|Airports||Chennai International Airport||80 km|
|Seaports||Chennai Port||90 km|
|Karaikal Port||165 km|
|Nearby Areas of Interest||Mahabalipuram||35 km||Heritage City and Tourist Spot|
|Marakkanam||20 km||Salt Farms|
|Puducherry||60 km||Past French Colony and Tourist Destination|
|Sriperumbudur||85 km||Industrial and Electronics Hub|
MARG Limited Type Public BSE: 530543 Industry Infrastructure Founded 1994 Headquarters No. 4/318, Rajiv Gandhi Salai, Kottivakkam, Chennai - 600041 Key people Mr. G R K Reddy (Chairman and Managing Director)
Mr. B G Menon (Executive Director)
Mr. B Bhushan (Executive Director, Finance)
MARG Limited. formerly MARG Constructions Ltd. is India's fast growing diversified Infrastructure and Realty development companies.. MARG is accredited ISO 9001: 2000 – by DASCL of UK. The Spirit of Visioneering is the motto and a way of life at MARG. MARG's vision statement is Creating Landmarks. Building Values.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Timeline
- 3 Present Day and Projects
- 4 MARG Swarnabhoomi
- 5 Karaikal Port
- 6 MARG ProperTies
- 7 MARG Foundation
- 8 MARG Aviations
- 9 CSR
- 10 Centre of Excellence for Infrastructure
- 11 Notes
- 12 External links
Established in 1994, the company is promoted by G R K Reddy, a first generation entrepreneur. The company is a listed public limited company at the Bombay Stock Exchange and the Luxembourg Stock Exchange (FCCB / GDR). The MARG group employs over 1000 people at various locations across India. MARG is currently developing the Karaikal port. The Riverside Mall on Rajiv Gandhi Salai in Chennai and Marg Swarnabhoomi, a new city encompassing Special Economic Zones for Multi-services and Engineering sector including auto ancillaries among other projects.
The company also has other development projects on Old Mahabalipuram Road, Chennai’s IT Corridor. MARG’s clientele includes market leaders such as Scope International (Standard Chartered Bank), Tata Consultancy Services, Satyam Computer Services, BHEL, Enercon India and Slash Support Systems among others.
MARG was honoured as the fastest growing construction company in India in the medium category at the 6th annual Construction World Awards 2008 in Mumbai
- 1994: Founded by Mr.G.R.K.Reddy, a first generation entrepreneur.
- 1995: May: MARG announced an IPO (Raised Rs.120 Lakh) and began trading on the Bombay Stock Exchange
- 1995: December: Developed MARG Center, an 8,000 sq ft (740 m2). commercial complex in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.
- 1996: Launched Sai Subhodaya Apartments in Chennai.
- 1998: Completion of Wescare Towers in Chennai.
- 2004: Completion of MARG's Digital Zone I, on the Chennai IT Corridor.
- 2006: Obtained the Government of Puducherry's concession for the development of a modern port at Karaikal
- 2006: Foreign Currency Convertible Bonds ( FCCB ) launched
- 2006: MOU with Oakwoord Asia Pacific for operation and management of serviced apartments.
- 2006: Entered into a joint venture with Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd. (HUDCO) to form Signa Infrastructure India Limited.
- 2007: March: Conceived the " Riverside Mall cum Business Hotel " project
- 2007: May: Formal approval for MARG's SPV, New Chennai Township Private Limited ( NCTPL )
- 2007: June: Completion of MARG Square, on the Chennai IT Corridor.
- 2007: July: Completion of Digital Zone II, on the IT Corridor.
- 2007: August: Launched "Ramlakshmi Enclave" in Tenali, Andhra Pradesh
- 2007: November: Launched Tapovan Villas
- 2008: February: Launched MARG Swarnabhoomi - the 24 Carat Neo City with 2 notified Special Economic Zones
- 2008: May: MARG to develop Fishing Harbour at Rajakkamangalam Thurai, near Kanyakumari.
