foot among the trees. A terrible danger lurks within: Terra, Curse of the Forest! To save his mother, Tom must track down and destroy Terra, or perish in the attempt…
6. Vespick the Wasp Queen - Tom has nearly reached the end of his most challenging Beast Quest! The fate of his mother and the land of Kayonia depend on him and his faithful companions. Can he defeat the deadliest of his foes, Vespick the Wasp Queen, and wicked Wizard Velmal?
Series 7: The Lost World: Books 37 - 42
Tom, Elenna, Marc and Freya have left Kayonia, but have entered Avantia's "parallel world", Tavania! Evil Wizard Malvel rules the land of Tavania, and he is bent upon its destruction. Tom must help Tavania's good wizard, Oradu, return from exile by defeating six maddened Beasts who are wreaking havoc in the land because they have been ripped from their original homes and return Oradu's six possessions to return him to full strength, a robe, a hat, a staff, a falcon, a cauldron and a spell book. Will Tom send the beasts home and defeat Malvel once and for all?
1. Convol The Cold-Blooded Brute - Tom's new quest requires him to face the most terrifying Beasts he could think of. First he must defeat Convol The Cold-Blooded Brute, a giant crocodile-beast! Can Tom defeat Convol before Tavania is destroyed by the wicked Malvel?
2. Hellion The Fiery Foe - Tom and his companions face a new challenge in the mysterious land of Tavania. Raging forest fires are destroying all in their path. Tom knows a Beast is to blame, but can he defeat Hellion, a creature made entirely of flames, and escape with his life…?
3. Krestor The Crushing Terror - Evil Wizard Malvel is steering the land of Tavania towards total destruction. Tom must stop him by defeating six rampaging Beasts and sending them back to their rightful homes. Krestor the Crushing Terror awaits him…
4. Madara The Midnight Warrior - A ravenous Beast terrorises the windswept plains of Tavania: Madara the Midnight Warrior is on the prowl! If Tom cannot defeat her, the dark portals over the land will continue to destroy the kingdom…
5. Ellik The Lightning Horror - The land of Tavania slips further towards ruin as portals rip the sky and terrible Beasts roam the land. Tom and his companions must now defeat a giant electric eel: Ellik the Lightning Horror!
6. Carnivora The Winged Scavenger - In the frozen north, a killer stalks the night – Carnivora the Winged Scavenger! Can Tom rally the people of Tavania to beat Malvel’s evil army? If not, the land will be destroyed, and he will never see Avantia again…
Series 8: The Pirate King: Books 43 - 48
Freya and Silver are trapped in Tavania. Tom and Elenna must find the mysterious Tree Of Being to rescue them. But Sanpao the Pirate King controls six menacing Beasts and wants to foil Tom's plans.
1. Balisk The Water Snake - Freya and Silver are trapped in Tavania! To resuce them Tom must find the magical Tree of Being. But Sanpao the Pirate King has summoned six evil Beasts to stop him. Can Tom survive the deadly attacks of Balisk the Water Snake?
2. Koron Jaws of Death - Tom faces his toughest Beast Quest yet- he must find the Tree of Being to rescue Freya and Silver from Tavania. But Sanpao the Pirate King controls six deadly Beasts, which seek to thwart Tom. Can our hero outwit cunning Koron?
3. Hecton The Body Snatcher - Tom and his companions are faced with a new menace! Hecton the Body Snatcher is prowling the land, feeding on his victims' flesh. To rescue Freya and Silver from the land of Tavania, Tom must defeat this evil creature…
4. Torno The Hurricane Dragon - A new Beast soars in the skies over Avantia! Torno the Hurricane Dragon has been summoned by Sanpao the Pirate King to stop Tom in his Quest to rescue Freya and Silver. Can Tom survive Torno's deadly hurricanes?
5. Kronus The Clawed Menace - The stench of death drifts over Avantia- Sanpao the Pirate King has summoned a giant vulture-Beast to destroy Tom before he finds the Tree of Being. If Tom fails, Freya and Silver will be trapped in Tavania for ever…
6. Bloodboar The Buried Doom - Sanpao the Pirate King has sent Bloodboar the Buried Doom to tear Avantia's capital city apart! Tom must destroy the Beast, find the Tree of Being and defeat Sanpao. If he fails he will never see his mother again. Has Tom finally met his match?
Series 9: The Warlock's Staff: Books 49 - 54
Evil Wizard Malvel has stolen the treasured Warlock's Staff! If he reaches the Eternal Flame in the mysterious realm of Seraph, he will rule all the kingdoms.
1. Ursus the Clawed Roar - Evil Wizard Malvel has stolen the treasured Warlock’s Staff! If he reaches the Eternal Flame in the mysterious realm of Seraph, he will rule all the kingdoms. Tom must stop him, but first he must defeat a giant Beast: Ursus the Clawed Roar!
