Max Hattler (born 2 February 1976) is a German video artist and experimental filmmaker best known for his kaleidoscopic political short films “Collision” (2005) and "Spin" (2010), abstract stop motion work "AANAATT" (2008), and psychedelic animation loops "1923 aka Heaven" and "1925 aka Hell" (2010).
Max Hattler was born in Ulm, Germany. He is the son of Hellmut Hattler, a leading German bass player know mainly for his Krautrock band Kraan. Max Hattler graduated from Goldsmiths in 2001, and with a Master of Arts in Animation from the Royal College of Art in 2005. He lives in London and Germany.
Hattler’s films have been screened worldwide, including Edinburgh, Melbourne, San Francisco, Rotterdam, Onedotzero, Resfest, The Animation Show, Annecy Animation Festival, Zagreb Animation Festival, Anima Mundi, Image Forum Festival and the European Media Art Festival. His short ﬁlm “Collision” (2005) won several prizes including the LUX Award for Best Experimental Film, and the Award for Best Film at 700IS Reindeerland - Festival of Experimental film and video (Egilstaðir, Iceland). It was awarded a Prädikat Wertvoll by the FBW, Germany. Hattler's "Drift" (2007) won Best Digital Film at London International Animation Festival, and Best Experimental Film at Muuuvi Festival, Romania. "AANAATT" (2008) won the Visual Music Award 2010, the Host Award at Videofestival Bochum and Best Design at Eksjo Animation Festival, among others. "Spin" (2010) was honored with the Political Animation Award at KLIK! Amsterdam Animation Festival 2010, the grand prize at Moves Festival 2011, and others. "1925 aka Hell" (2010) won the Award for Best Short Short at St. Louis International Film Festival in 2010.
Max Hattler has exhibited internationally, including Lumen Eclipse (Cambridge, Massachusetts), MoCA Taipei (Taiwan), Gasworks Gallery (London), Art Below (London), Fries Museum (Leeuwarden, Holland), Yota Space (St. Petersburg, Russia), Asifakeil (Museumsquartier, Vienna) and others.
Short Films and Video Installations
- RE:AX aka Peace Starts With Me (2011)
- Sync (2010)
- Spin (2010)
- 1923 aka Heaven & 1925 aka Hell (2010)
- Your Highness (2010)
- Drift (2007)
- Striper v0.1 (2006)
- Collision (2005)
- Everything Turns (2004)
- Alpraum (2001, co-directed by Martin Heaton)
Live Audiovisual Performances
- Hattlerizer (2010)
- Asure (2010, with Mehmet Can Ozer)
- rescore 192010 (2010)
- (O) (2010, with Noriko Okaku)
- /\/\/\ (2009, with Noriko Okaku)
- Oh Yes (2009, with Noriko Okaku)
- Hattler vs. Seidel (2008, with Robert Seidel)
- Remixing the Past (2007, with music and super 8 films by Kraan)
- Jemapur – “AANAATT” (2008)
- Economy Wolf – “Mount Allen” (2007)
- Economy Wolf – “Theme For Yellow Kudra” (2006)
- Hellmut Hattler – “Nachtmaschine” (2005)
- Hellmut Hattler – “To Bed” (2003)
- Jovanotti – “L'Ombelico Del Mondo” (2011)
- Basement Jaxx – “Where's Your Head At” (2009)
- The Egg – “Nothing” (2009, co-directed by Noriko Okaku)
- The Egg – “Catch” (2009, co-directed by Noriko Okaku)
- Vienna Independent Shorts – Festival Trailer (2011)
- ET1 – “Anticipation” (Greece) (2008)
- IKEA – “House or Home” (UK) (2007)
- Max Hattler official website
- Max Hattler on IMDb
- Max Hattler at Discogs
- Max Hattler at Vienna Independent Shorts Artist Database
- Design Week: Profile: Max Hattler (01/2011) cover story
- mb! Magazine: VJ to Visual Artist (10/2011)
- Unit Online: Animáció helyett VJ-show (12/2010, Hungarian)
- SHIFT Magazine: Max Hattler (11/2010)
- Schon Magazine: Max Hattler (pp. 102-103, 10/2010)
- PIG Magazine: Max Hattler (07/2010)
- APEngine: 1923 aka Heaven & 1925 aka Hell by Max Hattler (04/2010)
