- Smart ligands
Smart ligands are affinity ligands selected with pre-defined equilibrium (), kinetic (, ) and thermodynamic (ΔH, ΔS) parameters of biomolecular interaction.
Ligands with desired parameters can be selected from large combinatorial libraries of biopolymers using instrumental separation techniques with well-described kinetic behaviour, such as
Kinetic capillary electrophoresis(KCE), Surface Plasmon Resonance(SPR) and etc. Known examples of smart ligands include DNA smart aptamers; however, RNA and peptide smart aptamers can also be developed.
Smart ligands can find a set of unique applications in biomedical research, drug discovery and proteomic studies. For example, a panel of DNA smart aptamers has been recently used to develop affinity analysis of proteins with ultra-wide dynamic range of measured concentrations.
* Drabovich, A.; Berezovski, M.; Krylov, S.N. Selection of smart aptamers by equilibrium capillary electrophoresis of equilibrium mixtures (ECEEM). "J. Am. Chem. Soc." 2005, 127, 11224-11225. [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=PubMed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=16089434 PMID: 16089434]
* Drabovich, A.P. ; Berezovski, M.; Okhonin, V.; Krylov, S.N. Selection of smart aptamers by methods of kinetic capillary electrophoresis. "Anal. Chem." 2006, 78, 3171-3178. [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=PubMed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=16643010 PMID: 16643010]
* Drabovich, A.P. ; Okhonin, V.; Berezovski, M.; Krylov, S.N. Smart aptamers facilitate multi-probe affinity analysis of proteins with ultra-wide dynamic range of measured concentrations. "J. Am. Chem. Soc." 2007, 129, 7260-7261. [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=PubMed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=17503828 PMID: 17503828]
* Krylov, S.N. Kinetic CE: foundation for homogeneous kinetic affinity methods. "Electrophoresis" 2007, 28, 69-88. [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=PubMed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=17245689 PMID: 17245689]
* [http://pubs.acs.org/cen/news/85/i25/8525notw6.html Extending Protein Detection ]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Aptamer — Aptamers are oligonucleic acid or peptide molecules that bind a specific target molecule. Aptamers are usually created by selecting them from a large random sequence pool, but natural aptamers also exist in riboswitches. Aptamers can be used for… … Wikipedia
Nuclear receptor — Crystallographic structure of a heterodimer of the nuclear receptors PPAR γ (green) and RXR α (cyan) bound to double stranded DNA (magenta) and two molecules of the NCOA2 coactivator (red). The PPAR γ antagonist GW9662 and RXR α agonist retinoic… … Wikipedia
DuPont Central Research — In 1957, the research organization of the Chemicals Department of E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company was renamed Central Research Department, beginning the history of the premier scientific organization within DuPont and one of the foremost… … Wikipedia
Notch proteins — Notch (DSL) domain Structure of a Prototype LNR Module from Human Notch1. Identifiers Symbol … Wikipedia
GABAA receptor — The GABAA receptor is one of two ligand gated ion channels responsible for mediating the effects of gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA), the major inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain. In addition to the GABA binding site, the GABAA receptor… … Wikipedia
Organofluorine chemistry — Some important organofluorine compounds. A: fluoromethane B: isoflurane C: a CFC D: an HFC E: triflic acid F: Teflon G: PFOS H: fluorouracil I: fluoxetine Organofluorine chemistry describes the ch … Wikipedia
Discovery and development of TRPV1 antagonists — Chronic pain remains a recognized unmet medical need. Consequently, the search for new analgesic agents is being intensively studied by the pharmaceutical industry. The TRPV1 receptor is an ion channel that has been implicated in mediation of… … Wikipedia
Monoamine oxidase inhibitor — MAOI redirects here. For the Easter Island statues, see Moai. Monoamine oxidase Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) are a class of antidepressant drugs prescribed for the treatment of depression. They are particularly effective in treating… … Wikipedia
Titanium tetrachloride — IUPAC name Titanium tetrachloride … Wikipedia
Methylphenidate — Concerta redirects here. For the musical composition, see Concerto. For the implantable defibrillator named Medtronic Concerto, see defibrillator. Methylphenidate … Wikipedia