2. Minos the Demon Bull - Tom and his companions are searching for Malvel in the strange land of Seraph. The fate of the world is at stake, and if Tom fails to overcome Minos the Demon Bull, all of the world will fall under Malvel’s evil thrall!
3. Koraka the Winged Assassin - Koraka was a gentle shepherdess until evil Wizard Malvel transformed her into a hideous winged Beast! If Tom is to stop Malvel reaching the Eternal Flame, he must outwit this bloodthirsty creature. Can he survive?
4. Silver the Wild Terror - Malvel’s evil knows no bounds! He has used his dark magic to turn Elenna’s faithful wolf, Silver, into a terrifying Beast. Can Tom and Elenna rescue their friend, or will they lose him forever…?
5. Spikefin the Water King - Malvel has created another deadly Beast to stop Tom from saving the realm of Seraph! Spikefin is a vicious sea creature who drags his victims to a watery grave. Is this the end for Tom and his perilous Quest?
6. Torpix the Twisting Serpent - Tom’s Quest reaches a terrifying climax! If Malvel takes the Warlock’s Staff to the Eternal Flame, he will rule all lands forever. But there is one more Beast to battle: Torpix the Twisted Serpent! Only by defeating both Torpix and Malvel will Tom fulfill his Quest.
Series 10: Master of the Beasts: Books 55 - 60  (Out March 1, 2012)
1. Noctila the Death Owl - Tom thinks he has defeated his deadly enemy, Evil Wizard Malvel. But he is wrong! Malvel lives, and he intends to bring doom to Avantia by creating six deadly Beasts. Tom must first face Noctila of
the Death Owl!
2. Shamani the Raging Flame - Malvel wants revenge on Tom! The Evil Wizard is using the ancient spirits of Avantian heroes to conjure bloodthirsty Beasts. Shamani the Raging flame is creating havoc. Can Tom stop the Beast?
3. Lustor the Acid Dart - Something horrible lurks in the Yellow Marshes! Malvel has created Lustor the Acid Dart to fight Tom and his faithful companions. This giant Beast can shoot acid and his sights are fixed on Tom! Is Tom quick enough to win?
4. Voltrex the Two-Headed Octopus - The Good Beast Sepron is in danger! Malvel has sent Voltrex a hideous Octopus-Beast to kill him. If Sepron dies, Malvel will be closer to taking over Avantia. Tom must dash to Sepron's rescue before it's too late!
5. Tecton the Armoured Giant - Malvel has created another ferocious Beast for Tom to battle! Tecton is a massive creature that even Tom might find hard to defeat. Luckily his father, Taladon, joins him to help. Will Tom and Taladon prevail, or will it end in tragedy?
6. Doomskull the King of Fear - Doomskull the King of Fear, Malvel's most terrifying Beast yet, has kidnapped King Hugo! If Tom does not save him, Avantia is doomed. Tom must fight harder than he has ever done before.
Beast Quest: Master Your Destiny
The Master Your Destiny books are gamebooks related to the Beast Quest series.
1. The Dark Cauldron: The player joins Tom and his companions on a brand new Beast Quest, meeting old favourites Ferno and Sepron, and doing battle with two new and terrifying Beasts: Aldroim - a huge feline Beast, and Cornix - a crow-like skeletal Beast who lures victims to their deaths.
2. The Dagger Of Doom: Evil wizard Malvel has stolen a magical dagger, and seeks to control the peaceful land of Gorgonia. The challenge is to defeat the two terrifying Beasts that guard the dagger, Marlik the Drowning Terror and Klaxa the Armoured Enemy. Tom and Elenna will be by your side, but beware—by choosing the wrong path your Quest will fail and you may not survive.
3. The Pirate's Treasure:Sanpao the Pirate King has returned to terrorize Avantia, bringing with him two fearsome Beasts: Polkai the Shark Man and Dredda the Tunneling Menace! (Out May 3, 2012) 
1. Vedra & Krimon - Twin Beasts of Avantia: Vedra the Green Dragon and Krimon the Red Dragon have just hatched from a single egg, meaning they are vulnerable to Malvel's evil magic. Tom must now transport the baby Beasts to another kingdom, Rion, where they will be safe. But will the dragons be safe from Malvel's scheming ways in a kingdom of ice?