- 2008: August: MARG awarded the fastest growing infrastructure company in the medium category at the 6th Annual Construction World Awards in Mumbai
- 2008: August: MARG Chennai Marathon in aid of Give Life Charity
- 2008: December: MARG awarded the contract for the development and operation of the Bijapur greenfield airport
- 2008: December: MARG signs Consultancy Agreement with Surbana of Singapore for prefab construction technology for MARG Swarnabhoomi
- 2009: January: Formal Approval for Port Based SEZ at Karaikal
- 2009: January: MARG launches Pushpadruma - an apartment project at Kalavakkam on the Old Mahabalipuram Road in Chennai .
- 2009: February: MARG and Bala Vidya Mandir, Chennai sign MoU to setup a concept school at MARG Swarnabhoomi called BVM Global.
- 2009: March: MARG launches Vishwashakti, an integrated township in the temple town of Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh
- 2009: April: Karaikal Port Inaugurated
- 2009: April: MoU signed with Chinmaya Heritage Centre for MARG Chennai Family Quiz 2009 
- 2009: May: Swarnabhoomi Academy of Music Envisioned by Prasanna Launched 
- 2009: October: MARG Swarnabhoomi hosts a stop on AR Rahman's Jai Ho World Tour in aid of Shakti Foundation 
- 2009: October: MARG launches MARG ProperTies Brand for its real estate vertical
- 2009: October: MARG ProperTies launches Utsav apartments at MARG Swarnabhoomi
- 2009: November: Satsang and foundation stone laying ceremony for Utsav, Swarnabhoomi Academy of Music and Dhyaan Dham at MARG Swarnabhoomi by His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankar 
- 2010: January: Karaikal Port flags off its first railway cargo 
- 2010: February: MARG Puduvai Marathon in association with Rotary Club of Pondicherry
- 2010: March: MoU signed with Virginia Tech, USA to setup Virginia Tech MARG Swarnabhoomi campus 
- 2010: April: MARG launches Savithanjali apartments on OMR in Chennai
- 2010: July: MARG launches Maha Utsav and Sky Meadows apartments at MARG Swarnabhoomi
- 2010: July: Swarnabhoomi Academy of Music commences with its Six Month Diploma Program
- 2010: Sep: Swarnabhoomi Academy of Music is officially inaugurated
Present Day and Projects
MARG group’s business verticals are broadly classified as Port & Logistics, Industrial Clusters, Commercial Infrastructure and Residential Projects.
The Karaikal Port, being developed by Karaikal Port Private Limited (KPPL), a wholly owned subsidiary of MARG in association with the Puducherry government was inaugurated on Apr 15 2009. The first cargo vessel 'M.V.Beluga Fanfare' containing two harbour mobile cranes was received on this day.
The Company has signed a MOU for building a Private fishing harbour at Rajakamangalam Thurai, Kanyakumari District, The Private harbour is to be built and made operational by Oct 2010 .The Foundation Stone Ceremony was held on May 25, 2008 at Rajakkamangalam Thurai Village.
In October 2009, MARG announced its entry into the Sri Lankan market with an affordable housing project. The project is being promoted by the Sri Lankan government with assistance from the Asia Development Bank and World Bank.
MARG Swarnabhoomi - is an integrated business city coming up on the East Coast Road connecting Chennai and Puducherry in the southern part of India. The city is developed and promoted by New Chennai Township Pvt. Limited(NCTPL), a wholly owned subidiary of MARG Limited. Designed by HOK (Hellmuth, Obata and Kassabaum), Chicago, the city encompasses two special economic zones along with a residential area and support infrastructure. Recently it was announced that a music academy will be coming up at MARG Swarnabhoomi.
MARG Swarnabhoomi Location
Special Economic Zones
MARG Swarnabhoomi has two special economic zones for business development.
1. Engineering Special Economic Zone: Spread over 116 acres (0.47 km2), the Engineering Special Economic Zone caters to Engineering companies that are in the Green and Orange Pollution Categories. Sectors such as Automotive Components, Precision Instruments, Gears, Fasteners, Machine Tools etc. can be part of this Special Economic Zone. A proposed DTA (Domestic Tariff Area) is also coming up near the Engineering SEZ.
