Congress of Vienna (disambiguation)
Congress of Vienna can refer to
- First Congress of Vienna, was held in 1515, attended by the Holy Roman Emperor, Maximilian I, and the Jagiellonian brothers, Sigismund I, King of Poland and Grand Duke of Lithuania, and Vladislaus II, King of Hungary and King of Bohemia. It was a turning point in the history of central Europe, ultimately increasing the power of the Habsburgs and diminishing that of the Jagiellonians.
- Congress of Vienna was a conference of ambassadors of the major powers of Europe, held from 1 November 1814 to 8 June 1815, to settle issues and redraw the continent's political map after the defeat of Napoleonic France the previous spring.
- Congress of Vienna Waltz, a choreographed dance by John Hertz.
- See also
- Vienna Conference (disambiguation)
- Vienna Convention (disambiguation)
- Treaty of Vienna (disambiguation)
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Congress of Vienna — For other uses, see Congress of Vienna (disambiguation). The Congress of Vienna by Jean Baptiste Isabey, (1819). Although representatives from all the states which had participated in the wars were invited, the principal negotiations were… … Wikipedia
Vienna (disambiguation) — Vienna can refer to: Geography In Austria: * Vienna, capital and a federal state of Austria * the River Vienna, a small river meeting the Danube at Vienna; see Wien (river)In France: * Vienne, a city known in Roman times as Vienna In Canada: *… … Wikipedia
Vienna Convention — can mean any of a number of treaties signed in Vienna. Notable are:* several treaties and conventions resulted from the Congress of Vienna (1814 1815) which redrew the map of Europe, only partially restoring the pre Napoleonic situation, and… … Wikipedia
Vienna Conference — can refer to:*Vienna Conference (1819), held in 1819 and 1820. *Vienna Conference (1853), *Vienna Conference (1855), *Vienna Conference on Science and Technology for Development, 1979 see Commission on Science and Technology for Development… … Wikipedia
Congress (disambiguation) — Congress may refer to: Congress, a formal meeting of representatives from different countries, states, or organizations, notably: United States Congress, the national legislature of the United States Indian National Congress, commonly known as… … Wikipedia
Vienna — Wien redirects here. For other uses, see Wien (disambiguation). This article is about the capital of Austria. For other uses, see Vienna (disambiguation). Vienna Wien … Wikipedia
Congress of Berlin — For similar international conferences in Berlin, see Berlin Conference (disambiguation). Anton von Werner, Congress of Berlin (1881): Bismarck between Gyula Andrássy and Pyotr Shuvalov, on the left Alajos Károlyi, Alexander Gorchakov and Benjamin … Wikipedia
Congress — This article is about the forum. For other uses, see Congress (disambiguation). For systems of government similar to the U.S. federal government, see presidential system. A congress is a formal meeting of the representatives of different nations … Wikipedia
Labrador (disambiguation) — Labrador can refer to:Geographical regions*Labrador, region in Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador *Labrador (electoral district) *Labrador Peninsula *Labrador SeaTowns*Labrador, Queensland, Australia *Labrador, Pangasinan, Philippines … Wikipedia
Klemens von Metternich — Metternich redirects here. For other uses, see Metternich (disambiguation). Klemens Wenzel von Metternich Portrait of Prince Metternich (c. 1825) by Sir Thomas Lawrence. Prince of Metternich … Wikipedia