Shout Out Louds
Infobox musical artist
Name = Shout Out Louds
Background = group_or_band
Origin = flagicon|Sweden
Indie pop Indie rock Twee pop
Years_active = 2001–present
Label = Bud Fox (
United States) Weekender Records( UK) Dew Process( Australia/NZ)
URL = [http://www.shoutoutlouds.com www.shoutoutlouds.com]
Current_members = Adam Olenius
Carl von Arbin
Shout Out Louds is an
indie rockband from Stockholm, Sweden.
The band's original name was Luca Brasi but changed their name when they found out that another band had already used the name. All members have been friends since they were young. The band has toured extensively throughout the world in support of their debut album "
Howl Howl Gaff Gaff". Their second album, " Our Ill Wills", has been released in Sweden and debuted in North America on September 11, 2007. They have also released several videos from their various singles, the majority of which were featured on either TV Guide's "M-Vids" or AOL's Music on Demand services.
* They were featured in the arts section of "
The New York Times" in November 2005.
* They have toured with bands such as
The Strokes, Kings of Leon, Secret Machines, The Dears, The Magic Numbers, The Rosebuds, The Sun, The Essex Green, Johnossi, and Nico Vega.
* Bass player Ted Malmros won a
Grammis(the Swedish version of the Grammy Awards) for directing the Peter Bjorn and Johnvideo " Young Folks".
* They were featured in the charity concert in the TV show One Tree Hill with their song "Please Please Please", which is also on the sampler. The incoming profits went straight to "The National Breast Cancer Foundation".
* The Comeback was featured in MLB 06 the show. It was the Ratatat remix.
* Bebban Stenborg sang the female vocal at Coachella 2007 for
Peter Bjorn and John's Young Folks
* The band covered the
Poguessong, Streams of Whiskey, in their 2007 EP, Tonight I Have To Leave It.
James Fearnleyand Spider Stacyfrom the Pogues, joins the band on stage performing Streams of Whiskey in November 2007 at the Henry Fonda Theater in LA
* The 2008 Film
What Happens in Vegas...features the song "Tonight I Have To Leave It" during the film as well as on its Soundtrack
* The 2008 Film
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, the song "Very Loud" was featured in advertisements for the film.
* Adam Olenius -
Ted Malmros- bass, percussion, backing vocals
* Carl von Arbin -
guitar, backing vocals
* Eric Edman - drums
* Bebban Stenborg - keyboards,
accordion, glockenspiel, moog, backing vocals
*"100° EP" (2003)
*"Oh, Sweetheart EP" (2004)
*"Very Loud EP" (2004)
*"The Combines EP" (Remixes) (2006)
*"Hurry Up Let's Go" (2003)
Shut Your Eyes" (2003)
*"Please Please Please" (2004)
*"Very Loud / Wish I Was Dead" (2004)
*"The Comeback" (2005)
*"Please Please Please", Charted UK #53 (2006)
Tonight I Have to Leave It" (2007)
*SXSW: The Best Of The West EP (
March 15, 2005) - "Never Ever"
November 8, 2005) - "Wish I Was Dead, Pt. 2"
February 7, 2006) - "Please Please Please"
*Seventeen: The Best New Music (Hear It First) (
April 18, 2006) - "Hurry Up Let's Go"
* [http://www.shoutoutlouds.com/ Official Site]
* [http://www.myspace.com/shoutoutlouds MySpace]
* [http://svt-psl.colo.netstar.se/default.aspx?entryID=42 Shout Out Louds plays Tonight I have to leave it at PSL]
* [http://www.99matters.de/shout-out-louds/ Shout Out Louds - Video Interview: "What is really important to you?"]
* [http://wennsrockt.de/shout-out-louds Interview and live videos at wenn's rockt! WebTV]
* [http://www.hatesomethingbeautiful.com/?p=492 Interview] from Hate Something Beautiful
* [http://www.webcutsmusic.com/news7.html Interview] from Webcuts
* [http://www.theyshootmusic.com/posts/5 Acoustic Session with 'They Shoot Music Dont They']
* [http://www.lyricpages.com/shout-out-louds-b3740.html Lyrics at Lyricpages.com]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Shout Out Louds — en concierto Datos generales Origen … Wikipedia Español
Shout out Louds — est un groupe de pop/rock originaire de Stockholm (Suède). Formés en 2001 autour de Ted Malmros, Adam Olenius et Carl Von Arbin, vites rejoints par Bebban Stenborg et Eric Adam, ils jouent une musique à la croisée du rock et de la New Wave. Ils… … Wikipédia en Français
Shout Out Louds — Shout Out Louds … Deutsch Wikipedia
Shout Out Louds — est un groupe de pop/rock originaire de Stockholm (Suède). Formés en 2001 autour de Ted Malmros, Adam Olenius et Carl Von Arbin, vite rejoints par Bebban Stenborg et Eric Adam, ils jouent une musique à la croisée du rock et de la New Wave. Ils… … Wikipédia en Français
Way Out West Festival — infobox music festival music festival name = Way Out West location = Slottsskogen, Gothenburg, Sweden years active= 2007 present dates = Second weekend in August (3 days) genre = Rock, Alternative rock, Indie rock, Electronic music, Hip hop,… … Wikipedia
Our Ill Wills — Shout Out Louds Shout Out Louds est un groupe de pop/rock originaire de Stockholm (Suède). Formés en 2001 autour de Ted Malmros, Adam Olenius et Carl Von Arbin, vites rejoints par Bebban Stenborg et Eric Adam, ils jouent une musique à la croisée… … Wikipédia en Français
Merge Records discography — Contents 1 1989–2000 2 Since 2000 3 20th anniversary compilation … Wikipedia
Our Ill Wills — Studio album by Shout Out Louds Released … Wikipedia
Bird automatic — Infobox musical artist Name = Bird Automatic Img capt = Background = group or band Origin = Flagicon|AUS Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Genre = Indie pop Label = Independent Years active = 2006 present URL =… … Wikipedia
Train in Vain — Infobox Single Name = Train in Vain Artist = The Clash from Album = London Calling B side = London Calling Released = Start date|1980|2|12 Format = 7 vinyl Recorded = 1979 at Wessex Studios, London, England Genre = Punk rock Length = 3:12 Label … Wikipedia