2. Multi Services Special Economic Zone: Spread over 125 acres (0.51 km2), the Multi Services Special Economic Zone caters to sectors such as IT, ITES, BPO, KPO, Animation and Simulation Services, Medical Tourism, R&D among others
MARG Swarnabhoomi will also consist of 14000 residential units. Phase 1 and 2, christened MARG Navratna consists of 1, 2, 3 and 4 Bedroom apartments and 4 Bedroom Penthouses along with a Club House. Phases 1 totaling 300 apartments is complete and Phase 2 totaling around 280 apartments is currently under construction and expected to be ready by End 2010. Phase 3, christened Utsav was launched in 2009. Recent launches are Maha Utsav and Sky Meadows in MARG Swarnabhoomi.
Other Updates at MARG Swarnabhoomi
The school at MARG Swarnabhoomi is a unique concept. Called BVM Global, and established in collaboration with Bala Vidya Mandir, Chennai, this school has Phase 1 operational from Aug 2009..
MARG has recently joined hands with world renowned guitarist and composer R. Prasanna to establish Swarnabhoomi Academy of Music , a professional music school at Marg Swarnabhoomi. The academy recently concluded its UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL music workshop for advanced level musicians .
Karaikal Port - a wholly owned subsidiary of Marg Constructions, has tied up with Pembianaan Redzai Sdn Bhd of Malaysia to form an independent company to manage the all-weather deep port, - Phase I is completed and work for the Phase 2 has already been started. Karaikal port - went on stream last year 2009, is a bulk cargo terminal that has handled over half a million tonnes already. The first cargo transported by rail was petcoke for Madras Cements' factory at Ariyalur in Tamil Nadu on January 2010. Railway connectivity will result in significant increase in the capacity of the port, which will allow more efficient utilisation of the storage area, thereby enhancing the cargo handling capacity.
MARG ProperTies, the residential arm of MARG has the projects Utsav, Navratna, Ramlakshmi Enclave, Pushpadruma, Vishwashakthi, Tapovan and Savithanjali on construction
MARG’s Real Estate Commercial
MARG’s Real Estate Commercial division is currently engaged in developing a large 1,800,000 sq ft (170,000 m2). ‘mixed use’ development called MARG Junction on a large 7.3-acre (30,000 m2) property located in Karapakkam on the Old Mahabalipuram Road. A Destination Mall, 5 Star Hotel and Office Towers are part of this project
MARG Foundation India is MARG's Engineering, Procurement and Construction business (EPC) arm. It is focused on providing integrated turnkey solutions and has a customer base of BHEL,Slash Support Systems,Asian wind turbines,PACL,Enercon India,Rci Power, Gulshan chemfill,Assotech,Das lagerwey wind,Aptransco,Alstom,Nulzveedu seeds, Metoro Rail corporations, Railways, Elcot, Nedcap among others
MARG Aviations Private Limited - Bijapur Airport Project-Government of Karnataka has issued Letter of Award to MARG Limited for the development of Bijapur airport project on November 2008. For the development of airside and other city side commercial amenities, has been provided with 727.04 acres (2.9422 km2) of land on BOT basis for a total period of 90 years which is extendable at the end of every 30th year on mutual concern. The total project cost during Phase I of development is estimated around Rs.150 Crores and out of which Rs.50 Crores is set aside for the commercial developments.
MARG has embraced the principle of ‘Inclusive Living’ in society as its approach towards social responsibility. Towards this goal, MARG has focused its initiatives in the areas of education, health & sanitation, and skill development for employability. A socially responsible organization, MARG has also partnered with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) to launch the Grassroots Level Skill Development Initiative (GLSDI). This program will train 5000 rural youth over 18 months in pre-employment and basic industrial skills in Cheyyur Taluk, Tamil Nadu. This project targets to create social inclusiveness, and also provide the economically vulnerable youth with an opportunity to be a part of the mainstream economy.
In April 2008, CII – MARG organized a first of its kind Rural Job Fair  to enhance employment opportunities for the rural youth trained by the GLSDI program. Services, retail and construction companies participated to tap rural talent. Over 450 youth have gained employment with this initiative.
