- Newburyport Harbor Light
Newburyport Harbor Light The current tower, built in 1898.
U.S. Coast Guard photo
Location Newburyport, Massachusetts Coordinates Coordinates: Year first constructed 1788 Year first lit 1898 (current structure) Automated 1951 Foundation Concrete
Construction Wood Tower shape Conical Markings / pattern White with black lantern Focal height 50ft (15m) Original lens 4th order Fresnel Lens Range 10nm Characteristic Oc (2) G 15s Fog signal none USCG number 1-260Newburyport Harbor Light Location: Northern Blvd., Newburyport, Massachusetts Coordinates: Coordinates: Area: 0.3 acres (0.12 ha) Built: 1788 Governing body: U.S. Coast Guard MPS: Lighthouses of Massachusetts TR NRHP Reference#: 87001485 Added to NRHP: June 15, 1987
The light is now owned by the City of Newburyport and is leased to the Friends of Plum Island Light.
- ^ "Historic Light Station Information and Photography: Massachusetts". United States Coast Guard Historian's Office. 2009-09-06. http://www.uscg.mil/history/weblighthouses/LHMA.asp.
- ^ United States Coast Guard (2009). Light List, Volume I, Atlantic Coast, St. Croix River, Maine to Shrewsbury River, New Jersey. p. 4.
- ^ a b "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13. http://nrhp.focus.nps.gov/natreg/docs/All_Data.html.
- ^ "Classical Lenses in Operation". US Coast Guard. 2009-08-06. http://www.uscg.mil/history/docs/CG_Classical_Lens_in_Operation.pdf.
- ^ Rowlett, Russ (2009-09-06). "Lighthouses of the United States: Northern Massachusetts". The Lighthouse Directory. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/lighthouse/ma.htm.
U.S. National Register of Historic Places Topics Lists by statesAlabama • Alaska • Arizona • Arkansas • California • Colorado • Connecticut • Delaware • Florida • Georgia • Hawaii • Idaho • Illinois • Indiana • Iowa • Kansas • Kentucky • Louisiana • Maine • Maryland • Massachusetts • Michigan • Minnesota • Mississippi • Missouri • Montana • Nebraska • Nevada • New Hampshire • New Jersey • New Mexico • New York • North Carolina • North Dakota • Ohio • Oklahoma • Oregon • Pennsylvania • Rhode Island • South Carolina • South Dakota • Tennessee • Texas • Utah • Vermont • Virginia • Washington • West Virginia • Wisconsin • Wyoming Lists by territories Lists by associated states Other Category:National Register of Historic Places • Portal:National Register of Historic Places This article about a National Register of Historic Places listing in Essex County Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.