Bad Gottleuba-Berggießhübel


Bad Gottleuba-Berggießhübel

Infobox Ort in Deutschland
Art = Stadt
image_photo =
Wappen =
lat_deg = 50 |lat_min = 51 |lat_sec = 30
lon_deg = 13 |lon_min = 57 |lon_sec = 0
Lageplan =
Bundesland = Sachsen
Regierungsbezirk = Dresden
Landkreis = Sächsische Schweiz-Osterzgebirge
Verwaltungsgemeinschaft = Bad Gottleuba-Berggießhübel
Höhe = 211-644
Fläche = 88.75
Einwohner = 5990
Stand = 2006-12-31
PLZ = 01816, 01819, 01825
Vorwahl = 035023, 035025, 035032, 035054
Kfz = PIR
Gemeindeschlüssel = 14 2 87 015
Gliederung = 12
Adresse = Hauptstraße 5
01816 Bad Gottleuba-Berggießhübel
Adresse-Verband = Hauptstr. 5
01816 Bad Gottleuba
Website = [http://www.stadt-badgottleuba-berggiesshuebel.de/ www.stadt-badgottleuba-berggiesshuebel.de]
Bürgermeister = Thomas Mutze
Partei =

Bad Gottleuba-Berggießhübel is a spa town in the district Sächsische Schweiz-Osterzgebirge in the Free State of Saxony, Germany. The municipality borders the Czech Republic in the south.

The following villages are part of the municipality: Oelsen in the southeast, Markersbach and Hellendorf in the southeast, Hartmannsbach, Breitenau, Börnersdorf and Hennersbach in the southwest, Bad Gottleuba and Berggießhübel in the central part and Zwiesel, Bahra and Langenhennersdorf in the north. The municipality extends up to the foothills of the eastern Ore Mountains and into the Saxon Switzerland. The united spa town is located between the rivers Gottleuba and Dohna.

Distances from Berggießhübel which is rather in the united spa town's center are:
*25-35 km from Dresden
*7-11 km from Pirna
*200 km from Berlin
*135 km from Prague

Since 2005 the united spa town in the south-east of Pirna which is situated in the south-east of Dresden is well accessed with the A17 express motor-way which will shortly connect Dresden and Prague.

The principal places lies to Gottleuba. Basins include the Bahra in the east and Seidewitz and the Bahre in the west.

In 1999, the Saxon restructuring plan included the amalgamations of Bad Gottleuba, Berggießhübel, Langhennersorf and Bahratal.

Basic character of the town

Surrounded by forests and near a water dam Bad Gottleuba-Berggießhübel has some beautiful parks including a spa health park, a plant garden, a post office, banks, a train station, a promenade and squares. Berggießhübel has a heated open air bath and some folk festivals which are attractive for people beyond the town itself.

History

Oelsen

The old municipality was first mentioned in 1169 reading "Silva Juxta Olesnice". The name originates from Czech "" equivalent to the German "Erlensbusch". Oelsen had the oldest colonistic activities in the Johanniter in the Erzgebirge.

In 1429, the Hussites destroyed Oelsen. It wasn't developed until the 15th century. It was known as the "wüsten Dorf", the wild village in English.

In 1459, the boundaries were fixed between Bohemia and Saxony by a contract between the Bohemian king and Frederick II and Duke William III of Saxony.

In 1517, the manor of Oelsen was acquired by the Bünau family.

245 years later, in 1762, the Bünaus sold possession to the owners. During the Napoleonic Wars in 1813, fighting broke between the Russians and the French. Damages were reported, farming was completely devastated in the area that it suffered a famine and diseases.

Electricity came to Oelsen in 1921.

Roads were constructed in 1956, the Gottleuba Dam was constructed in 1956/66.

In 1996, Oelsen joined Bad Gottleuba.

Markersbach and Hellendorf

The name ( _la. Marquardi villa) was first documented in 1363 and probably descendes from (Markwald or Marquart) and Hellensdorf (Heldisdorf) was first mentioned in 1379.

The Napoleonic War in 1813 lead to misery, destruction and plunderings. Its school was opened in 1837 and another in 1858. The school was inaugurated in 1927.

In 1996, the regional organization of Saxony made the two municipalities a part of Bad Gottleuba-Berggießhübel.

Gottleuba

Gottleuba was first mentioned in 1363. Gottleuba was knoen several times as Gotlauia, Gothlewen, Gotlobia, Gottleb and Gottleben.

Gottleuba in 1298 together with Pirna became a part of Bohemia. In 1405 with Pirna, the Meißnischen count Jan von Wartenburg in Tet (Decin today) as pledge was taken back.

