- MTV Adria
MTV Type Cable and Satellite television network (Music/youth culture) Country Bosnia and Herzegovina
Owner MTV Networks Europe (Viacom)
MTV Adria is a localized version of the music and entertainment channel MTV Europe, customized for the Balkan countries that used to be constituent parts of Yugoslavia. It serves the following countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Slovenia.
The channel launched on September 1, 2005 replacing MTV Europe across the region. MTV Adria's headquarters were initially located only in Ljubljana, Slovenia, but have subsequently expanded also to Belgrade, Serbia and Zagreb, Croatia.
Diversification of MTV Adria
- In June 2009, MTV began to strengthen its presence within the region by expanding its offices to Zagreb and Belgrade, the latter becoming the station's main headquarters, co-ordinating with MTV Networks Europe in London, Warsaw and Budapest. Operations began to be regionalised and divesified especially in Croatia, Serbia and Slovenia , leading to the launch of 3 separate feeds: MTV Croatia, MTV Slovenia and MTV Serbia, aimed at showcasing more localised advertising and subtitles relevant to each of the three key markets within the region. The 3 feeds share the same content, online branding and on-air programming, though with localised subtitles, advertising and sponsorship. On air, the network is now simply referred to as MTV.
- From September 2005 to October 2006, MTV Adria, as it was known at the time, adopted the same graphic set which was then used by other local MTV channels in Europe, including MTV Germany and MTV Europe and featured urban elements.
- From October 2006 to May 2007, it switched to a new graphic set which was specifically created for MTV Adria and included abstract elements such as colored spots scattered around the screen during promos and video IDs.
- From May 2007 to June 2009 the channel used a graphic set known as "Electrofolk", which was especially developed by MTV Networks International for MTV Adria and other MTV channels from the Emerging Markets area.
- In June 2009, MTV Adria was the first channel to introduce the latest graphic set commissioned by MTV's World Design Studio. Most other MTV channels across Europe and the world adopted the same graphic set on July 1, 2009. The station also received a rebrand at the same time, with a new bug and song-title graphics set, which was subsequently adopted by all international versions of MTV (except for MTV US) from July 1, 2009. Over the 4 months prior to the channel's re-launch, the caption "Adria" was silently removed from logos and programmes (i.e. with "Adria Top 20" being renamed to just "Top 20").
- On September 16, 2009, MTV launched its new websites, available in Croatian, Slovene and Serbian language, each on its own country's TLD. There are almost no mentions of the word Adria in the websites, which are known as MTV Hrvatska, MTV Slovenija and MTV Srbija . However, the MTV Adria  domain is still active, though now only redirecting to the local websites and using the word "Adria" as an umbrella term that encompasses all of them.
- On October 23, 2010, MTV Slovenia posted news about MTV Adria not existing anymore on their Facebook page and confirmed that while MTV's in the Adria region still share the same programming, they are divided into MTV Croatia, MTV Slovenia and MTV Serbia
- On July 1st, 2011, MTV rebranded again, rolling out a new logo on-air (previously used on MTV US since 2010), along with new idents and graphics. This set is a blend between the previous branding by Universal Everything and the current branding of MTV US by Popkern.
- On August 25th, 2011, MTV further split its 3 feeds, not only during commercial breaks, but also programming-wise. For the first time since the channel's launch, different programming can now be broadcast across the region. However, the 3 feeds will continue to carry the same contents and scheduling for the time being.
Ever since its launch, MTV Adria has carried a much higher amount of music programming in its schedule compared to most of its sister channels across Europe, preserving MTV Europe's original format. The channel's schedule also includes a number of non-music productions sourced from MTV US, MTV Networks Europe and MTV Networks International.
A wide spectrum of musical genres is covered through a large number of specialist music shows and videographies airing on a daily or weekly basis. At present, music video-based shows airing regularly on the channel include:
- 3 From 1
- Alternative Nation
- Brand: New
- Chill Out Zone
- Dancefloor Chart
- Domačica / Domaćica
- Hip Hop Chart
- Just See MTV
- Morning Mix
- MTV Premiera / MTV Premijera
- MTV Takeover
- Music Non Stop
- Party Zone
- Rock Chart
- So '90's!