- Motionographer: Max Hattler's 1923 and 1925 (03/2010)
- Electric Sheep: Short Cuts: Max Hattler (12/2009)
- Jotta: To The Max (07/2009)
- Creative Review: Hattler's Basement Jaxx Visuals (06/2009)
- Boards: Max Hattler animates an arena abstraction for Basement Jaxx (06/2009)
- Netribution: Basement Jaxx enlist animator Max Hattler to provide new visuals for ‘Where’s Your Head At?’ (06/2009)
- PingMag: Max Hattler vs. Robert Seidel (04/2008)
- Dazed and Confused: Three of a Kind: Young Animators, #3: Max Hattler (02/2006)
- ^ maxhattler.com/collision "Collision"
- ^ “Collision” Prädikat Wertvoll Filmbewertungsstelle Wiesbaden, Germany
- ^ maxhattler.com/drift "Drift"
- ^ "AANAATT" Visual Music Award 2010
- ^ maxhattler.com/aanaatt "AANAATT"
- ^ maxhattler.com/spin "Spin"
- ^ maxhattler.com/1925 "1925 aka Hell"
- ^ Lumen Eclipse: Max Hattler Solo Exhibition, 04-06/2010
- ^ MoCA Taipei: Tripolar - 3 Positions in German Video Art, Daniel Burkhardt, Max Hattler, Robert Seidel, 06-07/2010
- ^ Gasworks: Blink 07-08/2006
- ^ Fries Museum: Max Hattler - Landscape of Human Existence Solo Exhibition, 09/2007
- ^ Asifakeil: Transform - Max Hattler & Noriko Okaku Two-person exhibition, 05-06/2011
- ^ maxhattler.com/live documentation of live a/v performances on Hattler's website.
- ^ Cimatics agency - Max Hattler
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Hattler — ist der Familienname folgender Personen: Franz Seraph Hattler (1829–1907), österreichischer Priester und Schriftsteller Hellmut Hattler (* 1952), deutscher Jazz und Rockbassist Max Hattler (* 1976), deutscher Medienkünstler und Filmemacher D … Deutsch Wikipedia
Hellmut Hattler — (rechts) mit Kraan 2008 Hellmut Hattler (* 12. April 1952 in Ulm) ist ein deutscher Jazz und Rockbassist. Inhaltsverzeichnis 1 … Deutsch Wikipedia
Drift — may mean: Contents 1 Film and literature 2 Geography 3 Industry … Wikipedia
Royal College of Art — Established 1967 gained University Status by Royal Charter 1896 Royal College of Art 1837 Government School of Design Type Public Provost Sir … Wikipedia
The Animation Show — is a semi annual touring festival of animated short films that premiered in fall 2003. It was created and was personally programmed solely by award winning animators Mike Judge and Don Hertzfeldt. Following the demise of other American touring… … Wikipedia
Collision (disambiguation) — A collision is an isolated event in which two or more bodies exert relatively strong forces on each other for a relatively short time. This may specifically refer to: Traffic collision, two vehicles colliding Mid air collision, two planes… … Wikipedia
Donaufestival — The Donaufestival is an annual festival of music and performance that takes place each April in the Austrian state of Lower Austria. In the early years of the festival, two towns were used as locations Krems and Korneuburg. Since 2007, however,… … Wikipedia
St. Louis International Film Festival — Location St. Louis, Missouri Official website The St. Louis International Film Festival (also known as SLIFF or Cinema St. Louis) is an annual film festival in St. Louis, Missouri, which has been running since 1992. The coordinating or … Wikipedia
Abstracta cinema — Affiche du Manifeste de Jean Raine en 1951 Abstracta Cinema est un festival international consacré au cinéma abstrait. La première édition de l exposition a eu lieu à Rome du 12 au 17 septembre 2006 sous la direction de Massimo Pistone. Plus de… … Wikipédia en Français
Liste der Biografien/Has–Hau — Biografien: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q … Deutsch Wikipedia