INCA Internet Co., Ltd.
Type Public Industry Computer Software Founded Seoul, Republic of Korea
(Jan 31, 2000)
Founder(s) Young Heum Joo Headquarters Guro Digital Complex in Seoul, South Korea Area served Computer security Key people Young Heum Joo:
President and CEO
Products nProtect Netizen
GameGuard Personal 2007
nProtect Anti-virus/Spyware 2007
nProtect Internet Security 2007
nProtect Scanner USB
Website www.nprotect.com INCA Internet Hangul 잉카인터넷 Revised Romanization Ingka Inteonet McCune–Reischauer Ingk'a Int'ŏnet
INCA Internet Corporation (Korean: 잉카인터넷), also known as nProtect, is a corporation which sells computer software. INCA Internet was founded by Young Heum Joo, the current CEO and President of INCA Internet, in 2000. It offers anti-virus, anti-spyware, game security, and unified corporate security. Headquartered in Seoul, Republic of Korea, INCA Internet was selected as one of the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Korea 2007 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Asia Pacific 2007.
- 1 Company Overview
- 2 History
- 3 Markets
- 4 Corporate Affairs
- 5 Products
- 6 Criticism
- 7 See also
- 8 Notes and references
- 9 External links
INCA Internet is one of the leading information security companies of the Republic of Korea and the line of products is branded 'nProtect'. Young Heum Joo found the company on January 31, 2000 and currently holds the position of CEO and President of INCA Internet. The company currently holds more than 70% of the market share of information security for Korean financial institutions and more than 90% of game portal security. It is a public company limited by shares, Young Hem Joo being the largest stockholder, followed by JAIC from Japan and MeesPierson from the Netherlands. A major investor to the company is DFJ (Draper Fisher Jurvetson), a venture capital firm famous for funding Hotmail (acquired by Microsoft), Overture (acquired by Yahoo), Skype (acquired by eBay) and Baidu (the leading Chinese search engine).[not in citation given] Other major investors include JAIC, Japan's largest independent venture capital firm, and KDB (Korea Development Bank).
The main business areas of INCA Internet include online PC security services for financial institutions, internet business corporations, and online game corporations among others, online game security solutions, a united PC security solution for corporate internal security and a B2C business such as an online Anti-Virus for normal internet users.
INCA Internet was one of the first Application Service Provider (ASP) companies in the online PC security industry. The products are widely used by Korean and Japanese financial institutions, public institutions, worldwide on-line game companies.
INCA Internet was awarded the IR52 Jang Yeong-sil award, which is regarded as the highest and most reputable award in the Korean industrial technology field. It acquired the ISO 9000 Certificate by TUViT, an IT certification institution affiliated to the German RWTUV group. INCA Internet was the only information security company in Korea to be included in the Deloitte Technology Fast500 Asia Pacific 2007. INCA Internet currently has client companies in 23 countries and a total of more than 200 million users in over 170 countries.
INCA Internet first came into the market on January 2000, and acquired a global patent through 'nProtect Netizen' which was the first program to provide a real-time client PC information security service. INCA Internet has developed into a strong corporation with an independent technology and is leading the Korean and Japanese security market in the financial and electronic commerce industry.
When INCA Internet was first founded, the internet usage's fast spread, ill-intended cyber attack pattern diversification, the user's niche for various complicated malware started to show the limit of single one-time purchase security solutions and HW based information security products. Since then, INCA Internet has quickly adjusted to the information security market trend and provided an end-user based user friendly PC security solution that is optimized for today's internet environment.
Since December 2005, INCA Internet has been located within the Guro Digital Complex, which is the largest IT industrial complex of Korea and played a pivotal role in the economic growth of Korea, referred to as the "Miracle on the Han" contributing 10% of national exports in the 1970s. It is a futuristic industrial hub, centering on research and development, advanced information, technology, and knowledge industries. The relocation has had a great synergy effect on INCA Internet and many IT corporations located here have benefited through information sharing and partnerships.
All INCA Internet nProtect products apply a SaaS (software as a service) model. It was the first company of the security industry to provide internet banking security online and has since spread the SaaS model into PC security and web security.
The company currently holds more than 70% of the market share of information security for Korean financial institutions and more than 90% of game portal security. Internationally, INCA Internet mainly provides security solutions for China, Japan, South-east Asia, and Europe. Companies such as JCB Card, UFJ, Tokyo Star Bank are among some of the corporations using INCA Internet's protection.
