The MIL-STD-883 standard establishes uniform methods, controls, and procedures for testing microelectronic devices suitable for use within Military and Aerospace electronic systems including basic environmental tests to determine resistance to deleterious effects of natural elements and conditions surrounding military and space operations; mechanical and electrical tests; workmanship and training procedures; and such other controls and constraints as have been deemed necessary to ensure a uniform level of quality and reliability suitable to the intended applications of those devices. For the purpose of this standard, the term "devices" includes such items as monolithic, multichip, film and hybrid microcircuits, microcircuit arrays, and the elements from which the circuits and arrays are formed. This standard is intended to apply only to microelectronic devices.
Environmental tests, methods 1001-1034
Barometric pressure, reduced (altitude operation); Immersion; Insulation resistance; Moisture resistance; Steady state life; Intermittent life; Agree life; Stabilization bake; Salt atmosphere; Temperature cycling; Thermal shock; Thermal characteristics; Dew point; Seal; Burn-in test; Life/reliability characterization tests; Neutron irradiation; Internal gas analysis; Ionizing radiation (total dose) test procedure; Dose rate induced latchup test procedure; Dose rate upset testing of digital microcircuits; Mosfet threshold voltage; Dose rate response of linear microcircuits; Preseal burn-in; Thin film corrosion test; Package induced soft error test procedure; Endurance life test; Die penetrant test
Mechanical tests, methods 2001-2036
Constant acceleration; Mechanical shock; Solderability; Lead integrity; Vibration fatigue; Vibration noise; Vibration, variable frequency; Visual and mechanical; External visual; Internal visual (monolithic); Bond strength (bond pull test); Radiography; Internal visual inspection for DPA; Internal visual and mechanical; Resistance to solvents; Physical dimensions; Internal visual (hybrid); Scanning electron microscope (SEM) inspection of metallization; Die shear strength; Particle impact noise detection test (PIND); Glassivation layer integrity; Wetting balance solderability; Nondestructive bond pull; Lid torque for glass-frit-sealed packages; Adhesion of lead finish; Random vibration; Substrate attach strength; Pin grid package destructive lead pull test; Ceramic chip carrier bond strength; Ultrasonic inspection of die attach; Flip chip pull-off test; Visual inspection of passive elements; Ultrasonic inspection of TAB bonds; Resistance to soldering heat.
Electrical tests (digital), methods 3001-3024
Drive source, dynamic; Load conditions; Delay measurements; Transition time measurements; Power supply current; High level output voltage; Low level output voltage; Breakdown voltage, input or output; Input current, low level; Input current, high level; Output short circuit current; Terminal capacitance; Noise margin measurements for digital microelectronic devices; Functional testing; Electrostatic discharge sensitivity classification; Activation time verification; Microelectronics package digital signal transmission; Crosstalk measurements for digital microelectronic device packages; Ground and power supply impedance measurements for digital microelectronics device packages; High impedance (off-state) low-level output leakage current; High impedance (off-state) high-level output leakage current; Input clamp voltage; Static latch-up measurements for digital CMOS microelectronic devices; Simultaneous switching noise measurements for digital microelectronic devices.
Electrical tests (linear), methods 4001-4007
Input offset voltage and current and bias current; Phase margin and slew rate measurements; Common mode input voltage range; Common mode rejection ratio; Supply voltage rejection ratio; Open loop performance; Output performance; Power gain and noise figure; Automatic gain control range.
Test procedures, methods 5001-5013
Parameter mean value control; Parameter distribution control; Failure analysis procedures for microcircuits; Screening procedures; Qualification and quality conformance procedures; Limit testing; Wafer lot acceptance; Test procedures for hybrid and multichip microcircuits; Destructive physical analysis; Test procedures for custom monolithic microcircuits; Evaluation and acceptance procedures for polymeric adhesives; Fault coverage measurement for digital microcircuits; Wafer fabrication control and wafer acceptance procedures for processed GaAs wafers.
- "MIL-STD-883G, DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE TEST METHOD STANDARD: MICROCIRCUITS (28 FEB 2006)" (PDF). United States Department of Defense. 28 FEB 2006. http://www.everyspec.com/MIL-STD/MIL-STD+(0800+-+0899)/MIL-STD-883G_14587/.
- "MIL-PRF-19500N, PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATION: SEMICONDUCTOR DEVICES, GENERAL SPECIFICATION FOR" (PDF). United States Department of Defense. 30 NOV 2005. http://www.everyspec.com/MIL-PRF/MIL-PRF+(010000+-+29999)/MIL-PRF-19500N_9005/.
