2009 British Touring Car Championship season
Previous = 2008
Current = 2009
Next = 2010
The 2009 HiQ MSA
British Touring Car Championshipseason will be the 52nd British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) season. It is also the second time that the championship is sponsored by HiQ.
The 2009 BTCC entry list won't be revealed until March but some entry news has already been announced.
SEAThave announced that they have ended their participation as a manufacturer in the BTCC. Jason Platoand Darren Turnerhave had their contracts terminated and are both currently without a touring car drive for 2009. [http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70472 SEAT to quit series at end of 2009]
Erkut Kızılırmakhas announced he won't compete in the 2009 BTCC, instead chosing to focus on his domestic Turkish Touring Car Championship in his Vauxhall Astra Sport Hatch. He intends to return in 2010. [http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70681 Kizilirmak to switch cars for Brands]
* Clyde Valley Racing will enter next season's BTCC, and they will run a pair of bio-fuel SEAT Leons. Former BTCC race winner
Dan Eaves& rookie Phiroze Bilimoria will be the team's drivers. [http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68172 Clyde Valley Racing to enter BTCC 2009]
* Michael Doyle could possibly return to the BTCC in 2009, after the Scot received some major backing from the Scottish Sun. [http://www.crash.net/motorsport/btcc/news/168800-0/doyle_secures_early_09_backing.html Doyle Secures Early Backing for 2009]
* Team RAC could expand to run 3 cars for the 2009 Season, if the budget can be found. Colin Turkington has signed on for another year. [http://www.crash.net/motorsport/btcc/news/169377-0/rac_could_expand_for_09.html Team RAC Could Expand For 2009]
* Andrew Jordan will return with a Eurotech-run Vauxhall Vectra. His father Mike will step back from driving to mentor his son and look after the running of the operation
* Motorbase Performance are returning next year with the same BMWs and the same drivers. A third car is a possibility.
* It's rummored that Ford will enter a manufacturer's team next year consisting of three Ford Focus ST's.
Possible Teams and drivers
:"Key to classes: M = Manufacturer, I = Independent
The 2009 season will again have ten race weekends with three BTCC rounds at each. Provisional dates have now been announced by series organisers. [ [http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=1056&month=0&year=2008&form=&searchterm=] BTCC announced 2009 calendar]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
2008 British Touring Car Championship season — BTCC season Previous = 2007 Current = 2008 Next = 2009The 2008 HiQ MSA British Touring Car Championship season was the 51st British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) season. It was also the first that the championship is sponsored by HiQ. Fabrizio… … Wikipedia
British Touring Car Championship — BTCC redirects here. For other uses, see BTCC (disambiguation). British Touring Car Championship Category Touring cars Country or region … Wikipedia
Next Generation Touring Car — Motor racing formula Category Touring cars Country or region United Kingdom Championships … Wikipedia
SEAT Cupra Championship — The SEAT Cupra Championship is a one make series which runs as a support package to the British Touring Car Championship. The championship began in 2003 and joined the TOCA support tour a year later in 2004. The series will not continue for 2009 … Wikipedia
MaX5 Racing Championship — The MaX5 Racing Championship is a UK based one make sports car series using older specification mark 1 1600cc Mazda MX 5s. It was started in the summer of 2003 by Alyn Robson and Jonathan Halliwell, with the first race season being held in 2004.… … Wikipedia
Danish Touringcar Championship — Category Touring cars Country or region Denmark … Wikipedia
May 2009 in sports — Worldwide current events | Sports events … Wikipedia
Muscle car — This 1966 Pontiac GTO is an example of a classic muscle car Muscle car is a term used to refer to a variety of high performance automobiles. The Merriam Webster definition is more limiting, any of a group of American made 2 door sports coupes… … Wikipedia
Sports car racing — is a form of circuit auto racing with automobiles that have two seats and enclosed wheels. They may be purpose built or related to road going sports cars.A kind of hybrid between the purism of open wheelers and the familiarity of touring car… … Wikipedia
Champ Car — Category Single seaters Country or region International Inaugural season 1979 (as CART) 2004 (as Champ Car) … Wikipedia