Young Heum Joo, born in 1976, is the current CEO and President of INCA Internet. He developed an anti-virus engine called Tachyon through Chollian, a Korean internet portal site and was a co-founder of the anti-virus company Hauri. In spite of his young age, due to his long experience in the vaccine industry, he is being recognized as one of the few vaccine experts of Korea. With this development experience, he founded INCA Internet which focuses on real-time PC information security services. Young Heum Joo worked as a software developer in Ahn Labs and also worked at the National Information Society Agency on research development. On March 1998, he co-founded Hauri and on January 2000 he founded INCA Internet. He stayed in Hauri until November 2003 when he became vice president of INCA Internet. Ever since December 2005, YoungHeum Joo has been the President and CEO of INCA Internet. On 2007, Young Heum Joo was selected as one of the 2007 Seoul Digital Valley TOP 100 CEO by the Guro District Office and the Korea Venture Industry Association.
- 2001.12.13: Selected as Digital Times 2001 IT Hit Product
- 2001.12.15: Selected as 2001 Second Half of the Year Seokyong Hit Product by Seoul Financial Times (Hankooki.com)
- 2002.07.09: Acquired the ISO 9000 Certificate by TUViT, an IT certification institution affiliated to the German RWTUV group
- 2002.08.03: Awarded the Jang Yeong-sil 38th IR52 (Industrial Research) Award by the Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology of the Republic of Korea
- 2002.12.06: Awarded the 3rd Korean Software Product Awards Bronze Award by the Federation of Korea Information Industries
- 2003.12.23: Awarded the Digital Innovations Awards 2003 Award-of-Excellence by the Promising Information & Communication Companies Association
- 2005.03.25: Awarded the Elite Manager of the Republic of Korea 2005 Award by The Herald Business of the Republic of Korea
- 2005.06.28: Awarded the First Half of the Year Popular Product Recommended Product Award by ETNEWS of the Republic of Korea for the product nProtect Netizen v4.0
- 2006.10.19: Awarded the Venture Business Awards 2006 Prime Minister Award by the Korea Venture Industry Association
- 2006.12.19: Awarded the 3rd Korean Software Technology Awards Award-of-Excellence by the Korean Software Promotion Agency
- 2007.07.11: Selected as one of the Deloitte Technology Fast50 Korea 2007 by Deloitte Anjin LLC
- 2007.12.06: Selected as one of the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Asia Pacific by Deloitte Global
- 2007.12.31: Selected as one of the 2007 Seoul Digital Valley TOP 100 CEO by the Guro District Office and the Korea Venture Industry Association
- 2008.05.15: Awarded the 5th Global Standard Management Awards First Prize for the Information Management Sector by the Korea Management Association (KMA)
- 2008.06.12: Selected as a Promising Export Small and Medium Company
Online Game Security System
- Provides game security for online game companies and portal sites in the form of B2B2C to provide security to games and game users (from hacking, cracking, user account information stealing, system viruses and other cyber crimes)
- Bundled with many multiplayer online games such as Aion: The Tower of Eternity, Phantasy Star Universe, MapleStory, GunBound, GunZ: The Duel, Sudden Attack, FlyFF, Ragnarok Online and 9dragons
- Hides the game application process, monitors the entire memory range, terminates applications defined by the game vendor and INCA to be cheats, blocks certain calls to DirectX functions and Windows APIs and auto-updates itself to change as new threats surface.
- GameGuard is a subject of some controversy as the program itself is a rootkit that is installed without user authorization on their client machine.
nProtect Netizen, nProtect Personal, nProtect Keycrypt
ASP based PC Security
- Provides protection for internet banking, electronic commerce and online transactions
- 24 hour stabilization service and provides customization for clients
- Many business models are possible such as B2B2C, B2C, B2B according to the customer and client preferences and goals
nProtect Anti-Virus/Spyware, nProtect GameGuard Personal 2007
- Provides end-user clients with real-time protection from viruses, spyware, hacking tools and other malware
- GameGuard Personal product which contains PC optimization, game account protection, and Game Mode features for game users
- File Management feature for file encryption/decryption and Secure Deletion
- Provides protection for corporations, public institutions, research facilities and educational institutions in the form of B2B based on PC firewall technology and provides a unified PC security solution for corporate users,
- Provides unified administrator features for security managers and electronic managers within the organization.
- Prevention of information leakage of sensitive and confidential information through information asset security.
- Provides web security by inspecting the security vulnerabilities of applications providing services through the web and providing detailed descriptions and solutions to the vulnerabilities.
- Inspects the Top 10 recommended security inspections by OWASP and further inspects for new, popular attacks and vulnerabilities of the server or service.
- Provides fast inspection through multi-thread inspection and also provides a simulated hacking tool that can be used to simulate a security breach for security vulnerabilities found to provide a better understanding of the vulnerability.
Their programs are widely used in the Korean internet environment; and depend on ActiveX and Microsoft Windows. Internet banks in the Korea need these programs by law, so users using Linux, Mac OS X, or other browsers or operating systems besides Internet Explorer and Microsoft Windows can not access these online banks.
