- Chitranjan Singh Ranawat
Chitranjan Singh Ranawat is a hip surgeon. He is based in New York and is of Indian origin. He is a winner of Padma Bhushan, which is one of the highest civilian honours of India.  He has also authored over 200 papers on orthopaedics.
Dr Ranawat reportedly uses a cemented total knee replacement in which the components are fixed with a bone cement called methy-methacrylate. Dr Ranawat uses the PFC Modular Knee system he has developed after years of research with thousands of cases. He is the co-developer of the Total Condylar Knee and the PFC Sigma High flexion knee. Dr. Ranawat also helped design the Ranawat-Burstein Total Hip System and Accolade Hip System. Dr. Ranawat is a consistent frontrunner on New York magazine's list of top 100 orthopedic surgeons in the country. Dr Ranawat was born in Mewar . He studied in India and in the mid-sixties migrated to USA.
He is also a philanthropist and runs a public trust "Ranawat Foundation Trust", meant to render services for humanity. The trust has recently provided aid to a local hospital in Pune. Doctors, who have worked with him described the noted surgeon as one of the best in the world with a healing touch.
- ^ "AWARDS AND DECORATIONS". Online Webpage of the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. Archived from the original on 2007-10-08. http://web.archive.org/web/20071008230238/http://mha.nic.in/AR01-CHP17.htm. Retrieved 2007-11-29.
- ^ "With new knees". Online Edition of The Frontline, Volume 18 - Issue 13, Jun. 23 - Jul. 06, 2001...NOTE: No such article in issue referenced, see: http://frontlineonnet.com/fl1813/fl181300.htm. http://www.hinduonnet.com/fline/fl1813/18131300.htm. Retrieved 2007-11-29.
- ^ "Special arrangements at Bombay hospital". Online Edition of The BBC, dated 2000-10-09. 2000-10-09. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/963811.stm. Retrieved 2007-11-29.
- ^ The Stiff Knee: Ankylosis and Flexion, Chitranjan S. Ranawat and William F. Flynn (2003), Jr.. http://books.google.com/books?id=9CtU9jlYxKUC&pg=PA123&lpg=PA123&dq=ranawat+surgeon&source=web&ots=CJz-FYPeYV&sig=tLW_S-jsNTJsaHc5XYeqe4hXMOk. Retrieved 2007-11-29.
- ^ "Lata Mangeshkar given Bharat Ratna". Online Edition of the Hindu, dated 2001-03-22. http://www.hinduonnet.com/2001/03/22/stories/01220006.htm. Retrieved 2007-11-29.
- ^ "Reticent Dr Ranawat is a master of his craft". Online Edition of The Rediff.com. http://www.rediff.com/news/2000/sep/12pmus3.htm. Retrieved 2007-11-29.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of people from Rajasthan — This is a list of famous and notable people from Rajasthan, India. This would include persons who are known to a large number of people and is not based on the extent of their popularity. Neither is the list viewed from the context of the present … Wikipedia