- Dan Druff (musician)
Daniel James Irving (born April 16, 1969), better known as Dan Druff, is a bass guitarist, guitar technician, and vocalist who has worked with artists including Queens of the Stone Age, Slayer, Butt Trumpet, The Distillers, Monster Magnet, Sum 41. To date he has worked on over 50 studio records. He has been on tour with Guns N' Roses on the Chinese Democracy Tour.
Druff, who was born in New Haven, Connecticut, formed the St. Louis rock band Shagnaps in 1991. The band had much success on the local St. Louis scene. The band featured guitarist/singer Dan Druff, bassist/singer Otis London and drummer Tony Mack. The Shagnaps broke up in 1995 and played reunion shows in 1996 and 1998.
Dan had a brief stint with the Chrysalis/EMI punk band Butt Trumpet in 1995. He abruptly quit the band onstage at a New York City concert. Dan appears in Butt Trumpet's video "I'm Ugly and I Don't Know Why."
Dan Druff started working with QOTSA on their 2000 "Rated R" album. In early 2005, Queens bassist Nick Oliveri left due to personal differences with Queen's frontman Josh Homme, and was replaced with Druff, who performed with the band through their "Lullabies to Paralyze" ("Europa") Promo Tour. Dan appears in QOTSA "Little Sister" and "Long Slow Goodbye" videos.
- Queens of the Stone Age - Over the Years and Through the Woods (performer)
- From Satellite - When All Is Said and Done (vocals, musician)
- Coheed and Cambria - Year of the Black Rainbow (guitar tech)
- ^ Montgomery, James (10 February 2005). "Stone Age Secrets Are Out: Bass Player, New Video Revealed". MTV. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1496822/20050210/queens_stone_age.jhtml. Retrieved 22 December 2010.
- ^ Jenkins, Sacha (May 2005). "Rumble". SPIN (magazine): p. 88. http://books.google.com/books?id=U1mdDlPSC9YC&pg=PA88&dq=Dan+Druff+guitar&hl=en&ei=L3oSTZ7wAY2WsgODq_HOAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CDIQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=Dan%20Druff%20guitar&f=false. Retrieved 22 December 2010.
Queens of the Stone Age Contributors Studio albums EPs Singles Soundtrack appearancesThe Punisher: The Album Other songs DVDs Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Dan Druff — may refer to: Dan Druff (musician), born Daniel James Irving, rock musician Todd Witteles, professional poker player known as Dan Druff See also Dandruff, excessive shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp This disambiguation page lists… … Wikipedia