Most of the functions run at kernel level of an OS, so versions of Windows that use UAC or User Account Control (Windows Vista, Windows 7) are unable to run smoothly. Some input devices especially USB Keyboard are unable to function in conjunction with nProtect.
nProtect Netizen, nProtect Personal and nProtect Keycrypt are programs used mostly for internet banking in Korea. They are programmed to terminate processes that are not associated with banking, but processes are terminated indiscriminately if they are deemed a threat and thus may compromise a system's stability. These programs also inject themselves into all existing processes from startup, and sometimes collide with other anti-viruses. More problematically, Korean banks do not update their program every time INCA releases an update.
- nProtect GameGuard
- Anti-Virus Software
Notes and references
- ^ a b c "Technology Fast 500 Asia Pacific" (PDF). Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu. http://www.deloitte.com/dtt/cda/doc/content/Deloitte%20Technology%20Fast500%20Asia%20Pacific%20Winners%20Report.pdf.
- ^ "Corporate Information of INCA". The Digital Times. 2006-04-10. http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=105&oid=029&aid=0000134069.
- ^ "About DFJ". DFJ.com. http://www.dfj.com/about/.
- ^ a b "INCA Internet awarded IR52 Award". Maeil Business News. 2002-08-04. http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=009&aid=0000233328.
- ^ a b "INCA Internet acquires ISO 9000". Money Today. 2002-07-09. http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=101&oid=008&aid=0000185404.
- ^ "Great Synergy Effect in Guro Digital Complex". Segye.com. 2008-07-18. http://www.segye.com/Articles/NEWS/ECONOMY/Article.asp?aid=20080718000529&subctg1=&subctg2=.
- ^ "INCA provides security for JCB Cards". Yonhap News. 2005-01-26. http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=101&oid=001&aid=0000894972.
- ^ a b "INCA Internet "ruling" Japanese Financial Institution Security Market". Money Today. 2005-04-07. http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=105&oid=008&aid=0000524976.
- ^ "INCA Internet CEO, Young Heum Joo". ETNews. 2005-12-08. http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=102&oid=030&aid=0000126551.
- ^ "INCA Internet Founder, Young Heum Joo". Money Today. 2005-12-08. http://www.moneytoday.co.kr/view/mtview.php?type=1&no=2005120810341610974&outlink=1.
- ^ NProtect GameGuard
- ^ Simply go to Internet banking page of the Post office of Korea, http://www.epostbank.go.kr/?dp_id=D_001 Using MSIE, you can see many Security Alerts. Using other browsers, you will be unable to proceed. That page means 'If you see alert message, must allow all(Message for only MSIE).
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Inca (disambiguation) — Inca or Inka may refer to: *Inca civilization, centered in what is now Peru *Inca Empire (1438 1533) *Inca, Spain, a town on the island of Majorca in the Mediterranean Sea *İncə, Goychay, Azerbaijan *İncə, Shaki, Azerbaijan * Inca (video game),… … Wikipedia
Inca Dove — Conservation status Least Concern (IUCN 3.1) … Wikipedia
Inca Garcilaso de la Vega — Existen desacuerdos sobre la neutralidad en el punto de vista de la versión actual de este artículo o sección. En la página de discusión puedes consultar el debate al respecto … Wikipedia Español
Historia del Imperio Inca — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Después de la decadencia del segundo Horizonte cultural andino, con el agotamiento de la cultura Tiwanaku Wari, en la zona del Cusco en el Perú, aparece una cultura que va tomando forma y comienza un plan de… … Wikipedia Español
Caminos del Inca — Se ha sugerido que este artículo o sección sea fusionado con Cápac Ñan (discusión). Una vez que hayas realizado la fusión de artículos, pide la fusión de historiales aquí … Wikipedia Español
Coline D'Inca — Données clés Nom de naissance Coline Daluca Naissance 30 octobre 1991 (1991 10 30) (20 ans) Lyon (France) Nationalité … Wikipédia en Français
Guerra de subversión inca — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Guerra de Surbversion inca Fecha a … Wikipedia Español
Collared Inca — Male hovering … Wikipedia
Larosterna inca — Inkaseeschwalbe Inkaseeschwalbe (Larosterna inca) Systematik Klasse: Vögel (Aves) Ordnung … Deutsch Wikipedia
Distrito de Baños del Inca — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda El Distrito de Baños del Inca, se encuentra ubicado en la Provincia de Cajamarca, a sólo 6 km del Centro de la ciudad de Cajamarca, capital del Departamento de Cajamarca. Se encuentra a 2515 msnm . Además se… … Wikipedia Español