- Pinch (dubstep musician)
Rob Ellis, better known as Pinch, is a
dubstepartist from Bristol, United Kingdom[ [http://www.residentadvisor.net/dj-page.aspx?id=1756 "Bristol's leading man in dubstep] ] noted for his fusion of styles such as Reggae, World Music, and Dancehallwith dubstep. He released his first album, "Underwater Dancehall" in 2007, on Tectonicrecords, which he founded. One of Pinch's most well-known tracks is "Qawwali", which references the devotional singing of the same name and features samples of harmoniumand singer Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, which was released on Planet Murecords [ [http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/feature/46000-the-month-in-grime-dubstep Article on Pinch] ] . His songs appear on compilations such as "Box of Dub: Dubstep and Future Dub 2" ( Soul Jazz Records), "Science Faction: Dubstep" ( Breakbeat Science Recordings), "10 Tons Heavy" ( Planet Mu) and "200" ( Planet Mu).
* [http://www.cokemachineglow.com/record_review/1577/pinch Review of Pinch's underwater dancehall album]
* [http://themusiclobby.com/dubstep/pinch-underwater-dancehall-tectonic-2007.html Short review of Underwater Dancehall at The Music Lobby]
* [http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=56131 Underwater Dancehall review at Boomkat]
* [http://www.dustedmagazine.com/reviews/3978 Underwater Dancehall Review at Dusted Magazine]
* [http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/52420/pinch-underwater-dancehall/ Pinch review at Pop Matters]
* [http://www.discogs.com/artist/Pinch+(2) Pinch at Discogs]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Cyrus (dubstep musician) — Jason Flynn is a Dubstep producer hailing from Croydon. He DJ s and produces under the alias Cyrus. Contents 1 Biography 2 Discography 2.1 RTP … Wikipedia
Pinch — may refer to:* Pinch (cooking), a very small amount of an ingredient, typically salt or a spice * Pinch, West VirginiaMathematics and Science* Pinch (plasma physics), the compression of a plasma filament by magnetic forces, or a device which uses … Wikipedia
Synthesizer — For other uses, see Synthesizer (disambiguation). Synth redirects here. For other uses, see Synth (disambiguation). See also: Software synthesizer Early Minimoog by R.A. Moog Inc. (ca. 1970) A synthesizer (often abbreviated synth ) is an… … Wikipedia
Synthpop — Electropop and Technopop redirect here. For other uses, see Electropop (disambiguation) and Technopop (disambiguation). Synthpop Stylistic origins Disco, New Wave, electronic, pop, post punk, glam rock, krautrock Cultural origins 1977–80 in… … Wikipedia