- Pasuquin, Ilocos Norte
Pasuquin is a 4th class municipality in the province of Ilocos Norte,
Philippines. According to the 2000census, it has a population of 24,739 people in 5,187 households.
Pasuquin is a farming and fishing area. As of the mid-1990s, the principal local crops were rice, for home consumption, and garlic, much of which is exported to Taiwan.
Pasuquin is noted for its colorful culture and rich history. From the dominance of the Aguinaldos (from Don Basilio Aguinaldo to present Municipal Mayor Oscar Aguinaldo) in its political component to the birth of budding public servants, artists, and civil advocates, the town evolves as a product of unity among its people.
Pasuquin is politically subdivided into 33
* Batuli (San Isidro)
* Nalvo (Cababaan/Nalvo)
* Caruan (Tulnagan)
* Poblacion 1
* Poblacion 2
* Poblacion 3
* Poblacion 4
* Pragata (Pragata-Bungro)
* Salpad (Salpad-Calumbuyan)
* San Juan
* Santa Catalina
* Santa Matilde
* Davila - Salt Capital; Also known for its bonsai production & artistry. Home of the "Dumadara Festival"
* Estancia- Summer Capital of Pasuquin. Known for its scenic Suso, and Sexy Beaches
* Naglicuan - Botanic Garden of Pasuquin
* Poblacion 2 - Sentinella Hills, Nagrebcan & Magararay Rice Fields, and the existence of the Oldest Church in the town, the Iglesia Filipina Independiente. Home of the "Rambac ti Daya Festival"
* Poblacion 3 - Barangay "Biscocho", simply for making the best tasting biscochos in the entire province. Home of the "Ragragsak ti Laud Festival"
* Puyupuyan - Known for its grotto and the apparition in the late 80s and early 90s, Puyupuyan is one of the best Summer destinations in the town. With the presence of the ship wrecked believed to have sank during the Second World War, the seashores just made it perfect for tourists for a great souvenir shots
* San Juan - Known for its summer getaway falls called "Calitungan"
* Santa Matilde - hunting; mango tree production
* Sapat - known for the PAF Airbase and the most restricted area in the town
* Sulbec - known for its Put-tot Siraong Picnic Venues
* Surong - known for its Luttuong falls
* Tadao - Houses the biggest dam in the municipality. Also good for picnics, trekking and hiking escapades.
*Davila - "Dumadara Festival" For more photos of Davila check:(http://www.flickr.com/photos/26273470@N03/)
*Poblacion 2 - "Rambac ti Daya".
*Poblacion 3 - "Ragragsak ti Laud"
*Semana Santa (Holy Week Celebration) ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/26797461@N04/ )
*May Flower Festival (where the Sunflower Organization started a world wide known Pageantry)
*Town Fiesta in December from the 26th till the 30th.
*Bituen Ti Daya (Poblacion 2)
*Narayray a Tarigagay
*Silaw ti Kailukoan / Silaw ti Amianan
*Pasuquinios of Southern California
*Pasuquinio Association of Northern California
*Anak ti Pasuquin
*Batang Dos (Poblacion 2)
* Sunflower Organization (Mardi Gras)
The Rambac ti Daya Festival
Poblacion 2, with almost 2,000 population annually celebrate the "RAMBAC ti DAYA" as a token of gratitude to the Almighty Creator for bountiful harvests, good administration, and sharing of blessings. The unpredictable weather makes this event very surprising, as May is known to be the first month of the year with heavy rains.
Started in 1992 through a Municipal Ordinance, Poblacion Dos is known to be the pioneer barangay to come up with a barangay fiesta title-"RAMBAC TI DAYA". This festivity culminates on the first two days of May, but usually preceded by an inter-zonal basketball tournament sponsored by the Sangguniang Kabataan that runs for two to four weeks.
One of the highlights of the festival is the community night, in which residents from the barangay gather together at the barangay plaza known as "
Plaza Murit", for community singing through videoke, beer and wine drinking, exchanging goodies, reuniting with good old folk, and simply enjoying the sharing of abundant blessings.
The festival ends on the second day of May. A thanksgiving mass is offered in the first hour of the morning, followed by a motorists' parade downtown. After the motorcade, various "Palarong Nayon" are played by children and adult residents alike, where big prizes are at stake.
At night, the festival ends with a "Sagalas/Santa Cruzan", a tribute to "Queen Elena" on her way to the Holy Cross. The "Flores de Mayo" parades young kids as they are dressed in their respective personas.
In the "Flores De Mayo" program, the "Gawad Rambac ti Daya, Most Outstanding Anak ti Dos" is awarded to the most deserving resident that made great impact and unsurmounted selfless contributions through civil service, social work, religious, and human rights advocacy, and youth and sports development. Former Sangguniang Barangay
Leonel Paet Aguinaldois the brain child of the award. The award has been given to deserving "Anak Ti Dos" for three consecutive years.
* [http://www.pasyalan.net/ilocos_norte/ Pasyalan Ilocos Norte]
* [http://www.nscb.gov.ph/activestats/psgc/default.asp Philippine Standard Geographic Code]
* [http://www.t-macs.com/kiso/local/ 2000 Philippine Census Information]
* [http://www.outlineschicago.com/archives/current/outlines/archives/110597/film.html Sunflowers]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Ilocos Norte — Provincia de Ilocos Norte Provincia de Filipinas … Wikipedia Español
Ilocos Norte — Provinz Ilocos Norte Basisdaten Bezirk: Ilocos Region … Deutsch Wikipedia
Ilocos Norte — 18° 10′ 00″ N 120° 45′ 00″ E / 18.16666667, 120.75 … Wikipédia en Français
Dingras, Ilocos Norte — Dingras Ili ti Dingras Bayan ng Dingras Municipality Map of Ilocos Norte sho … Wikipedia
Currimao, Ilocos Norte — Currimao Municipality Map of Ilocos Norte showing the location of Currimao … Wikipedia
Dumalneg, Ilocos Norte — Dumalneg Municipality Map of Ilocos Norte showing the location of Dumalneg … Wikipedia
Marcos, Ilocos Norte — Marcos Municipality Map of Ilocos Norte showing the location of Marcos … Wikipedia
Bangui (Ilocos Norte) — Municipality of Bangui Lage von Bangui in der Provinz Ilocos Norte Basisdaten Bezirk … Deutsch Wikipedia
Burgos (Ilocos Norte) — Municipality of Burgos Lage von Burgos in der Provinz Ilocos Norte Basisdaten Bezirk … Deutsch Wikipedia
Marcos (Ilocos Norte) — Municipality of Marcos Lage von Marcos in der Provinz Ilocos Norte Basisdaten Bezirk … Deutsch Wikipedia