Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center
Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center (MMTC) provides Michigan’s small and medium sized manufacturers with operational assessment, process improvement training, mentoring services, website technical assistance and market diversification tactics. MMTC is the Michigan affiliate of federal Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership through the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
Headquartered in Plymouth, the MMTC has five affiliate offices located in Flint, Grand Rapids, Marquette, Saginaw, and Traverse City to serve Michigan manufacturers.
Working for Southeast Michigan
MMTC's vision is to be the principal source of high performance business and technical assistance for Michigan's small to mid-sized manufacturers and the partner of choice for the economic development community. MMTC's impact goes beyond the factory floor to create a ripple effect of positive sustainable impact on business, its workforce, and the community.
Since 1991, MMTC's full-time consulting staff has provided training and implementation assistance to a wide variety of industry sectors. Their expertise is provided on a fee for service basis and we frequently assist businesses in applying for federal and state funds to supplement fees.
Federal and Regional Partners
MMTC is an integral part of Michigan's statewide manufacturing strategy and is a partner with the Michigan Economic Development Corporation, as well as with other economic development organizations across Southeast Michigan. MMTC operates as part of the National Institute of Standards and Technology Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership [http://meds.michiganadvantage.org] that has over 400 locations nationwide, providing access to industry-driven best processes and practices. They often work directly with community colleges to meet the needs of local manufacturers.
MMTC delivers solutions that bring bottom-line results. We are measured by the success of our clients.
The Southeast Michigan office of MMTC, located in Plymouth, is part of a statewide network of six regional offices.
- Plymouth [http://www.mmtc.org] - The largest of the regional offices, SEMI facilities have state-of-the-art technology and teaching tools to deliver cutting-edge training to manufacturing clients. SEMI staff is comprised of industrial segment experts as well as program experts in LEAN, Six Sigma, quality, environmental, marketing and management.
- Grand Rapids [http://www.rightplace.org] - As the Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center West regional office, The Right Place, Inc. links area manufacturers to a network of technical resources. By working in partnership with other economic development organizations, it helps to deliver these services to a 17-county region.
- Flint [http://www.flintchamber.org] - The Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center – Genesee Valley provides technical assistance, training, and group project opportunities to manufacturers with less than 500 employees. Listed below are a few of the services businesses can receive assistance in: Lean Business Systems, Quality Systems, Training employers, Market Diversification, Workforce.
- Saginaw [http://www.svsu.edu/cmi/] - The world of manufacturing is witnessing unparallel competitive pressures. Helping companies find ways to surmount these pressures and strive to be the best, both for growth and long term survival, is what the Center for Manufacturing Improvement (CMI) is all about. CMI offers services including: Executive Level and Team Leader Training, On-Site Implementation, LEAN Six Sigma, Green and Black Belt Certification and Much More.
- Traverse City [http://www.mnc.edu/trac/] - Your organizational goals are the force behind the design and delivery of NMC training and research services. Our staff works with each client to assess needs and design training and/or research aligned with your organizational strategies.
Mission: Improve the competitiveness of small and midsize manufacturers in Northwest Lower Michigan. We help you gain a competitive edge by bringing you the latest resources that draw on a national and statewide network.
- Marquette [http://www.niupnorth.org/html/business_consulting.htm] - Northern Initiatives believes that healthy community development is a product of stable and growing businesses that provides the means for local residents to be active contributors to civic, cultural, and community life. In rural communities, a thriving economy underpinned by sustainable development is made vital through the development and support of its entrepreneurs.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Michigan — This article is about the U.S. state of Michigan. For other uses, see Michigan (disambiguation). State of Michigan … Wikipedia
Michigan Limestone and Chemical Company — Type Public Industry Manufacturing, Mining Founded 1910 Headquarters Rogers City, Michigan, USA Key people … Wikipedia
Michigan — /mish i geuhn/, n. 1. a state in the N central United States. 9,258,344; 58,216 sq. mi. (150,780 sq. km). Cap.: Lansing. Abbr.: MI (for use with zip code), Mich. 2. Lake, a lake in the N central U.S., between Wisconsin and Michigan: one of the… … Universalium
Michigan Molecular Institute — (MMI) is an advanced polymer research and education organization based in Midland, Michigan. Most of MMI s 35 scientists focus primarily on materials science, with specialties in the fields of photonics, membranes, specialty coatings, unique… … Wikipedia
Ann Arbor, Michigan — For other uses, see Ann Arbor (disambiguation). City of Ann Arbor City … Wikipedia
Lansing, Michigan — Lansing redirects here. For other uses, see Lansing (disambiguation). City of Lansing City view of downtown … Wikipedia
Detroit, Michigan — Infobox Settlement name = Detroit official name = The City of Detroit settlement type = City nickname = The Motor City, Motown, Hockeytown, Rock City, The D motto = Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus (Latin for, We Hope For Better Things; It… … Wikipedia
Grand Rapids, Michigan — Grand Rapids redirects here. For other uses, see Grand Rapids (disambiguation). City of Grand Rapids City Images from top to bottom … Wikipedia
University of Michigan — This article is about the Ann Arbor campus. For other uses, see University of Michigan (disambiguation). University of Michigan Motto Artes, Scientia, Veritas Motto in English Arts, Knowledge, Truth … Wikipedia
List of University of Michigan faculty and staff — The University of Michigan has 6,200 faculty members and roughly 38,000 employees which include National Academy members, and Nobel and Pulitzer Prize winners. Several past presidents have gone on to become presidents of Ivy League… … Wikipedia