MARG has also launched ‘Parivarthan’- A Centre to Inspire a Chain of Change at MARG Swarnabhoomi. The Centre will have the infrastructural capacity and facilities to impart the Grassroots Level Skill Development Initiative (GLSDI) training to 200 youth per batch. The centre will focus on skill training, rural business development programs, career counseling and in creating health & nutrition awareness.
The MARG Chennai Marathon (Half Marathon to be precise) was held on 31 August 2008 in aid of GIVELIFE CHARITY. The events that were held were the 21.09 km Half Marathon and the 7 km Chennai City Run among others. Over 170,000 people turned up for what became one of the largest City Runs witnessed.
On Oct 11, A R Rahman's 'Jai Ho' world tour had a stop in MARG Swarnabhoomi for a concert in aid of The Shakti Foundation.
Centre of Excellence for Infrastructure
MARG, in association with the Great Lakes Institute of Management has launched the ‘Centre of Excellence for Infrastructure’ . The company has planned an investment of Rs.3 crore, for setting up the Centre of Excellence for Infrastructure in Chennai. Mr. N. R. Narayana Murthy, Chief Mentor, Infosys Technologies Ltd had announced the launch of the centre in Dec 2007. The programs offered at the Centre would be mindful of the unique socio-economic and cultural diversity of the nation.
- ^ "MARG excels as the fastest growing construction company in India". MARGGroup.com. October 31, 2008. http://www.marggroup.com/marg_award.htm. Retrieved 2008-10-31. [dead link]
- ^ "'Pushpadruma' housing projects launched". news.webindia123.com. January 23, 2009. http://news.webindia123.com/news/Articles/India/20090123/1159808.html. Retrieved 2009-01-23.
- ^ "'For stronger family bonds'". expressbuzz.com. April 15, 2009. http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/story.aspx?Title=For+stronger+family+bonds&artid=Fr. Retrieved 2009-04-15.
- ^ "'Prasanna’s reason to smile'". expressbuzz.com. May 7, 2009. http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/story.aspx?Title=Prasanna%92s+reason+to+smile&artid=kF7MWcD9t7s=&SectionID=lifojHIWDUU=&MainSectionID=wIcBMLGbUJI=&SectionName=rSY. Retrieved 2009-05-07.
- ^ "'Rahman’s Jai Ho has fans swinging and swaying '". hindu.com. Oct 12, 2009. http://www.hindu.com/2009/10/12/stories/2009101257890200.htm. Retrieved 2009-09-12.
- ^ "'HIS HOLINESS SRI SRI RAVI SHANKAR LAYS THE FOUNDATION STONE FOR THREE PROJECTS AT MARG SWARNABHOOMI '". marggroup.com. Nov 27, 2009. http://www.marggroup.com/press_view.php?id=HIS%20HOLINESS%20SRI%20SRI%20RAVI%20SHANKAR%20LAYS%20THE%20FOUNDATION%20STONE%20FOR%20THREE%20PROJECTS%20AT%20MARG%20SWARNABHOOMI. Retrieved 2009-11-27.
- ^ "'Karaikal Port gets rail link '". hindubusinessline.com. Jan 28, 2010. http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2010/01/28/stories/2010012851011200.htm. Retrieved 2010-01-28.
- ^ "'Virginia Tech university to set up campus in Chennai suburb '". indiatimes.com. Mar 22, 2010. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/Virginia-Tech-university-to-set-up-campus-in-Chennai-suburb-/articleshow/5703678.cms. Retrieved 2010-03-22.
- ^ "'Private port at Karaikal begins its operations'". hindu.com. April 16, 2009. http://www.hindu.com/2009/04/16/stories/2009041660710500.htm. Retrieved 2009-04-16.
- ^ "Marg setting up fishing harbour in TN". TheHinduBusinessLine.com. May 23, 2008. http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2008/05/23/stories/2008052350880700.htm. Retrieved 2008-07-05.
