The von Liebig Art Center
"The mission of the Naples Art Association at the von Liebig Art Center is to promote and advance education, interest and participation in the contemporary visual arts."
Founded in 1954 as a non profit visual organization and has since provided scholarships for young
artists, provided materials for art enthusiasts, and houses internationally recognized exhibits.
* 1971: first Sponsors Show to raise funds for
Collier Countystudents interested in the arts.
* 1980: first Naples National Art Festival, two day event hosting artists nationally and internationally known, with all proceeds going to von Liebig programs.
* 1992: the construction of the von Liebig facility with major contributions coming from the state of
Florida, fundraising and William J. and Suzanne von Liebig.
* 1999: devolvement of the von Liebig Guild meant to focus primarily on fundraising and events.
* 1999- 2000: an endowment fund was created to ensure the legacy of the center and its staff.
* The von Liebig Art Center has over 50 years of expertise and community service.
The von Liebig relies on support from the community of Collier County
The NAA offers innovative programs for all age groups and all skill levels.
* The NAA offers a variety of community serving benefits including scholarships for young arts and ARTScool for children aged 5 to 15.
* NAA members have access to studio classes, lectures, workshops, special events, juried exhibitions for emerging and established artists, festivals, an art library, and gift shop.
* Membership benefits include:
* Invitations to exhibition opening and special events
* Discounts on lectures, education programs and special events
* Exhibition and consignment opportunities
* Subscription to print and email newsletters
* Types of NAA membership:
* Student: $25, full-time student at an accredited high school or college with a valid school ID are eligible for individual membership with all benefits except mailings.
* Educator: $55, must have proof of status, enjoys all benefits as well as invitations to events exclusively for educators.
* Individual: $65, enjoys all membership benefits including eligibility to enter work in NAA juried exhibitions, the Members’ Gallery and Art in the Park.
* Family: $125, includes all Individual benefits for two adults and all children under 18.
* Supporting Family: $250, includes all Family benefits including an additional card for a designated individual.
* Patron: $650, all above benefits, plus 10% discount in the gift shop and invitation to an exclusive patron event.
* Patron Benefactor: $1,000: all benefits for the Patron level plus all invitations to exclusive patron events during the year.
* Grace Lake Society: $2,500 and above: all benefits of the Patron plus use of the Art Center for private functions, a portion of the proceeds from this fund are applied to the Endowment.
* Corporate: $1,000, all benefits of the individual membership, two additional full transferable membership card and 10% off in the gift shop.
* Corporate Benefactor: $2,500: all benefits of the Corporate membership, plus four transferable and upgraded membership cards.
* President’s Circle: $5,000 and above, ten individual transferable and upgradable membership cards, recognition in all event- related printed material and signage, opportunity to advertise in selected promotional materials, links to the NAA website, and free use of the Art Center for one private function during the year.
* Potential volunteers are encouraged to fill out an application on the Art Center’s website: http://www.naplesartcenter.org/volunteer.htm
* Volunteers can assist in a variety of applications including:
* Library: Checking books in and out, keeping the library orderly, assisting members with information and location of books. Providing members and guests with information about the building and the history of the NAA.
* Registration Desk: Answering telephone inquiries about membership and the programs: courses, lectures, workshops and other events. The registration of students for these programs and signing people up for membership. Providing information to members and visitors. It would be useful to have office skills and be computer literate.
* Foreign Language Translation: People from all over the world have found Naples, so we have need to have translators for tours of the building and exhibits and to translate publicity material on occasions.
* Reception Desk: Greeting visitors and members, receiving the center's telephone calls and answering questions on the telephone or referring the call to the appropriate person. Tracking visitor attendance, providing information about the art center and its programs.
* Gift Shop: Retail sales of fine art objects, paintings, wearable art and gift certificates, to provide information about the items for sale and their artists. Operation of the cash register and charge card machine is important, and the ability to interact graciously with customers..
* Installing Exhibitions: Involves the physical handling of original works of art, arranging the works for juror viewing, installing, labeling work and arranging for the pick up of the works by the artists after the exhibition has closed. Artwork is installed and labeled to the curator's instructions.
* Studio Monitors: This role is only available for NAA members. It may result in reduced cost of a class attended depending on the number of hours spent as a monitor. The role of the Studio Monitor is to serve as the instructor's "right hand" person. This includes helping the instructor prepare for his class and ensuring the room is ready, introducing the instructor to the students, assisting with demonstrations, clearing up the class afterwards and dealing with a number of administrative matters on behalf of the instructor.
Another great volunteer opportunity is ARTScool the VLAC children's camp designed to encourage young artists in a variety of media outlets.
Collier County, Florida
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Manuel Carbonell — with Madonna of the Moon at the foundry in Miami, Florida Born October 25, 1918(1918 10 25) … Wikipedia
Lyman Kipp — Infobox Artist bgcolour = #6495ED name = Lyman E. Kipp, Jr. imagesize = caption = birthname = birthdate = 1929 location = Dobbs Ferry, NY deathdate = deathplace = nationality = American field = Sculpture training = movement = works = patrons =… … Wikipedia
David Hayes (sculptor) — David Hayes Born March 15, 1931 Hartford, Connecticut USA Spouse Julia Hayes Nationality … Wikipedia
Liste des musées en Floride — Museum of Contemporary Art Miami … Wikipédia en Français
Timeline of chemistry — lists important works, discoveries, ideas, inventions, and experiments that significantly changed mankind s understanding of the composition of matter and of the interactions thereof, the modern science known as chemistry. The history of… … Wikipedia
Heinrich Hofmann — Johann Michael Ferdinand Heinrich Hofmann (March 19 1824 June 23 1911) was a a German painter of the late 19th to early 20th century. He was the uncle of the German painter Ludwig von Hofmann. He was born in Darmstadt, Germany and died in Dresden … Wikipedia
Chronologie De La Chimie — Cette chronologie de la chimie recense les travaux, idées, inventions et expériences qui ont changé de manière significative la compréhension de la composition de la matière et de ses interactions, c est à dire le domaine scientifique de la… … Wikipédia en Français
Chronologie de la chimie — Cette chronologie de la chimie recense les travaux, idées, inventions et expériences qui ont changé de manière significative la compréhension de la composition de la matière et de ses interactions, c est à dire le domaine scientifique de la… … Wikipédia en Français
Ligne du temps de la chimie — Chronologie de la chimie Cette chronologie de la chimie recense les travaux, idées, inventions et expériences qui ont changé de manière significative la compréhension de la composition de la matière et de ses interactions, c est à dire le domaine … Wikipédia en Français
Molecular gastronomy — includes the study of how different cooking temperatures affect eggs, and their viscosity, their surface tension, and different ways of introducing air into them … Wikipedia