- National Center for Education Statistics
The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) is the part of the United States Department of Education's Institute of Education Sciences (IES) that collects, analyzes, and publishes statistics on education and public school district finance information in the United States. It also conducts international comparisons of education statistics and provides leadership in developing and promoting the use of standardized terminology and definitions for the collection of those statistics. Stuart Kerachsky is the acting Commissioner for Education Statistics. On July 9, 2010, President Barack Obama nominated Jack Buckley to the Senate to be the next Commissioner, and he was confirmed in the Senate December 23, 2010 for a term expiring June 21, 2015.
NCES runs the following systems:
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). The core postsecondary education data collection program. IPEDS data on postsecondary institutions from is available via the College Navigator.
- The Common Core of Data which annually collects fiscal and non-fiscal data about all public schools, public school districts and state education agencies in the United States. This data is available online and includes number of classroom teachers, total students, student/teacher ratios, and school population by grade and race/ethnicity.
- National Assessment of Educational Progress, a nationwide assessment of achievement among primary and secondary students.
- Find a Public School
- Find a Private School
- Build a Table
- NCES Handbooks On-Line
- National Center for Education Statistics comparing private to public schools
- Search the National Archives Archival Research Catalog (ARC) for "National Center for Education Statistics" to identify historical NCES data and records
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
National Center for Education Statistics — Das National Center for Education Statistics, kurz NCES ist eine Behörde in den Vereinigten Staaten. Sie befindet sich im U.S. Department of Education und im Institute of Education Sciences. Ihre Aufgabe ist das Erheben, Analysieren und… … Deutsch Wikipedia
National Center for Health Statistics — (NCHS) is a division of the United States federal agency the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). As such, NCHS is under the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Its headquarters is located at University Town… … Wikipedia
National Center for Health Services Research — The National Center for Health Services Research was a United States government program tasked with conducting research into health services. It was established on July 23, 1974. It was transferred from the Heath Resources Administration to the… … Wikipedia
National Center for Transgender Equality — Founder(s) Mara Keisling Type Advocacy Founded 2003 Location Washington, D … Wikipedia
National Library of Education (United States) — The National Library of Education is a library in the United States serving as a primary resource center for education information. The library provides collections and information services to the public, as well as to the education community and … Wikipedia
National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship (NACCE) — The National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship (NACCE) was founded in 2002 to serve as the only organization exclusively devoted to the mission of accelerating entrepreneurship at America s community and technical… … Wikipedia
National Alliance for Hispanic Health — (NAHH) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improve the health and well being of American Hispanics by providing health care information, emphasizing cultural competence and culturally proficient programs. It has been named one of the best … Wikipedia
Center For Disease Control — Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Pour les articles homonymes, voir CDC. Quartier général des CDC aux États Unis, à Atlanta, près de l Université Emory … Wikipédia en Français
Center for Disease Control — Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Pour les articles homonymes, voir CDC. Quartier général des CDC aux États Unis, à Atlanta, près de l Université Emory … Wikipédia en Français
Center for disease control — Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Pour les articles homonymes, voir CDC. Quartier général des CDC aux États Unis, à Atlanta, près de l Université Emory … Wikipédia en Français