- The Official Top 20
- Top 10 At 10
- Top 20
- Videography: Hip Hop
- Videography: Domača Naloga / Domaća Zadaća / Domaći Zadatak
- Videography: Rock Riff
- Videography: This Week In Music
International music initiatives
- Friday Night Music
- MTV Push
- MTV World Stage
Most local productions so far have been music-focused.
- Okus Znanih / Ukus Poznatih
- MTV Express
- MTV Takeover
- MTV Reporteri (for Serbia only).  
Entertainment / International programming
The channel currently carries the following international acquisitions in its schedule:
- Blue Mountain State
- Chappelle's Show
- Disaster Date
- Jersey Shore
- MTV @ The Movies
- My Life As Liz
- Paris Hilton's Dubai BFF
- Plain Jane
- Randy Jackson presents: America's Best Dance Crew
- Reno 911
- The Family Crews
- The Hard Times Of RJ Berger
- The Real World
- True Life
- When I Was 17
- MTV is distributed through local cable providers in the region as well as DTH satellite platforms such as Max TV and TotalTV.
MTV Europe Music Awards: Best Adria Act
Local performers who appear on MTV are eligible to receive the Best Adria Act award at the annual MTV Europe Music Awards. So far, the winners have been:
- Siddharta (2005)
- Aleksandra Kovač (2006)
- Van Gogh (2007)
- Elvir Laković Laka (2008)
- Lollobrigida (2009)
- Gramophonedzie (2010)
Pan-European BalkansMTV Adria Baltics (defunct)MTV Estonia · MTV Lithuania & Latvia Czech RepublicMTV Czech ' Nickelodeon (Czech) Benelux Nordic France Germany / Austria / Switzerland Greece Hungary Italy Israel Poland PortugalMTV Portugal · Nickelodeon Portugal RomaniaMTV România · Nickelodeon Romania Russia Spain Turkey (defunct) Ukraine UK and Ireland
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
MTV Adria — ist der balkanesische Ableger der weltweit agierenden MTV Gruppe. Inhaltsverzeichnis 1 Geschichte 2 Kritik 3 Einzelnachweise 4 Weblinks … Deutsch Wikipedia
MTV Central — MTV Germany Launched 1997 Owned by Viacom International Media Networks Slogan MTV: All Eyes On ... Website … Wikipedia
MTV Europe — Launched August 1, 1987 Owned by Viacom International Media Networks Broadcast area Europe Headquarters … Wikipedia
MTV Greece — Launched September 1, 2008 Network MTV Owned by Restis Enterprises (75%) Vardis Vardinogiannis (20%) Piraeus Bank Group (5%) Picture format … Wikipedia
MTV — Senderlogo Allgemeine Informationen Empfang: Satellit … Deutsch Wikipedia
MTV Rossija — MTV (russisch MTV: Музыкальное телевидение, deutsch: MTV Musiksender ) ist die russische Version des Musikkanals MTV in Russland und Ländern der GUS. Er wird betrieben von der Firma MTV Rossija (russisch: MTV Россия), die auch den Telekanal VH1… … Deutsch Wikipedia
MTV Russia — MTV (russisch MTV: Музыкальное телевидение, deutsch: MTV Musiksender ) ist die russische Version des Musikkanals MTV in Russland und Ländern der GUS. Er wird betrieben von der Firma MTV Rossija (russisch: MTV Россия), die auch den Telekanal VH1… … Deutsch Wikipedia
MTV Russland — MTV (russisch MTV: Музыкальное телевидение, deutsch: MTV Musiksender ) ist die russische Version des Musikkanals MTV in Russland und Ländern der GUS. Er wird betrieben von der Firma MTV Rossija (russisch: MTV Россия), die auch den Telekanal VH1… … Deutsch Wikipedia
MTV Networks Europe — (MTVNE) est une filiale du conglomérat média Viacom. C est la société productrice des chaînes MTV en Europe et en Afrique du Nord. L entreprise est créé en 1987, lors du lancement de la chaîne MTV Europe, soit six ans après le lancement de MTV… … Wikipédia en Français
MTV Tr3́s — (Tres) ist ein Ableger vom multinationalen Musiksender MTV und spielt hauptsächlich lateinamerikanische Musik und richtet sich somit an spanischsprachige Einwanderer in den USA. Zum Programm gehört Hip Hop, Rock und Pop. Zudem gibt es aktuelle… … Deutsch Wikipedia