The good topographic maps of Gottleuba and Erdmannsdorf. Erdmannsdorf was mentioned in 1379 (Ertmansdorf, also Ertmersdorff). In 1379, the village came into the possession of Thimo wonf Colditz in Graupen (Krupka today). Today, the place doesn;t exist, it went down in 1429 during a war. The village had a fortress on mount Wachstein (altitude: 524 m) and the Felswildnis as "Wüstes Schloss". Also a brook named Ratzschbach (Czech: = castle) south of Wachstein. In 1850, geographer Schiffner reported the remains of the fortress wall.

The region was changed by the mining industry in 1386. The northern part had iron-salt rock and copper and silver were mined near Erdmannsdorf. These findings lured miners from Freiberg and Ehrenfriedsdorf and along from Thuringia and Harz. The last pit was closed in 1889 with the exploitation of silver.

In 1463, Gottleuba received municipal law. Before 1459, Guttleuba's boundary fixings was slammed shut by the Bohemians of the Marks of Meißen.

In the 16th century, Gottleubaer guilded with special commercial laws (for example, holding of spring and autumn markets and grant of weekly markets.

Wars, diseases and large city fires in 1746 and 1865 and the flood disasters of 1552, 1897 and 1927 and 1957 brought again large setbacks to the city.

A welfare place of the Landesversicherungsanstalt Sachsen was built in Gottleuba and became Bad Gottleuba.

Since 1991, the sanatorium named "Gesundheitspark Bad Gottleuba" is lead by TRIA Immobilienanlagen und Verwaltungs-GmbH in Berlin. In1965 and 1974, the flood protection in the Gottleuba valley demanded since the beginning of the century was built. The Gottleuba Dam covers 52 m and 327 m long. The water surface covers 1.74 km².

Berggießhübel

Berggießhübel was first mentioned as Gißhobel in 1450. The name has two origins, Bei Hey (The Slavic settlements in the kingdom of Saxony - 1893, "hubil" meaning elevation of hill, the Old High German ', Middle High German ' and Southern German ', ' as much as waterfall and would not come from the German word "gießhütten". (references: "Landesverein Sächsischer Heimatschutz" - Volume XVI - 1927) that the name means "the mountain where ore is melted and poured". Since the place has already existed before the beginning of the mining industry, the interpretation of Hey is correct.

It was considered for a long time as appendage of Gottleuba might not has existed before 1400. In 1501, it was called "Gishobell das durff"m onlyin 1542 is from "stetlein" and finally in 1548 from "stedtlein Bergk Gießhobel".

In 1648 during the Hundred Years' War, the iron mines and hammer works came nearly completely to succumbing.

In 1717, water was found with a propulsion of a lug. It received brewing rights.

In 1813, French troops occupied the place and caused large damages. In 1822, the business was rebuilt through Friedrich August Freiherr von Leyßer.

With the building of a railway line from Pirna over the Langenhennersdorf to Bergießhübel in July 17, 1880, the region was opened. In 1905, the railway until Gottleuba was opened.

In 1993, the MEDIAN-klinik was opened in the area of "Friedrichstal".

In 1999, Bergießhübel and Bad Gottleuba became Bad Gottleuba-Berggießhübel.

Langenhennersdorf and Bahra

Langenhennersdorf was founded as "Hennici villa" in 1356 and was assigned to Markgraf Meissen in 1404. Bahra was mentioned for the first time in 1524. The name originates from the Old High German " (as much as empty) and " meaning empty surface.

Bahra was assigned to the knightly manor ("Rittersgut") of Langenhennersdorf in 1548.

In 1838, a school was opened in Langenhennersdorf.

In 1971, Langenhennersdorf and Bahra became a single municipality and later in 1999, a part of this municipality by the regional reorganization of municipalities.

Bahratal

Bahratal (not to be confused with Bahretal, a neighboring municipality, now community) in today's Markersdorf was first mentioned in 1379 as Marquardisvilla and Hellendorf in 1379 as Heldisdorf. It serves predominantly as summer resorts. Hammer works were established in Kleppisch and Cratza. Bahratal since 1976 has its border crossing with the Czech Republic.

Main sights

*Zürnersche Postmeilensäule
*Gottleuba Dam
*Town hall of Bad Gottleuba-Berggießhübel
*Parks
*A plant garden
*Schloss Friedrichsthal
*Museum Heimatstube
*Wandergebiet Labyrinth in Langenhennersdorf
*Waterfall in the Langenhennersdorf brooks

External links

(in German)
* [http://www.berggiesshuebel.de] with the municipal plan
*http://www.gottleubatal.de
*http://www.oberelbe.de with land map on the start page


Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.

Look at other dictionaries:


Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.