Kinton, Oregon


Kinton, Oregon

Kinton is an unincorporated community in Washington County, Oregon, United States. It is located near the northern shore of the Tualatin River, near the intersection of Oregon Route 210 and River Road, a major county arterial that runs northwest towards Hillsboro. Kinton is located approximately eight miles north of Newberg, six miles southwest of Beaverton, and seven miles southeast of Hillsboro. The community was once the site of a ferry (the Scholls Ferry) crossing the Tualatin River between Kinton and nearby Scholls. While the ferry has long since been replaced with a bridge, OR 210 is still known locally as Scholls Ferry Road.

According to "Oregon Geographic Names", Kinton was named for Peter Kindt, a pioneer who took up a donation land claim nearby. Kinton had its own post office from 1894–1903.

Kinton is in Oregon's wine country, and there are several notable wineries in the area.

The ZIP Code is 97007, which Kinton shares with nearby Beaverton.

External links


Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.

Look at other dictionaries:


Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.