- Sensory Sweep Studios
Sensory Sweep Studios Former type Private Industry Video games Founded 2003 Defunct 2009 Headquarters Salt Lake City, Utah, USA Key people Dave Rushton (Founder, President) Products See complete products listing Employees 100+ Website [dead link]
Founded in 2003 by Dave Rushton, Sensory Sweep was initially a handheld studio, developing games for the Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, and PSP. Later, Sensory Sweep added console titles to their résumé, releasing games for the PC, Wii, PlayStation 2, and Xbox 360.
Sensory Sweep released many games from notable franchises, including Justice League Heroes, Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005, as well as the up-and-coming Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends: Imagination Invaders, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and Jackass: The Game. Additionally, Sensory Sweep's release of Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting was, at the time of its release, the fastest selling Xbox Live Arcade title to date.
On January 14, 2009, Sensory Sweep and Dave Rushton (the founder and president of Sensory Sweep) were named as co-defendants in a wage claim lawsuit filed in Utah District Court by the United States Department of Labor. The filing claims that employees are owed over 2 million dollars in wages in a violation against the Fair Labor Standards Act. The lawsuit is currently unresolved. The Labor Department is also seeking an injunction to prevent Sensory Sweep from shipping or selling any completed product produced by said employees.
On December 15, 2010 the Salt Lake Tribune reported that Rushton pleaded guilty to one third-degree felony count of failing to pay taxes and one second-degree felony count of engaging in a pattern of unlawful activity. He was sentenced to six months in jail for tax fraud and racketeering. Third District Judge Robin Reese also ordered Rushton to pay $516,816 in restitution. He will also be placed on 72 months probation and faces up to 20 years in prison and additional penalties if he violates any of the conditions of his probation. Those conditions include being forbidden from handling money for other people and performing 200 hours of community service.
- Sentient - cancelled (Xbox 360)
- My Japanese Coach - 2008 (NDS)
- My Chinese Coach - 2008 (NDS)
- Major League Eating: The Game - 2008 (WiiWare)
- Jackass: The Game - 2008 (NDS)
- Alvin and the Chipmunks - 2007 (NDS, PS2, Wii, PC)
- My Spanish Coach - 2007 (NDS)
- My French Coach - 2007 (NDS)
- Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends: Imagination Invaders - 2007 (NDS)
- SnoCross 2: Featuring Blair Morgan - 2007 (PS2)
- Capcom Puzzle World - 2007 (PSP)
- Justice League Heroes - 2006 (NDS)
- Tom and Jerry Tales - 2006 (NDS)
- Capcom Classics Mini Mix - 2006 (GBA)
- Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting - 2006 (Xbox 360)
- Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi: The Genie and the Amp - 2006 (NDS)
- Monopoly/Boggle/Yahtzee/Battleship - 2005 (NDS)
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted - 2005 (NDS)
- Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects - 2005 (NDS)
- World Championship Poker: Deluxe Series - 2005 (NDS)
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 - 2004 (NDS)
- Yu Yu Hakusho: Tournament Tactics - 2004 (GBA)
- Yu Yu Hakusho: Spirit Detective - 2003 (GBA)
- ^ "Street Fighter II' Hyper Fighting Becomes Fastest Selling Xbox Live Arcade Title For Xbox 360". http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11499/Street-Fighter-II-Hyper-Fighting-Becomes-Fastest-Selling-Xbox-Live-Arcade-Title-For-Xbox-360/. Retrieved 2007-10-26.
- ^ "Chao et al. v. Fooptube et al.". http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-utdce/case_no-2:2009cv00026/case_id-68845/. Retrieved 2009-01-19.
- ^ Lois M. Collins (2009-01-27). "Salt Lake -based Sensory Sweep faces federal labor complaint, injunction". Deseret News. http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705280770,00.html. Retrieved 2009-01-29.
- ^ "Game developer sentenced to jail for tax evasion". Salt Lake Tribune. 15 December 2010. http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/50874831-79/rushton-tax-game-pay.html.csp. Retrieved 15 December 2010.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Liste des jeux Ubisoft — La liste des jeux Ubisoft répertorie les jeux vidéo et extensions de jeux vidéo édités par Ubisoft sur au moins un territoire et au moins une plate forme. La date indiquée correspond à la première sortie du jeu, toutes régions et plates formes… … Wikipédia en Français
List of Wii games — See also: Category:Wii only games This incomplete list is frequently updated to include new information. This is a list of released and upcoming video games for the Wii video game console. The list is sorted by game titles, their developer(s),… … Wikipedia
Liste de jeux Nintendo DS — Liste des listes de jeux vidéo Voici la liste des jeux vidéo sortis sur Nintendo DS. Sommaire … Wikipédia en Français
My French Coach and My Spanish Coach — Box art of the North American releases of My French Coach (top) and My Spanish Coach (bottom) Developer(s) … Wikipedia
Major League Eating: The Game — Developer(s) Sensory Sweep Studios Publisher(s) … Wikipedia
Justice League Heroes — Infobox VG title = Justice League Heroes developer = Snowblind Studios, WayForward publisher = Warner Bros. Games, Eidos Interactive distributor = designer = engine = version = released = PS2, Xbox, DS, GBA flagicon|USA October 17, 2006 PSP… … Wikipedia
Liste de jeux Wii — Liste des listes de jeux vidéo Liste des jeux vidéo Wii selon leur titre français, triés par ordre alphabétique … Wikipédia en Français
Liste De Jeux Nintendo DS — Listes de jeux vidéo 0 9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T … Wikipédia en Français
Liste Des Jeux Nintendo DS Compatibles Avec Le Wi-Fi — Liste de jeux Nintendo DS Listes de jeux vidéo 0 9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T … Wikipédia en Français
Liste de jeux DS — Liste de jeux Nintendo DS Listes de jeux vidéo 0 9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T … Wikipédia en Français