- Uncial 0189
New Testament manuscripts
papyri • uncials • minuscules • lectionaries
Uncial 0189 Text Acts 5:3-21 Date c. 200 Script Greek Found unknown Now at Berlin State Museums Cite A.H. Salonius, 'Die griechischen Handschriftenfragmente des Neuen Testaments in den Staatlichen Museen zu Berlin', ZNW 26 (1927): 116-119. Size 1 vellum leaf; 18 x 11.5 cm; 32 lines/page Type Alexandrian Category I Hand reformed documentary Note page numbers suggest Acts only codex
Its history is unknown prior to its current possession by the Staatliche Museen zu Berlin. Uncial 0189 measures 11.5 cm by 18 cm from a page of 32 lines. The scribe wrote in a reformed documentary hand.
The nomina sacra are written in an abbreviated way: ΑΝΟΣ ΠΝΑ ΚΥ ΚΩ ΙΛΗΜ ΘΩ ΙΣΗΛ.
The Alands describe the text-type as "at least normal". Uncial 0189 is an important early witness to the Alexandrian text-type, nearly always agreeing with the other witnesses to this type of text. Aland placed it in Category I (because of date).
Currently it is dated by the INTF to the 2nd or 3rd century.
It is classed as a "consistently cited witness of the first order" in the Novum Testamentum Graece (NA27). NA27 considers it even more highly than other witnesses of this type. It provides an exclamation mark (!) for "papyri and uncial manuscripts of particular significance because of their age."
The text was first published by AH Salonius in Zeitschrift für die neutestamentliche Wissenschaft in 1927.
- Other early uncials
- Sortable lists
- Related articles
- ^ Comfort, Philip W.; David P. Barrett (2001). The Text of the Earliest New Testament Greek Manuscripts. Wheaton, Illinois: Tyndale House Publishers. pp. 693. ISBN 978-0-8423-5265-9.
- ^ Philip W. Comfort and David P. Barrett, The Text of the Earliest New Testament Greek Manuscripts, (Wheaton, Illinois: Tyndale House Publishers Incorporated, 2001), pp. 692-695.
- ^ Aland, Kurt; Barbara Aland; Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.) (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. pp. 104, 124. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- ^ "Liste Handschriften". Münster: Institute for New Testament Textual Research. http://intf.uni-muenster.de/vmr/NTVMR/ListeHandschriften.php. Retrieved 22 April 2011.
- ^ Eberhard Nestle, Erwin Nestle, Barbara Aland and Kurt Aland (eds),Novum Testamentum Graece, 27th edition, (Stuttgart: Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft, 2001), 59.
- ^ NA27: 58.
This Christian theology article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.