- "MIL-PRF-38534G, PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATION: HYBRID MICROCIRCUITS, GENERAL SPECIFICATION FOR" (PDF). United States Department of Defense. 09 MAR 2009. http://www.everyspec.com/MIL-PRF/MIL-PRF+(030000+-+79999)/MIL-PRF-38534G_14579/.
- "MIL-PRF-38535H, PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATION: INTEGRATED CIRCUITS (MICROCIRCUITS) MANUFACTURING, GENERAL SPECIFICATION FOR" (PDF). United States Department of Defense. 16 MAR 2007. http://www.everyspec.com/MIL-PRF/MIL-PRF+(030000+-+79999)/MIL-PRF-38535H_14584/.
- "MIL-STD-1835D, MILITARY STANDARD, ELECTRONIC CASE OUTLINES" (PDF). United States Department of Defense. 01 JAN 2004. http://www.everyspec.com/MIL-STD/MIL-STD+(1800+-+1999)/MIL_STD_1835_1720/.
- "MIL-HDBK-217F, MILITARY HANDBOOK: RELIABILITY PREDICTION OF ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT" (PDF). United States Department of Defense. 02 DEC 1991. http://www.everyspec.com/MIL-HDBK/MIL-HDBK+(0200+-+0299)/MIL-HDBK-217F_14591/.
- "MIL-HDBK-505, DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE HANDBOOK FOR DEFINITIONS OF ITEM LEVELS, ITEM EXCHANGEABILITY, MODELS, AND RELATED TERMS" (PDF). United States Department of Defense. 12 FEB 1998. http://www.everyspec.com/MIL-HDBK/MIL-HDBK+(0500+-+0599)/MIL_HDBK_505_2137/.
- MIL-STD-883 - Test method standard for microcircuits  (no other reference for methods above is necessary, MIL-STD-883 has no government copyrights and written with the expressed intention of being emulated and expressed exactly as-is, and as singular reference)
- MIL-PRF-19500 - Semiconductor Devices, General Specification For.
- MIL-PRF-38534 - Hybrid Microcircuits, General Specification For.
- MIL-PRF-38535 - Integrated Circuits (Microcircuits) Manufacturing, General Specification For.
- MIL-STD-1835 - Electronic Component Case Outlines.
- MIL-HDBK-217 - Reliability Prediction of Electronic Equipment.
- MIL-HDBK-505 - Definitions of Item Levels, Item Exchangeability, Models, and Related Terms.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Defense Standard — A United States Defense Standard, often called a military standard, MIL STD , or MIL SPEC , is used to help achieve standardization objectives by the U.S. Department of Defense. Standardization is beneficial in achieving interoperability,… … Wikipedia
United States Military Standard — A United States defense standard, often called a military standard, MIL STD , MIL SPEC , or (informally) MilSpecs , is used to help achieve standardization objectives by the U.S. Department of Defense. Standardization is beneficial in achieving… … Wikipedia
Human body model — The human body model (HBM) is the most commonly used model for characterizing the susceptibility of an electronic device to damage from electrostatic discharge (ESD). The model is a simulation of the discharge which might occur when a human… … Wikipedia
Electrostatic discharge — (ESD) is the sudden and momentary electric current that flows between two objects at different electrical potentials. The term is usually used in the electronics and other industries to describe momentary unwanted currents that may cause damage… … Wikipedia
SGS-TÜV — GmbH Rechtsform GmbH Gründung 1998 Sitz Sulzbach, Deutschland Leitung Vincent Furnari (Geschäftsführer); Dr. Ing. Wolfram Oppermann (Geschäftsführer) Mit … Deutsch Wikipedia
AR-15 variants — This article is a review of many variations of the AR 15 family of weapons. Weapons patterned on the original ArmaLite AR 15 have been produced by numerous manufacturers and have been used by nations around the world, some of which created their… … Wikipedia
"ЧЕЛЛЕНДЖЕР" — Танк хотя и относится к третьему послевоенному поколению, представляет собой развитие конструкции танка второго поколения. Линия танков наглядно показывает конструкторский консерватизм англичан и их особый путь в мировом танкостроении с… … Энциклопедия техники
Operadores del Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Países usuarios del F 16 Fighting Falcon … Wikipedia Español
Anexo:Operadores del Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon — Este artículo o sección necesita una revisión de ortografía y gramática. Puedes colaborar editándolo (lee aquí sugerencias para mejorar tu ortografía). Cuando se haya corregido, borra este aviso por favor … Wikipedia Español
Cyclic redundancy check — A cyclic redundancy check (CRC) is an error detecting code designed to detect accidental changes to raw computer data, and is commonly used in digital networks and storage devices such as hard disk drives. Blocks of data entering these systems… … Wikipedia