2. Spiros the Ghost Phoenix: When Malvel the Dark Wizard captures Tom’s aunt and uncle, Tom has to find the one Beast who can save them, as Aduro's magic is not strong enough: Spiros the Ghost Phoenix. Caught between life and death, Spiros has the gift of All-Sight but she has been lost for many years. Can Tom reach her before it is too late, even though Spiros is a ghost and her body is possessed by Nawdren the Black Phoenix…
3. Arax the Soul Stealer: Cunning Arax is half-man, half-bat, with the terrible power to steal the good qualities from any person he attacks and turn them evil. He lurks among the caves of Avantia, swooping down on his victims and smothering them with his wings. Also, using his whip, he can steal someone's soul, and create an evil version of that person from their soul, like when Tom had his soul turned into evil Nemico, and Aduro's transformation into Aduro The Bad…
4. Kragos and Kildor - the Two-Headed Demon: This two-headed demon is doubly terrifying – it can split in two for a dual attack! One half is a ram’s body and head, looking ferociously intent on goring Tom with his deadly antlers. The other half is a beautiful, timid deer, which looks like it wouldn’t harm anyone…
5. Creta the Winged Terror: Evil Wizard Malvel has conjured up Creta, a terrifying creature that can unleash thousands of vicious insects from its colossal body! Tom must find a way to defeat Creta before the Beast destroys both him and Avantia…
6. Mortaxe the Skeleton Warrior: An evil skeleton dressed in black armour and armed with a golden scythe, Mortaxe is able to control Avantia's good beasts, making them all battle Tom for a gladiatorial battle! Tom and his companions are about to face the most terrifying Quest of their lives…
7. Ravira Ruler of the Underworld: A new Beast has risen from the Underworld! Ravira reeks of death and commands a pack of fearsome Avantian Hounds. Can Tom defeat Ravira before Taladon succumbs to the Hound's deadly bite and is enslaved forever…
8. Raksha the Mirror Demon: Tom faces a terrifying new Quest… Two evil wizards from Gorgonia have stolen an enchanted mirror in order to summon the fearsome beast Raksha from the Lake of Light. Raksha can wield Avantia's good Beast's powers against Tom! How can he survive this deadly battle?
9. Grashkor the Beast Guard  Tom's best friend, Elenna, has been kidnapped by evil Malvel! Grashkor the Beast Guard is holding her prisoner in his dark prison - the Chamber of Pain! Can Tom rescue her from Grashkor's deadly clutches? (Out January 5,2012)
Note: There are 9 bumper editions and 10 series (sets). There are less bumper editions because the fourth series does not have a bumper edition. However Sephir the Storm Monster is a flip over book that is sometimes thought to be series 5's bumper edition with Kragos & Kildor being series 4's.
1. Sephir the Storm Monster: Once a generation, a battle takes place for the Book of Worlds. The Book contains all the secrets of Avantia, and must never fall into the hands of evil Wizard Malvel. Tom takes up the challenge, but Malvel doesn’t play fair... First he sends a fearsome Super-Beast, and then a whirling tornado that destroys everything in its path – Sephir the Storm Monster!
- ^ Wands, D. C. Adam Blade. Fantastic Fiction (2009). Retrieved 6 March 2009.
- ^ Davies, Hannah. "Ponies, vampires and beasts". 20 April 2007. The Bookseller. Retrieved 6 March 2009.
- ^ http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/b/adam-blade/
- ^ http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beast-Quest-Master-Your-Destiny/dp/1408318407%3FSubscriptionId%3D0ACM1RC83GP83JK10M02%26tag%3Dauthordatabase%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3D1408318407
- ^ http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/b/adam-blade/grashkor.htm
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of characters in Beast Quest — Main characters Tom is a twelve year old boy who is chosen to complete all the Beast Quests. He lives in Errinel where there is not much to do until he goes to the king s palace seeking help. Tom does his Beast Quest in honour of his annonymous… … Wikipedia
Quest for Camelot — The Magic Sword redirects here. For other uses, see Magic sword (disambiguation) .Infobox Film name =Quest for Camelot caption =Movie poster for Quest for Camelot director =Frederick Du Chau producer =Andre Clavel Dalisa Cohen Zahra Zowlatabadi… … Wikipedia
Quest for the Well of Souls — infobox Book | name = Exiles at the Well of Souls title orig = translator = image caption = author = Jack L. Chalker illustrator = cover artist = country = United States language = English series = genre = Science fiction novel publisher = Del… … Wikipedia
List of Deltora Quest characters — The Deltora series features a wide line of characters, both important and minor. The series also features many different monsters and creatures that appeared in all of the many different books. This article is a list of the many different… … Wikipedia
Characters in the Deltora Quest series — The Deltora series features a wide line of characters, both important and minor. The series also features many different monsters and creatures that appeared in all of the many different books. This article is a list of the many different… … Wikipedia
The Maze of the Beast — Author(s) Emily Rodda … Wikipedia
Beauty and the Beast (1991 film) — Beauty and the Beast Theatrical poster by John Alvin Directed by Gary Trousdale Kirk Wise … Wikipedia
Beauty And The Beast: Belle's Quest — Éditeur Sunsoft Développeur Software Creations Date de sortie 25 août 1993 (États Unis) Licence Disney Interactive Genre … Wikipédia en Français
Disney's Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Quest — Beauty and the Beast: Belle s Quest Beauty and the Beast: Belle s Quest Éditeur Sunsoft Développeur Software Creations Date de sortie 25 août 1993 (États Unis) Licence Disney Interactive Genre … Wikipédia en Français
Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Quest — Éditeur Sunsoft Développeur Software Creations Date de sortie 25 août 1993 (États Unis) Licence Disney Interactive Genre Plate for … Wikipédia en Français