- ^ "MARG GETS BIJAPUR AIRPORT CONTRACT". DeccanHerald.com. December 5, 2008. http://www.deccanherald.com/Content/Dec52008/state20081204104776.asp. Retrieved 2008-12-05. [dead link]
- ^ "Marg enters Sri Lanka". BusinessStandard.com. October 30, 2009. http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/marg-enters-sri-lanka/374728/. Retrieved 2009-10-30.
- ^ "Marg in tie-up with Surbana to introduce prefab construction tech". Hindubusinessline.com. December 19, 2008. http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2008/12/19/stories/2008121952460300.htm. Retrieved 2008-12-19.
- ^ "Marg BVM tie up for 5 day residential school". EconomicTimes.com. February 13, 2009. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/News-By-Industry/Services/Education/Marg-BVM-tie-up-for-5-day-residential-school/articleshow/4125997.cms. Retrieved 2009-02-13.
- ^ "Marg to launch music school". Hindu.com. May 7, 2009. http://www.hindu.com/2009/05/07/stories/2009050757840200.htm. Retrieved 2009-05-07.
- ^ "Let's make music". Hindu.com. August 29, 2009. http://www.hindu.com/mp/2009/08/29/stories/2009082950540800.htm. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
- ^ "CII skill development programme for workers". TheHindu.com. June 10, 2007. http://www.hindu.com/2007/06/10/stories/2007061001330500.htm. Retrieved 2008-07-05.
- ^ "450 rural youth offered jobs at CII-Marg fair". Business-Standard.com. April 23, 2008. http://www.business-standard.com/common/news_article.php?leftnm=3&autono=320852. Retrieved 2008-07-05.
- ^ "Santhosh clinches title". Hindu.com. September 1, 2008. http://www.hindu.com/2008/09/01/stories/2008090160152000.htm. Retrieved 2008-09-01.
- ^ "Jai Ho to Shakti". TheHindu.com. September 30, 2009. http://beta.thehindu.com/arts/music/article27030.ece.
- ^ "Increase focus on infrastructure to reap benefits: Narayana Murthy". HinduBusinessLine.com. December 16, 2007. http://www.business-standard.com/common/news_article.php?leftnm=3&autono=320852. Retrieved 2008-07-05.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Marg Swarnabhoomi — the 24 Carat Neo City is an integrated business city coming up on the East Coast Road connecting Chennai and Puducherry in the southern part of India. The city is developed and promoted by New Chennai Township Pvt. Limited, a wholly owned… … Wikipedia
Nabil Bank Limited — Logo Type Public (NEPSE: NABIL) Industry Banking Founded … Wikipedia
Nepal Investment Bank Limited — Logo Type Public (NEPSE: NIB) Industry Banking … Wikipedia
Nepal SBI Bank Limited — Logo Type Public (NEPSE: SBI) Industry Banking … Wikipedia
Citizens Bank International Limited — Logo Type Public (NEPSE: CZBIL) Industry … Wikipedia
Bhandup — Infobox Indian Jurisdiction type=city metro= Mumbai state name = Maharashtra native name = Bhandup latd = 19.9 longd= 72.56 altitude= district = Mumbai assembly const = North East Mumbai Bhandup is a suburb of Mumbai, formerly known as Bombay, in … Wikipedia
Rourkela — Infobox Indian Jurisdiction native name = Rourkela latd = 22.12 longd = 84.54 state name = Orissa district = Sundargarh altitude = 219 population total = 484292 population as of = 2001 population density = 2500 area total = 200 postal code =… … Wikipedia
Shade's Children — Infobox Book | name = Shade s Children image caption = Cover of the hardback, first edition author = Garth Nix cover artist = Elliot Earls (paperback edition) country = Australian language = English genre = Science fiction, Fantasy novel… … Wikipedia
Nagda — city … Wikipedia
Pantaloon Retail India — Infobox Company company name = Pantaloon Retail (India) Limited company company type = Private BSE|523574 foundation = India. location = key people = Kishore Biyani, MD Group CEO industry = Retail products = Discount Stores Supercenters num… … Wikipedia